Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Glittering Ruby and Ecliptic Growl Bugs

I see a bug was reported for Glittering Ruby but put under insufficient information so I wanted to provide additional information on that as well as report some problems with ecliptic growl.

Glittering Ruby will instead of giving stat up, give stat down, this includes the icon showing a debuff rather than a buff, it cannot be removed except by erase or spring water or carbuncle's soothing ruby or letting it time out. This is probably due to a bug in the recent change to make it so the spell doesn't deteriorate in strength over time. This seems to happen anywhere you can cast Glittering Ruby. To clarify when I got the DEX attribute this is the icon that showed up: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...own_Status.png and I got negative stat attributes in both status and checkparam's accuracy went down.

Ecliptic Growl I can not always reproduce but have had this happen several times. When you use Ecliptic Growl all your stat bonuses (the +XXX in your status next to your attributes) are instead of added to REPLACED by Ecliptic Growl's stat boosts. The stat boosts exist but wipe all boosts from gear and replace it. Checkparam also shows grossly lower stats meaning it is more than just a display error, your stats are actually gone. This rectifies itself on two conditions I have found: 1) you change a piece of gear, this seems to force it to recalculate and you retain both the ecliptic growl and your gear stats. 2) you zone, this seems to also force it to recalculate.

This is a big problem for anyone who doesn't use equipsets, anyone hit by something mid cast, and could be a problem for buffing trusts or anyone in your party not using equipsets.

This is also a long standing bug, if you use Ecliptic Growl in abyssea and have the stat boosts you buy with cruor, it will have no effect.

If you need more information to make this a reported bug please ask me and I'll give you more information or fill out any form you like, I'd like to see these get fixed. Thank you.
    (0)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 04-07-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Hey there AtrixWolfe,

Thank you for this information. It will help the development team determine exactly where this potential issue may be. Though, looking through our bug reports it appears that the previous report was not submitted correctly.

If you could please resubmit a bug report using the proper format found here, that will help us get this information to the proper channels more quickly.

Additionally, if you would please submit a bug report for each issue you have detailed (Glittering Ruby and Ecliptic Growl) that will help expedite the review process.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thank you Grekumah and thank you for putting it so plainly and nicely it was a pleasure to fill out your request:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Attribute-Down
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...tic-Growl-Bugs
    (0)