Character
    Jeanpaul
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Suggestion: Title Lock

Hello! I was wondering if it would be possible to add a "Title Lock" feature, to prevent your title from changing every time you acquire a new one. There are a lot of interesting titles in the game, but many can't be seen without returning to the bard NPCs in town, only to be removed again when you complete certain content (such as Salvage, Delve, and many Abyssea NMs). It would be neat if players could pick their favorite title and stick with that. Thanks!
    (12)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Yeah, this would be great, like I mentioned in one of my threads of old (although it seems like I may have been half (or more) asleep while composing it, as it's not as clear as it probably could be ^^;).

As one who edits a wiki, the sneaky-like changes the mog gardens impose on us can be quite annoying, as they can very easily go unnoticed altogether.

Indeed, sometimes I “have to” re-set my title daily, and that's not particularly enjoyable. I do think it's very much possible that the title system is so deeply tied into the depths of the code that it would be a lot of (too much of) work to change it now. For example, if it was not set as the current title, maybe they could not give the title at all. In theory, it should be simple, but in practice...

As a side-note, one friend of mine is still unable to get the title from defeating the Orthrus Seether, heh...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

The development team was looking into the ability to lock a specific title so that it would not change without player action, but it turns out they would have to completely rebuild the title system, so making this happen would be very difficult.

Making this type of change would consume a lot of development resources that could be used to improve various other quality of life aspects, so we would like to prioritize the adjustment of other elements.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Is it possible to make changing the title something that you could do on your own, instead of with an NPC? Then also set up a "Favorite Titles" list so you could set your title via text command, that you could then macro?
    (6)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Is it possible to make changing the title something that you could do on your own, instead of with an NPC? Then also set up a "Favorite Titles" list so you could set your title via text command, that you could then macro?
    Or just make it so that one NPC could change all the titles and stick him in towns.
    (0)