Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    They have the money, but the idea is to spend that money in ways that returns more money for the investment. How would overhauling the game at such a cost give them more money?
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    They have the money, but the idea is to spend that money in ways that returns more money for the investment. How would overhauling the game at such a cost give them more money?
    I have several friends who like the gameplay of FFXI, but are too used to fancy graphics to stand to play it. A FFXI 2.0, with updated graphics and interface, PC only, could bring in new players.
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Honestly, I'd pay $100 for a Single Player version of FFXI. To have access to all the storylines, quests, battle content, and zones I've grown up loving would be worth it. Unfortunately, I believe they said somewhere that it would cost too much money and since they're getting rid of resources rather than replenishing them, I think this is very unlikely to happen. Unfortunately.

And while they are releasing the app version of the game, I don't have a phone fancy enough to run it.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    I have several friends who like the gameplay of FFXI, but are too used to fancy graphics to stand to play it. A FFXI 2.0, with updated graphics and interface, PC only, could bring in new players.
    Hmm, well, they did revamp FFXIV... who's to say FFXI couldn't have a rehaul? And since they're discontinuing PS2 support, they'll have much more leeway for graphics and everything. Since FFXI has such a strong playerbase as is, a complex world with intricate lore already crafted, and has been one of their biggest profiting games, I think a revamp would be a brilliant idea. Really the only things stopping newer players from trying the game are the graphics and the UI.

I fear we won't see a 2.0. Just hopeful dreaming. But how cool would it be if they were stopping the development of FFXI... because they had something better planned?
    (3)
    Last edited by Meyi; 04-18-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Because some people put their heart's and soul's into their character.
    (1)

release this on PS4 , i'd buy & pay for monthly sub yo!

- a single player /standalone offline version of this would be cool too.
    (2)

Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    I wouldnt want a single player version of ffxi, that would be really boring, ffxi has always been more fun with other players, even today. Plus i dont think it's possible as most of the code outside of assets is server side so converting that to single player would be pretty tough and offer little return for se.

The monthly sub is continuing as reducing it will not bring in enough players to gain more money for se, and the game isn't really set up for things like micro transactions and that will provbably lose them more players at this point when the focus is keeping the old player base.

In a perfect world when FFXI dies they will release the code or at least make some kind of toolkit to allow people to make there own servers but i don't see how se would make money off that so realistically it wont happen.

What is the most likely scenario is the mobile version will get released at some point, and SE will hope everyone will go play that and eventually release the mobile version on other platforms like the Switch, at that point the original ffxi shuts down and SE still has a numbered ff title still around. But that's a way off, FFXI in it's current form has at least another 5 years left i would say.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by madmartin View Post
    I wouldnt want a single player version of ffxi, that would be really boring, ffxi has always been more fun with other players, even today. Plus i dont think it's possible as most of the code outside of assets is server side so converting that to single player would be pretty tough and offer little return for se.

The monthly sub is continuing as reducing it will not bring in enough players to gain more money for se, and the game isn't really set up for things like micro transactions and that will provbably lose them more players at this point when the focus is keeping the old player base.

In a perfect world when FFXI dies they will release the code or at least make some kind of toolkit to allow people to make there own servers but i don't see how se would make money off that so realistically it wont happen.

What is the most likely scenario is the mobile version will get released at some point, and SE will hope everyone will go play that and eventually release the mobile version on other platforms like the Switch, at that point the original ffxi shuts down and SE still has a numbered ff title still around. But that's a way off, FFXI in it's current form has at least another 5 years left i would say.
    Last I heard, SE itself has no involvement with development of FFXI Mobile, which was supposed to be for Android/iOS, which wouldn't necessarily port well to something like the Switch. We'd be better off looking for a way to run the current client thru Android than waiting for that thing to get released given the absolute utter lack of info since it was announced and way past initial launch date. FFXIV:ARR is a numbered online title and is also doing better than XI financially, so that's not likely anything that matters either.

They'll keep FFXI servers up as long as it is not impossible to do so financially or technologically due to customer loyalty still carrying meaning for SE as a company.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

A single player mode is not realistic (unless you look at using Alter Egos to conquer story content, then I understand and totally fine). The game is built on multiplayer interaction and open environment. Besides, even mobile games are moving into the mmo realm, having folks meet their friends in arenas or fighting tough monsters in larger groups. If anything, I would like to see FFXI take a page from some of the most popular mobile games (including their own like FFBE, FFRK, Opera Omnia, ect) and hold some weekly events for people to solo AND work in groups to get some awesome gear/weapons/items and to get people to revisit some old content...not to mention to see some more collaborations with other games. This will definitely keep FFXI alive and popular for a long time. Just imagine how cool it would be to do Raids in abyssea or shadowreign areas.
    (0)

Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Last I heard, SE itself has no involvement with development of FFXI Mobile, which was supposed to be for Android/iOS, which wouldn't necessarily port well to something like the Switch. We'd be better off looking for a way to run the current client thru Android than waiting for that thing to get released given the absolute utter lack of info since it was announced and way past initial launch date. FFXIV:ARR is a numbered online title and is also doing better than XI financially, so that's not likely anything that matters either.

They'll keep FFXI servers up as long as it is not impossible to do so financially or technologically due to customer loyalty still carrying meaning for SE as a company.
    They will have some involvement, it would be rediculouse not too as its se's property.

There was an update late last year from Naoki Yoshida in some interview, saying something along the lines of them refining the battle system and they will soon be ready for an official announcement.

It would likely be ported quite easily to the switch as it uses a Nvidia tegra arm chipset used in android devices.

As for the numbered ff thing, i meant I've read it's a big deal to SE not to lose a numbered Final fantasy game so they will not shut ffxi down without some kind of remake hence the mobile version.

Also yeah i agree customer loyalty also means a lot to SE which is a big reason FFXI is still going. At least they didn't do what ncsoft did with city of heroes!
    (1)
    Last edited by madmartin; 03-08-2018 at 05:15 AM.

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughlyn View Post
    release this on PS4 , i'd buy & pay for monthly sub yo!

- a single player /standalone offline version of this would be cool too.
    You know a potato pc can run this game? No need for consoles at all.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5