Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Quick Merit Point Suggestion

Under the "Others" category, could Magic Critical Hit Rate be added in addition to Critical Hit Rate?
    (8)

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    /nods /yes please
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Just wondering if also, you could raise the cap on attributes from 45 to 60, one final raise due to the wide spectrum of jobs you offer us! PLssss ^.^
    (0)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Imagine max cap on suggested merit and with MB damage for BLM v.v
    (0)

Thanks for the suggestions.

I let the development team know your suggestions for merit point category additions.

As for increasing the cap on categories, when it comes to merit points, the categories for each job were designed back on the concept of making choices based on how you want to enhance your character. As the current limit of the amount of points you can spend on each category as well as the effect gained from each is where we envisioned it to be, we do not have any plans at the moment to increase the cap.
    (0)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I let the development team know your suggestions for merit point category additions.

As for increasing the cap on categories, when it comes to merit points, the categories for each job were designed back on the concept of making choices based on how you want to enhance your character. As the current limit of the amount of points you can spend on each category as well as the effect gained from each is where we envisioned it to be, we do not have any plans at the moment to increase the cap.
    I think that seeing as you are ending updates in the near future, it's time to stop making people decide what job they want to be good at and let them be good at all of them if they want to put in the effort.
    (14)

Yeah, the merit and crafting limits don't make sense anymore. Just remove them, there simply isn't a practical reason to make us choose anymore.
    (9)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The Dev Team knows that a vast majority of Merit Abilities and Spells aren't used because of the Merit limit on those categories, right?

For example, no sane Brd wouldn't do 5/5 Nightingale and Troubadour; they're just too useful and necessary if you have to put up a lot of songs. Thus Dirge and Sirvente are never seen even though they could be helpful in adjusting the flow of enmity in battle.

Another example could be Rdm, which is extremely limited in how they can merit their spells. Unless they want them to be very effective or not last for very long, they HAVE to put more than 1 merit into a spell to see it be truly effective, usually around 3-5. So adjust Blind II as much as they want, but good luck ever seeing a decent Rdm put their limited merits into that.

The list goes on and on for situations like these, especially for jobs like Blm and Nin. I can understand them not expanding merit points on things like attributes and other similar categories, but the Job Specific categories could really use an expansion. It feels like such a simple way to please the player base, and yet they just won't do it. It doesn't make any sense.
    (15)

Character
    Arenegeth
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Regardless of what the original idea behind Merit Points was, this is 2015 and not 2005.

With the advent of the JP system and with content updates ending soon, there is no point in leaving restrictive vestiges of the past that were designed and implemented in a completely different gameplay environment.

Balance is not much of a concern and it hasn't been for awhile, since if you follow the trends within your own game you would know that for most jobs there's an optimal cookie-cutter set of Merit options the majority of the playerbase picks and the rest of the options are mostly a waste of Merits (with a few exceptions like SMN Category 2 for example). Same goes for most of the not job specific merit categories. Like it matters if I can merit a little extra MND on top of my INT, STR, DEX, options when most ilevel gear comes with stat-vomit, or if I have all Merit WS's at 5/5 when most of the time they are not the best options anyway even at 5/5. The only Merits that conflict with each other are the Emnity ones, if someone wants to merit both of them they will just cancel each other out.

All the removal of the Merit caps will do, is make us more flexible across different jobs and give us more stuff to do since most of us are sitting on capped merits most of the time.
    (7)

Character
    Chiaia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Even if they didn't want to remove all. It would be nice to be able to merit all weapon and magic cats. Acc is so needed these days it not funny. I can see why they don't want us rolling around with job spec merits fully merited (though I think at this point we should be).
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast