Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    Oh it was just a joke. Honestly I don't think they needed that much of a nerf.. they kinda pulled a RNG.
    So in other words, people are having a cow, but the job functions just fine still, but nobody will use it anymore because: nerf bat, regardless of what the outcome is: nerf bat!!
    Because that's kind of how rng went in what... 2005 was it? Rng did ungodly dmg by skipping the defense checks and then they fixed it to follow them. Rng was still good, everyone just hated it because 12rngs weren't knocking down kirin in seconds.

Kind of seems thf is the same.
    From what I understand, thf is still popping off 30-40k dmg if you have the gear for it, how is that a bad thing?

Anyway, the update seems pretty good to me as far as content goes.
    I've seen some bugs pop up that weren't there before, but so far, nothing game breaking or problematic. My old linkshell has been kind of quiet so idk if they found any bugs today.
    I'm liking the stats on empy armour, I just need to get my butt in aby (bleh) and get some of my pieces to 109, then see what happens waiting for 119 prices since I can't do vagary.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I like this update.
    (8)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think they vastly overreacted to the complaining. Seeing how much they "slightly adjusted" the dagger WS makes me strongly regret commenting on the issue. Any adjustment that might have been needed wasn't anywhere near what they actually did, and putting off the new RDM spell intended to help with the issue definitely doesn't help. I'm all for a balanced game, but knee jerk reactions don't get us there.

Seems like Vagary (oh god there's so many dirty jokes going on about that) is pretty good, but it looks like they've upset more than they pleased today.
    (1)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    No notes on fixing the fishing bugs either. Sad update is sad.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    THF was broken previously, they just fixed it and now it's in line with other damage dealing jobs. It still functions as a powerful SC closer but not as stupidly broken as it was before with 30K RS's being followed by 45~60K double darks.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    THF was broken previously, they just fixed it and now it's in line with other damage dealing jobs. It still functions as a powerful SC closer but not as stupidly broken as it was before with 30K RS's being followed by 45~60K double darks.
    Yeah now mages can do this dmg and way beyond. But of course THF was OP while other Magic based jobs keep soloing the whole game xD.
    (1)

Player
    I like Vagary, but I dislike the rarity of the +1 items considering the number of people you want to take in to beat it.

Empy armor is quite cool.

Thf got hit overly hard, I didn't think it needed a nerf anyway.
    (0)

Player
    The update is fine. THF nerf was needed, SMN thing already said they're fixing (minor oversight), the rest is not even an issue.

Please don't exaggerate.
    (3)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    empy gear reforged not living up to the hype
    Easy to get

Awesome stats

Pick one.
    (2)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar2kx View Post
    So in other words, people are having a cow, but the job functions just fine still, but nobody will use it anymore because: nerf bat, regardless of what the outcome is: nerf bat!!
    Because that's kind of how rng went in what... 2005 was it? Rng did ungodly dmg by skipping the defense checks and then they fixed it to follow them. Rng was still good, everyone just hated it because 12rngs weren't knocking down kirin in seconds.

Kind of seems thf is the same.
    From what I understand, thf is still popping off 30-40k dmg if you have the gear for it, how is that a bad thing?

If you have to actually PLAY a job rather than just faceroll people aren't interested. This is why MNK and SAM dominate, they are faceroll jobs that do awesome damage without putting any skill or effort into it. Just engage, spam WS and maybe fire off an ability once in a while and you'll still outdamage everyone else.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast