Character
    Xrecklessx
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 12

New player to Leviathan San D' orian

Im coming back to FFXI and have no idea what im doing as far as the new changes, would much appreciate a helpful active LS and some people to help/level me.
    (0)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    oh hi there I'm in a friendly, social ls, we have recruited a couple more of returning players lately. I'll /poke you in game and see if you're intrested to join us. welcome back!
    (1)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Xrecklessx
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 12
    Awesome im actually thinking of logging in right now.
    (0)

If you see me in game, feel free to shoot me a tell.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Wow, Thread bump!! o.O?

Just wanted to say, if you see me around.. i'm Blondelle & Yogorock on the ls server, I mean Leviathan server I run the YosBrokenHeartsSky ls on my Blondelle character as well.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    well Xrecklessx joined our ls with a friend, they sticked around for a while....but yeah its not easy starting new at this point. Havent seen him on in a while, its depressing, you put time in helping these new people with needed missions, showing them around, lending gear, yet they almost always give up before they get to relative content.
    (0)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Well, with 13 years of content releases, the amount of stuff to do is overwhelming, and MMORPGs tend to be pretty complex in general. I had one friend that refused to play an MMO other than City of Heroes because "he didn't want to have to get a master's degree in <name an MMO> to play it" and only City of Heroes seemed simple enough to him. They have to learn to focus on something, and ignore all the other content, to keep their list of goals short enough to be manageable. Notice that FFXIV has a limit to how many active quests you can have? It's to make it more accessible and not overload players with things to do, because attention spans are shorter now in the gaming population.

I saw someone post on Reddit the other day asking us to prioritize goals for them, without saying what their interest in playing was. Did they want to do storylines? Did they want to fight big battles with their friends? Did they want to play a specific type of job? I'm still waiting on answers to those questions from them.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Alihjeh
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    oh hi there I'm in a friendly, social ls, we have recruited a couple more of returning players lately. I'll /poke you in game and see if you're intrested to join us. welcome back!
    hey i am a returning player and would love to join your LS same name ingame
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

well Xrecklessx joined our ls with a friend, they sticked around for a while....but yeah its not easy starting new at this point. Havent seen him on in a while, its depressing, you put time in helping these new people with needed missions, showing them around, lending gear, yet they almost always give up before they get to relative content.
    Just be careful and don't wear your heart on your sleeve. Try to do something you both benefit from mutually or else make them do the work tbh. Most of these returning players quit with the quickness, and I know I'll be flamed for it but its true. You can provide all the information they want (most don't even read wiki :/) but be careful putting too much effort into it. They usually come to finish storylines and quit without ever thinking once of you again, sad but its common.
    (2)