Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Beastmasters being undersold

I'll keep this easy and breezy

- before someone chimes in saying bst are overpowered due to pet. You only think that due to us always having a pet that was created to be EP to a level 75 BST. Now our pets are EM/DC to us so instead of getting an upgraded pet we just got pets that made more sense. -

#1.

BSTs pets cost money ( jugs ) and is the only pet related job whose pets do not stay out when we zone. Then we have a high recast on our Job Ability as well. While everyone has had their job abilities adjusted and their pets allowed to zone with them bst has been forgotten in that aspect.

#2.

Able to solo in Abyssea but unable to target any triggers even though our pets are elemental based ( jugs ) and use every form of attack blunt, piercing etc. Why can't a BST use blunt to trigger a Red trigger on a NM in Abyssea or why is it that a BLU who learns his skills from our Pet Families ( ie Sheep Song = Light based ) and is able to trigger in Abyssea but the root of his skills cannot.

#3.

Inability to control pets.

it's become old hat now that our pets now run off into the distance waving good bye to the master going after some stray mob that happened to hit it with an AoE. I've lost pets across zone when an AoE off a NM hit him and gained more hate then a NM that I was fighting at the time and when he turned and ran the NM went Yellow and some random person who was hoping for the flawed BST hate system to kick in grabbed the NM and took the kill.

This happens a lot for the BSTs would be nice if someone fixed that.

There's a lot of things broken on BST and this last one I'll be posting in the bug section as well as it's happening a lot recently and it's getting old quick

So here's a dollar people take it to the store and get some change... would love to see people share their 2 cents
    (6)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

I'm no BST, but I think your points are valid. It is just a shame such basic things go completely under the radar because more people talk about the good jobs because more people play them.

I'm of course positive half of those problems are just SE sharing code between jugs and charmed mobs. Like you can't zone charmed mobs = you can't zone jugs. Or a normal monster hits whoever has highest hate = pets hit whoever has highest hate. I must admit I find it a little funny that your pets attack different targets on their own, gives them personality. But it must be terrible for playing.
    (0)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yopop View Post
    #2.

Able to solo in Abyssea but unable to target any triggers even though our pets are elemental based ( jugs ) and use every form of attack blunt, piercing etc. Why can't a BST use blunt to trigger a Red trigger on a NM in Abyssea or why is it that a BLU who learns his skills from our Pet Families ( ie Sheep Song = Light based ) and is able to trigger in Abyssea but the root of his skills cannot.
    Same thing as SMN. Also, every pact is considered physical, even the Avatar's magical abilities.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    BST is actually broke down to blunt etc

that's why I don't see why it can't be considered for Triggering since BLU uses some of them

ie 1000 needles
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

5. 04-05-2011 07:34 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic

6. 04-05-2011 07:37 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic

7. 04-05-2011 08:47 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic

Hi Yopop!

We have moved your thread to the Beastmaster section. You have some very good ideas and we don't want to see them missed! Keep them coming.

Thank you,

-Senior Game Master Jhanaka
    (0)

Player
    TL / DR for the rest of you

1. Let Bst jugs zone

2. Give Bst more procs for abyssea weaknesses

3. Give Bst an ability to lock your pet onto one mob to prevent NM stealing

I like idea 1 and 3.... I can live without 2... but if they do it I wouldn't complain ;o
    (0)
    Last edited by Flunklesnarkin; 04-05-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yopop View Post
    Inability to control pets.

it's become old hat now that our pets now run off into the distance waving good bye to the master going after some stray mob that happened to hit it with an AoE.
    I've never had nor have I ever seen this happen. lol
    (0)

Player
    It happens... just not often.
    (0)

Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    If we could actually keep monsters red that would be helpful.
    Easy fix allow multiple monsters to be claimed at once. I think we should be allowed to claim up to 5-6 without losing claim on any of them.

Sucks getting a new charmable pet and while doing so what your fighting turns yellow. This needs to be fixed!
    Yes please on zoneable jugs and longer durations on older jugs 30 mins for a cactuar jug that takes 100 alchemy to make is sad.
    (1)

13. 04-05-2011 05:16 PM

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I've been playing BST specifically for around 7+ years so you'd be surprised the things you see with this job

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I've never had nor have I ever seen this happen. lol
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast