Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Devs can we get a response on the actual future of the game please?

Ever since the press conference and the big announcement, I've been going over the post about the Vana'diel Project almost everyday. Like many I'm under the impression that while the Windows version may have at least another 2-3 years before total shutdown, long story short the game is dying. Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will be the final major content that we will see as far as this game goes.

But then reading through the letter/post I saw that SE stated that they would continue regular version updates to balance adjustments and quality of life things. There was also this
    Going forward, the team will renew its focus on providing an enjoyable FINAL FANTASY XI experience on the Windows platform.
    To me right now it sounds as if SE will continue to keep the game going for awhile and that game's future is uncertain. In other words, once ps2/xbox360 support drops we may possibly get more game content and then we may not. Also, I wanted to mention that while I'm not sure on the status of online support for the ps2, there is the rumor that Microsoft would be dropping online support for the 360 consoles and I wonder if that has anything to do with the decision to cut console support on SE's part.

To sum it up, the big news is that Final Fantasy XI is finally kicking the bucket and SE is slowly cutting it's ties with the game by adding the three add-on content "The Big Goodbye Content" and cutting service to last gen(two gens if you include ps2)consoles. Devs...Camate...Bayhone...somebody, can we get some sort of clarification on what's exactly happening to the game?
    (1)

From the same thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

Thank you to everyone who watched the press conference in real-time or caught-up on the announcements afterwards by reading the forum digest and other media articles.

I’d like to personally go over some of the questions that have been posted in this thread so far, and I plan on setting some time aside during next week’s Freshly Picked Vana’diel to talk about them.

I apologize to keep you all waiting until then, but I appreciate your patience.
    We'll hear some more shortly.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    From the same thread:

We'll hear some more shortly.
    Yeah, I saw that. It just seems like "next week" is taking forever and the "XI is dying" doomsayers are having a field day with the news. Not to mention the gaming media outlets that will probably start or have started reporting on it. SE needs to get on the ball and do some serious damage control to calm the masses.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So your asking for a response to something they said they wont respond to until after the next freshly picked... got it.

I would assume after november, all you will get is buffs/nerfs/balance patches to gear, abilities, and weapon skills. Major bugs will be fixed, exploits will be baned, and servers will likely be merged when populations get a bit lower.

If you want any more news then that, you are just going to have to wait.
    (0)

Picking at this for a min,
    Quote Originally Posted by Evogolist View Post
    doomsayers are having a field day with the news.
    I don't know why people are so bothered by these.
    Most of them are players that quit playing the game, yet can't let it go. They need to keep screaming it to stop that little nagging voice in their mind telling them they want to play again.
    Of course there are some that just want to rile the masses, but those are as easy to ignore as street evangelists.

As for your other worries; If the media wanted to have a jab at it they would've done this last Friday.
    (3)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    My take on this was that we won't be getting new story, zones or battle systems after November, but I wouldn't rule out login campaigns, new trusts, job adjustments, or even rehashing old content (like a salvage 3). It will probably depend on how many people remain after March 2016.

Pretty safe to say between November and March we won't see much, and I hope the dev team gets some quality time off then
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    My take on this was that we won't be getting new story, zones or battle systems after November, but I wouldn't rule out login campaigns, new trusts, job adjustments, or even rehashing old content (like a salvage 3). It will probably depend on how many people remain after March 2016.

Pretty safe to say between November and March we won't see much, and I hope the dev team gets some quality time off then
    New abilities, trusts, log in campaigns maybe, but i doubt wed see anything like salvage 3. That stuff requires a ton of work.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Picking at this for a min,

I don't know why people are so bothered by these.
    Most of them are players that quit playing the game, yet can't let it go. They need to keep screaming it to stop that little nagging voice in their mind telling them they want to play again.
    Of course there are some that just want to rile the masses, but those are as easy to ignore as street evangelists.

As for your other worries; If the media wanted to have a jab at it they would've done this last Friday.
    It's not just people not playing the game who are acting this way. I agree there are a lot of former XI players who are dancing with glee that 'the game is finally ending' but there are also current players who are concerned about the news from the press conference. Since that announcement the average number of players online during NA main playtime on Asura has dropped by 100. I see fewer shouts from a server that was crazy active and popular items are selling more slowly. I have no plans to quit but I do pick up on a vibe of impending doom.
    (2)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    New abilities, trusts, log in campaigns maybe, but i doubt wed see anything like salvage 3. That stuff requires a ton of work.

If they just keep the mechanism how they actualy are and just level up the level of mobs + add new items drop, this could be not ton of work at all
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Except salvage 1 and 2 are completly different. It is more than just + level on the mobs. That and i see no real point for salvage 3, alex is pretty fine as is.

Now if they want to add a legitimate way to get bayld...id be game.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast