Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95

How do you advance level from 99 to 119?

I know your suposed to raise level by equiping higher level equipment. How do you get level 119 swords? I have 119 armor but can't equip them. I'm a 99 Bluemage, best I can get is 115, can't equip my 119 armor, any suggestions? Highest swords I have are a 117 and a 109.
    (0)

Player
    Is your iLVL 119 armor Superior Equipment, requiring Job Points? Otherwise, all you have to do it equip it, for your job...
    (0)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    the only 119 gear u cant equip is a few bits u need to unlock by spending 50 job points on that job, it will have su1 written on it all the rest of the 119 stuff u can equip so long as ur 99, 119 gear comes from 119+ content like delve and skirmish, I think records of eminence gear is 117 which u can buy with sparks
    (0)

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I have a complete set of Sombra armor and I'm at level 116 in my present gear and I have the Eminent Scimitar level 117 and 109 Predatrice swords. That Sombra armor is grey shaded and I can't put it on my Bluemage. Do I need 119 swords to wear the armor? I just checked the head peice and it is Su1 equipment. How do you get level 119 swords for a Bluemage?
    (0)
    Last edited by Spero; 03-27-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    No, you just need 50 job points spend on any category for the one job your trying to use Sombra gear with, take a look at your gifts from job points you will see superior1 at 50 points, only those jobs who have reach that gift, who have that many Job pointsuse can wear the superior1 equipment sold at AH. think of Sombra as a special equipment, Sombra can only be worm by any of the jobs on list who have reach a certain amount of job points. you can equip any other 119 equipment without this restriction. only a few AH pieces are like this as for weapons some Delve NMs can drop 119 or the KI needed for you to buy them with plasm, there are also unity NM's that can drop 119 weapons for diff jobs or can also do a few Yorcia II skirmish and buy weapons via wings drop in your personal pool. 3 wings = 1 119 weapon of your choosing or can get some gear Blu is also a great job for Skirmish II.
    (0)

Pretty much, if the armor is above level 109 and isn't EX/RA, then it requires you to have spent 50-100 job points on that job to wear it. Crafted iLevel armor has the Su1 or Su2 flag, meaning you need to have spent job points to get the Gift to equip it. Get armor from Alluvion Skirmish if you want level 119 that you can equip right away.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Guess I'll be selling that SU1 gear. I don't play enough to get 50 job points.
    (0)

Well, you can solo CP in Gates zones, or join a party when a shout is up, or to use most other level 119 equipment you need to do some sort of endgame activity, like Skirmish, Alluvion Skirmish, Delve, or Vagary, to get upgrade items to reforge artifact, relic, or empyrean armor, or to get level 119 equipment that drops from there.

CP is easier to gain with all the double CP campaigns they do, plus a +25-30% cape you can buy on the AH (or if you do Incursion, a cape with up to 50% boost), plus the ~50-60% bonus from clearing Reive objectives in RoE, plus the boost from the ring, plus the boost from Qultada's rolls while having a ring charge active.

You decide what is going to be the least time investment from you. Level 117 is free from RoE. Level 119 requires you to spend time either killing monsters for job points, or spending time doing endgame events with other people.

I've seen SanelyInsane linkshell doing Capacity Points parties before I transferred from Ragnarok to Asura. With the boosts I mentioned, I got about 2 JP in a party killing umbrils in Dho Gates earlier in the week, for about an hour.

Also beware that they added Superior2 recently, and those take 100 JP to equip.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/