Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Greetings,

I have some follow-up information to share.

We’ve been continuing to test and look into this issue since the weekend, and as a result, we’ve confirmed that by changing the Blood Pact execution delay time to 1.25 seconds, equipment changed through the “/equipset” command is now functioning stably.

Based on these results, we will be lengthening the delay time from 1 second to 1.25 seconds, and we’re in the midst of performing final testing for implementation.

Furthermore, Stunga and several other Blood Pacts whose execution timing is critical will not undergo this adjustment, and their execution delay time will remain the current duration.

The development team is working to get this implemented in the coming days, so please hang in there just a short while longer.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why don't you guys let us use a lower delay from /wait? wasn't /wait 0.5 a thing awhile ago? Give us .25, .5 and .75 wait timers instead of a solid second only.

edit: OR Fix it so that Equipset 1> issue pact> equipset 2 doesn't require a delay and it instead issues commands in order in the fastest stable rate possible.
    (3)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Simplest solution would be to only apply the described method on Blood Pact : Rage. Noone Bloodpacts in MAB or Damage Gear when they use Wards
    (0)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ward Debuffs require Macc and +skill for the pet, and Ward Buffs require +skill. You should be swapping from -bp gear to those sets as well.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No, the best solution would be to get rid of BP delay altogether and make haste affect them instead. Things would be much simpler that way since all armor has haste these days and then you wouldnt need nearly as much macro gear.
    (2)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No, the best solution would be to get rid of BP delay altogether and make haste affect them instead. Things would be much simpler that way since all armor has haste these days and then you wouldnt need nearly as much macro gear.
    Imagine how quick Boost and Provoke would be ready following this example. Blood Pact Delay is a Job Ability, therefore not affected by any haste gear.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    Imagine how quick Boost and Provoke would be ready following this example. Blood Pact Delay is a Job Ability, therefore not affected by any haste gear.
    So just make them function as spells instead.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    Well, it would be potentially problematic to apply it to all job abilities, but I think it's appropriate for summoner becasue the avatars are conjured by a spell so you're technically still dealing with magic. It would make the haste stat more relevant to all summoners rather than just those that swing their stick while soloing / doing easy stuff.

Which is why I was specifically proposing blood pact to be affected by haste, not all job abilities. I think it's stupid that we need a special stat to speed up our primary means of attack when no other job needs such a thing (ignoring pet haste, but its more than just summoner that benefits from that)
    (1)

Character
    Kuraneko
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've recently come back with the last 'Return to Vana'diel Adventurer Campaign' and was learning these gearset macros and both love and hate them. It appears anything midcast is still broken? I saw Camate's response at 3.30.2015 and am guessing the fix mentioned there has NOT been implemented yet and SMN is as of yet super sketchy to play using these /equipset macros for midmacro fails?

It's the whole, hit macro, -BP gear applies right, ability goes off then you get a:
    >> /equipset (whatever#)
    ...A command error occurred.

I gotta agree. As much as I sometimes miss the complexity of XI's system with it's gearswaps stuff like this makes me REALLY extremely happy it's not anything to frustrate me in XIV. Considering a certain 3rd party software out there has been doing this better for years from what I hear it's kind of a shame.
    (0)

Are you keeping a sufficient /wait between the gearsets? It looks to me that there isn't and that's the reason for your error.

My macro setup is as follows:

/equipset 29 (BP Delay)
    /pet "Flaming Crush" <t> <wait 1>
    /equipset 27 (Hybrid set)

This is working like a charm for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 06-01-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added some info.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast