Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AtrixWolfe View Post
    It's 18 jobs, there's 22 jobs in FFXI, 4 have native party movement speed abilities. The 18 other jobs don't have party movement movement abilities, if they had them, and can't use them in town I'd complain yes. Even if half of them couldn't use them in town. But SMN is the only one who can't use it in town, where it's often needed as a very important spell.

Your post is entirely off base and misses the point on purpose. SMN has a native movement buff, it's part of the benefit of the job by design. Due to conflicting design, not as a feature it doesn't have the ability to use this ability a lot of the time it is needed. It isn't in the game to limit the power of summoner, it isn't in the game by design because who would intentionally design a spell you can't use half the time you need it? This restriction existed before Fleet Wind existed. And when Fleet Wind was implemented no one looked at this aspect. Your reasoning is not any better than the person who said to use another job. It seems you would like this spell to remain broken half the time it's needed. If that's the horse you wanna ride fine, but it's a far from any sensible argument.
    Well you mentioned BRD,THF,COR,DNC,SCH, and SMN. Unless my math is wrong I think that's missing out on 16 other jobs, like said. SMN has a buff yes, It can't be used in town yes. Design flaw? Nope. Like I said use Hearld's or get a 18% SoA ring, Or atleast rename title of thread to "Movement Speed in Town, SMN SAM DRK WAR BLU PUP RUN GEO WHM MNK BLM DRG BST RDM NIN RNG PLD left behind (often literally)"
    (1)

Why does movement speed in towns even matter anymore?
    Home points have been planted in litterally every corner that has a point of interest.

So a Dancer is out of town a whole 3 seconds faster, oh the humanity.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Home points have been planted in litterally every corner that has a point of interest.

Because apparently SMN is such a horribly balanced job that they need a speed boost in order to turn in quests, 3 seconds faster then anyone else that is doing that exact same quest without a speed boost. Honestly, I've assumed this entire thread is just written to be a troll thread and have responded as such.
    (1)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Wow you really don't get the point that much? Completing the windurst missions without any home points and coming back to the game takes over 12 hours. Moving 25% faster through that means a ton of time saved. How can you be so ignorant? Even with homepoints there's a lot of running in town to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by InpendingDeath View Post
    Well you mentioned BRD,THF,COR,DNC,SCH, and SMN. Unless my math is wrong I think that's missing out on 16 other jobs, like said. SMN has a buff yes, It can't be used in town yes. Design flaw? Nope. Like I said use Hearld's or get a 18% SoA ring, Or atleast rename title of thread to "Movement Speed in Town, SMN SAM DRK WAR BLU PUP RUN GEO WHM MNK BLM DRG BST RDM NIN RNG PLD left behind (often literally)"
    I mentioned all movement speed buffs, as well as gear. The point is that of the 4 jobs that can cast movement speed buffs, due to legacy issues SMN can't cast it in town. Gear movement speed doesn't stack with itself, but it does stack with magical movement speed, which was mentioned. Twice. This thread isn't about those jobs. They don't have party buffs for movement speed. Ask SE why they don't. They probably wanted support roles to idk.. be supportive?

Quote Originally Posted by okugi View Post
    Because apparently SMN is such a horribly balanced job that they need a speed boost in order to turn in quests, 3 seconds faster then anyone else that is doing that exact same quest without a speed boost. Honestly, I've assumed this entire thread is just written to be a troll thread and have responded as such.
    Apparently you're making up arguments to argue against yourself. If you wish to come in here, make an ass of yourself over and over far be it from me to stop you.

Thank you for getting my post to page 2 and the free bumps.

None of you so far are any different from trolls, this is a consistent issue for me and it would be for any SMN coming back to the game or playing for the first time. Smaller issues have been suggested in the past to be fixed. You're all "asisnine" as it was put, and incredibly self focused. This is the SMN forum for suggesting bug fixes for SMN. Another thread talks about how Fenrir's model, one of his eyes is improperly modeled. Are you gonna all go troll him next because it's not what you wish to see? I think you've all wasted enough of my time. Thanks for the free publicity though.
    (0)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 03-27-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Wow you really don't get the point that much? Completing the windurst missions without any home points and coming back to the game takes over 12 hours. Moving 25% faster through that means a ton of time saved. How can you be so ignorant? Even with homepoints there's a lot of running in town to be done.
    Are you for real?!
    Apart from Wings of the Goddess and Seekers of Adoulin I've completed every single mission including all 3 nations before Home points or Fleet wind were even a thing. o.O
    I didn't even have Herald's gaiters until Abyssea came out.

You're seriously pointing out some first world issues here.
    (1)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Are you for real?!
    Apart from Wings of the Goddess and Seekers of Adoulin I've completed every single mission including all 3 nations before Home points or Fleet wind were even a thing. o.O
    I didn't even have Herald's gaiters until Abyssea came out.

You're seriously pointing out some first world issues here.
    "It doesn't matter to me because I beat the game, thus it shouldn't matter". Are you for real? They added Fleet Wind, it should work when you need it. Go look at the patch notes, I'd 100x rather have this fix than the lockstyle command even existing. But I wouldn't go into someone making a lockstyle improvement thread and be like how you or most others here are being, you're being incredibly pretentious.
    (0)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 03-27-2015 at 01:22 AM.

I am, because you're making a problem out of a non-issue.
    Summoners were never able to summon pets within town areas, deal with it. Just like every other pet job.

You want movement speed in town that bad? Go level one of the other jobs able to.

By the way, I'd love to see your reasoning on other thing where smn gets shafted according to you.
    (1)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A non issue to you maybe. That doesn't mean you have to come in and be a dick about it. I've lost count of the number of times I have the ability to cast fleet wind, could really use it, and can't because you can't use it in town. Not for a logical reason, but because of this legacy issue, a spell designed to have utility doesn't a lot of the times it is needed. To date, not one person in this thread has given a real point this shouldn't be fixed. They have postured, cajoled, used strawman fallacy over and over like it's going out of style and we're all third graders arguing why they should have the most cookies, made asses of themselves, made appeal to emotion, relied on ridicule and characterization. And why is that? Because just like you they don't have a point.

If you actually cared about the game and it improving you'd welcome all bug reports and quality of life adjustments being put on the table. All I can say is your attitude and behavior is highly hypocritical and your perspective is only bent on "what's a problem for just me" which is fine, I suppose, until you start self righteously trying to impose that view on others. Then, you're nothing better than a jerk, which is boring and the world is full of them. So have a nice life I guess. I'm tired of having my intelligence insulted by even entertaining what you guys consider debate. I've seen 3rd graders that have a better grasp on debate than any of you, I wish I were joking. You've wasted enough of my time.
    (1)
    Last edited by AtrixWolfe; 03-27-2015 at 02:08 AM.

until you start self righteously trying to impose that view on others.
    May I suggest that you take a good, really hard look into the closest mirror right know and cite everything you have posted in this thread to yourself, we'll then have a discussion about who's forcing their views upon others.

I'll give you this, I may be the pretentious one, but I am not the one attacking.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    A non issue to you maybe. That doesn't mean you have to come in and be a dick about it. I've lost count of the number of times I have the ability to cast fleet wind, could really use it, and can't because you can't use it in town. Not for a logical reason, but because of this legacy issue, a spell designed to have utility doesn't a lot of the times it is needed. To date, not one person in this thread has given a real point this shouldn't be fixed. They have postured, cajoled, used strawman fallacy over and over like it's going out of style and we're all third graders arguing why they should have the most cookies, made asses of themselves, made appeal to emotion, relied on ridicule and characterization. And why is that? Because just like you they don't have a point.

If you actually cared about the game and it improving you'd welcome all bug reports and quality of life adjustments being put on the table. All I can say is your attitude and behavior is highly hypocritical and your perspective is only bent on "what's a problem for just me" which is fine, I suppose, until you start self righteously trying to impose that view on others. Then, you're nothing better than a jerk, which is boring and the world is full of them. So have a nice life I guess. I'm tired of having my intelligence insulted by even entertaining what you guys consider debate. I've seen 3rd graders that have a better grasp on debate than any of you, I wish I were joking. You've wasted enough of my time.
    Pretty sure the reason you can't summon pets in town is a latency issue not a legacy one. Ru'lude Gardens is already laggy with all the people bazaaring there, could you imagine what it would be like if they all had big glowing avatars too?

As for movement speed, Harald Gaiters should be easier to get soon which should help with movement speed.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast