Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Please FIX Lair Reives and Colonization Reives!

Hi! Please increase their HP or Durability or spawn frequency; there are too many people at times at a reive and does not give other players a chance to gain bayld or items. I can destroy a reive in under a minute with trusts. This is not favor to those that barely arrive to a reive only to find it at less than a quarter of health and pretty unfair to mages as well. OR...a big OR equalize the amount of bayld received across the board for all reives.
    (10)

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    While they're at it, take away the 5 minute timers if you run past them....
    (10)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'd be fine with that on Lair Reives, but not Colonization Reives. The colonization reives are also obstructions. Often I just want to get from point A to point B, but the reives become a nuisance. If they took longer to bust down, they'd become a bigger nuisance.
    (1)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Does the speed in which you kill a Reive affect the reward you get at the end?

Maybe when it comes to colonization Reives its best to go at them without your trust? If im on SAM I make very quick work of a col reive whatever zone it is in.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Hi! Please increase their HP or Durability or spawn frequency; there are too many people at times at a reive and does not give other players a chance to gain bayld or items. I can destroy a reive in under a minute with trusts. This is not favor to those that barely arrive to a reive only to find it at less than a quarter of health and pretty unfair to mages as well. OR...a big OR equalize the amount of bayld received across the board for all reives.
    I certainly agree with this, I dual-box and I know my whm character won't cure enough to get credit so I have her melee the obstructions while I sit there and take damage the best I can to be something to cure until she gets an evaluation. Problems being the mobs are now so weak they miss a lot and don't hit very hard and well my WHM alt is a terrible DD. If while I'm doing that someone comes in and just blitzes through the reive, there's a good chance my WHM won't get any credit. This is much more likely to happen on Lair Reives which was a major pain when doing the RoE objectives.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I certainly agree with this, I dual-box and I know my whm character won't cure enough to get credit so I have her melee the obstructions while I sit there and take damage the best I can to be something to cure until she gets an evaluation. Problems being the mobs are now so weak they miss a lot and don't hit very hard and well my WHM alt is a terrible DD. If while I'm doing that someone comes in and just blitzes through the reive, there's a good chance my WHM won't get any credit. This is much more likely to happen on Lair Reives which was a major pain when doing the RoE objectives.
    It's flawed I agree.

It's BS how healers and support classes get shafted during Reives - which grossly favor offensive play styles. You are better off soloing them with damage-dealing trusts out then you are being a group of friends healing and supporting them.
    (1)

of course the current "broken" state of affairs comes from melee DD whining in the early days that other types of jobs got "inordinate" amounts of credit in reives and their contributions were insufficiently credited; also because they were frequently in the way of getting to something and people didn't want to have to waste time destroying a reive to get to what they REALLY wanted to do.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Part of it has to do with the fact that SE made it so cures at best seem to get you as much as dmg point for point but you will never be able to take dmg fast enough to cure enough to keep up any dd including magic ones unless you are in serious trouble. And even then you wouldn't have the mp. It doesn't help that buffs literally do nothing completely invalidating the majority of what a lot of some mage jobs do
    (1)

Greetings,

Thanks for all your feedback on reives.

We understand there are times when there are more participants during reives due to bonuses added with Record of Eminence objectives; however, by increasing the HP for reives it would make completing a reive more difficult for new players who are just beginning to explore Adoulin areas. It would also make it more difficult for smaller groups of players to complete, therefore we currently have no plans to make any adjustments to extend the duration of reives.

As for the frequency for the reives, this will affect various aspects such as the difficulty and the colonization rate of Adoulin areas, so we can't make a decision right away; however, we'll look into this.

Also, in terms of the five minute penalty received for passing through a reive, we're still looking into this, but we haven't been able to find a way to prevent players from continuously leaving and re-joining the reive to safely complete it, so this is hard to address. We cannot promise this will be addressed, but we'll continue looking into a way to remove the penalties.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Regarding the reive penalty, could they make it so there is no lock-out if you take no action/gain any emnity while in the area? You would still be locked out if you ran away while actively participating, but just passing through to get to another part of the zone wouldn't penalize you. Multiple times I've headed out to Colkab for a WKR, but just running past a lair reive kept me out of the boss fight.
    (12)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast