Thread: returned player

Character
    Erwindmac
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 34

returned player

I just returned to ffxi about a week ago and I notice on the auction house there's really no gear anymore ?
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's supply and demand. There is no steady demand for gear that can be sold on ah, therefore people aren't going to pay the ah tax just to have it sent back to their mog house. If you want gear to leveling up in you should see a sparks vendor.
    (0)

Character
    Erwindmac
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 34
    Where can I find me one of these sparks vendor
    (0)

Player
    Easiest answer is to google records of eminence. By flagging that at level one, you can start doing quests for it while leveling up, which rewards you with sparks. You can gain enough sparks to equip your character all the way to iLVL 117 without spending any gil. Just make sure that you have the combat for your region always up , as well as the damage received and damage given. If you dual box or have a friend, always level sync, then you can have the level sync ones up for even more spark goodness!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by erwindmac View Post
    I just returned to ffxi about a week ago and I notice on the auction house there's really no gear anymore ?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post482618

Between how fast you level now, being able to buy weapons and armor from Records of Eminence NPC, and Trusts always being your level, upgrading armor every few levels isn't a requirement anymore, and even upgrading every 10 levels, a piece of armor won't last you more than a few hours. As such, people have stopped selling it on the AH because the game gives it away via RoE and treasure caskets from Fields and Grounds of Valor areas. Someone is going to level past a piece of armor so fast, they may not check the AH before they don't need it anymore, and the majority of the servers have leveled the jobs they want to level.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/wiki/qol

There's a list of big changes since the December 2013 patch, and links to the patch notes that describe how to start the .
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post482618

Between how fast you level now, being able to buy weapons and armor from Records of Eminence NPC, and Trusts always being your level, upgrading armor every few levels isn't a requirement anymore, and even upgrading every 10 levels, a piece of armor won't last you more than a few hours. As such, people have stopped selling it on the AH because the game gives it away via RoE and treasure caskets from Fields and Grounds of Valor areas. Someone is going to level past a piece of armor so fast, they may not check the AH before they don't need it anymore, and the majority of the servers have leveled the jobs they want to level.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/wiki/qol

There's a list of big changes since the December 2013 patch, and links to the patch notes that describe how to start the .
    Can't stress what he said regarding RoE enough. I've leveled three jobs, PLD, WAR and PUP from 1-99, and only used sparks to purchase the equipment. The speed you gain levels, and sparks, is very different from what you most likely remember from whenever you played last. Make sure you have trust NPCs, and it makes it a lot easier.
    (0)