Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

You're totally right, however, about the mobile app. Any chance there was for me to use it was lost when they said it was seperate from the main game.
    Yeah, they lost me too.

The sad thing is this truly means the death of FFXI. There is no way a stripped down XI without the core playerbase will do well on mobile phones, and while I was potentially interested in maintaining my sub if I could casually log in with my cell phone to putter around on a whim or what not - I don't see any point in subbing at all for no content updates etc.

I don't really care about the rhapsodies, I've never been big on mission content.

It's sad but I think I'm done.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    For years we'd been asking for mobile integration. Let us craft from our phones! Let us update the auction house or our bazaars while we're out and about! Not this. Not this at all. No one asked for this. No point starting a new mobile experience if it throws away all of our years of character-building.
    (11)

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Yeah, they lost me too.

The sad thing is this truly means the death of FFXI. There is no way a stripped down XI without the core playerbase will do well on mobile phones, and while I was potentially interested in maintaining my sub if I could casually log in with my cell phone to putter around on a whim or what not - I don't see any point in subbing at all for no content updates etc.

I don't really care about the rhapsodies, I've never been big on mission content.

It's sad but I think I'm done.
    While overall I agree that it's a dumb idea, and that it's pretty much the death of the game for you and I, keep in mind that neither of us are the target audience at all for this. FFXI has been concentrating on retaining the current playerbase for years now, while not doing nearly enough to attract new players. By the point that RoE came around the general sentiment I got was "this is nice... for the 2 people totally new to the game."

The target audience is mostly in east Asia, who live on their phones and only play free games. They might spend money on it but it'd be on a cash shop. Nexon isn't trying to bring you or I over to the native app, they want new players. I doubt SE would ever have dared to try this themselves but with Nexon taking the risk it's somehow happening.
    (1)

I have found it hard to get new people into FFXI, even after the changes in December 2013. Most old friends that used to play were of the mind that no matter what changed, SE would have to pay them to reinstall and patch the game. I have maybe been able to get one new person to try that either hadn't played before, or it had been a very long time. Meanwhile, half my workplace jumped on FFXIV for at least 2 months after ARR launched, by the January after release. Most don't play anymore, but they were willing to try that and not FFXI.
    (5)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    we've recruited 4 people in our ls this week...2 brand new and 2 returning players from pre-aby era. I just wonder if they have whats needed to stick around, so many struggles for a returning or new player. Empty AH, a bland lvling system wth trusts (granted its better then solo), its even hard to find people (even with a shell) willing to help with cruciale missions. the thing they hear the most is "you can solo that" but thats not what a new player wants to hear........they need a mommy to hold their hand (which i gladly do when not occupied with rl).
    I've pointed this out before and again i really think this is whats needed to boost the morale of new players: 2 things.
    A: revamp the mentor system, make it more dynamic, make it so if a new player talks to one of the mentor npc's that they get a list with all registred mentors on the server (with language)
    B: do it like in EVE its simple and very effective....specially now with the ability to equip 2 shells at once. Make a linkshell dedicated to new players with mentors acting as mods (sackholders in this case) the new people stay there for a month and the shell is only used to answer questions and ask for help.
    (4)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

I have not logged into ffxi for about 35 days now...... I stopped logging in 2 weeks before the press conference because I went to panama city beach spring break; so I didn't want to bring ffxi with me..... I read the mobile app news while I was at PCB and then it discouraged me from logging in any further... (I still havnt updated my march patch) the news that I gathered instantly made it so I didn't want to waste anymore money;

-no new content (meaning NO NEW JOBS OR AREAS/TOWNS)
    - mobile app has nothing to do with ffxi so you basically have to start all over again, and launch will only have COP content so VERY limited areas, playing it on a phone would be unconventional so I'd have to use my fullsized ipad or ipad mini which I use as often as my google glasses (never) making it unappealing.
    - xbox and ps2 support will end in 2016 (I play on 2 xbox and 1 laptop meaning it will be harder for me to use my alts without third party programming)

week 1 without talking to my LS mates was a bit difficult however, I spent about $1000 at gamestop on new videogames to take my mind away from ffxi which quickly helped so I didn't feel as guilty for NOT returning to ffxi (considering I'm the LS leader of Cult of personality EW) (an old song of my fathers, not an actual cult)
    week 2-3 my LS mates started calling my phone, hitting me up on facebook, and xbox chat services about when I would return, and I had to tell each and every one of them my reasons for not returning. (its going on day like 40 of me not playing ffxi even though I'm still paying for it x3 -,-)

when 14 was released I bought it on ps3 and pc version, I played it for 5 mins and then quit because the game was stupid, so about a week ago since I WASNT playing ffxi, I decided to give final fantasy 14 another try on my alienware laptop. Final fantasy 14 is like ffxi meets world of warcraft, I personally hate 14 and stopped playing it again for a second time, the game is WAY too busy, too much clicking with a mouse, camera angles suck, I couldn't even figure out how to auto attack enemies so I basically ran around and hit #1(some fire spell) and #2(some ice spell) for an hour on enemies to level up to level 6 while being spammed out of control by RMTs. Then after very quickly getting bored , I did a /shout and asked, "are there any unlockable jobs" everyone said "No" then I asked "the max level cap is 50" then they said "yes" .......... BORING, so I quit again and went back to weight lifting and playing marvel vs Capcom 2 online xbox live...

With all that being said, this latest press conference has ruined my outlook on mmorpgs and I'm not sure how much longer I will be playing videogames..... I tried playing soooo many new games in the last month or so, from Project spark, and diablo III, dragon age Inquisition, Mario kart 8, super Mario 3d world wii u, monster hunter 3 ultimate, ect and they were all 10 minute video games to me, with the exception of final fantasy 15 demo and the newest final fantasy game for xbox1 which I beat in 10 hours -,- but at the end of the day, I still don't want to return to ffxi because now I associate feelings of sadness and hatred towards something I felt so passionate about.

I am not making this post to discourage anyone else from playing the game, but I do want it to be noted that I am NOT a satisfied customer!
    (5)

And for those who are interested; Cinemin Swivel is a small portable video projector for your smartphone / tablet, it ran me about 200~300$ a few years ago and it is simply an amazing product for its price. you literally just plug it into the bottom of your phone and it will project your phone onto whatever surface you want. sometimes I would use in the car, or sometimes I would use it while hot tubing projecting off the wall, but you can use it virtually anywhere, and it comes with the red / yellow / white connector cords so u can play xbox and stuff on it too. I imagine this would be a good idea for mobile gaming as well and it would be nice to see ffxi somehow partner with their technology so that way people could play the new smartphone ffxi app using this product, or types like it, below is the link.

http://www.wowwee.com/en/products/te...cinemin/swivel
    (0)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Who knows, maybe if the mobile app flops hard enough, they'll considering remaking the desktop client. Again, the excuses we're being given here are bull, and I'm probably one of SE's least critical customers. I didn't even react uncivilly when RME were getting the can. But this, I won't accept quietly.
    (5)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's a stretch, the only thing that makes them look more catlike is the color of their skin, which you can pick from a wide range in XIV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    I just wanted to let you know you are wrong
    Yes mithras have cat noses and their eyes are larger. Also the dialogue from mithra NPCs hints at fur.

As for the mobile version it'll be a korean MMO with an FFXI coat of paint, ugh.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 04-19-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    To be honest I think the mobile app is gonna be a massive flop. FFXI is a console/pcmasterrace game. Always has been. Had they been willing to sink money into a complete rebuild of the game or even a port over to the XIV engine I wouldve given them a hell of a lot better of a chance in that area than a cheap mobile app from Nexcon :/

Maybe things might change in the long run but I dont see it working out well in the future.
    (3)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast