Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Evogolist View Post
    Ever since the press conference and the big announcement, I've been going over the post about the Vana'diel Project almost everyday. Like many I'm under the impression that while the Windows version may have at least another 2-3 years before total shutdown, long story short the game is dying. Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will be the final major content that we will see as far as this game goes.

But then reading through the letter/post I saw that SE stated that they would continue regular version updates to balance adjustments and quality of life things. There was also this To me right now it sounds as if SE will continue to keep the game going for awhile and that game's future is uncertain. In other words, once ps2/xbox360 support drops we may possibly get more game content and then we may not. Also, I wanted to mention that while I'm not sure on the status of online support for the ps2, there is the rumor that Microsoft would be dropping online support for the 360 consoles and I wonder if that has anything to do with the decision to cut console support on SE's part.

To sum it up, the big news is that Final Fantasy XI is finally kicking the bucket and SE is slowly cutting it's ties with the game by adding the three add-on content "The Big Goodbye Content" and cutting service to last gen(two gens if you include ps2)consoles. Devs...Camate...Bayhone...somebody, can we get some sort of clarification on what's exactly happening to the game?
    Do you like FFXI? Keep playing it if so.
    Do you not like FFXI? Stop playing it if so.
    Do you not like FFXI and not have a life outside FFXI? Become a FFXI Doomsayer and lurk forums all day.

I don't understand when you say " To sum it up, the big news is that Final Fantasy XI is finally kicking the bucket and SE is slowly cutting it's ties with the game " sounds like you are already a doomsayer since none of this was said, you need to get facts straight before you say something that isn't true. FFXI is shutting down PS2 and XBOX360, but will continue on with PC, as long as people are playing the game it's going to be there.

If you want to really know when FFXI is going to die, it'll be 5 years after the day they shutdown Everquest 1 servers.
    (1)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Does anyone know the logic behind Doomsayers and why they keep bothering people on FFXI forums? I'm interested in the psychology behind that lol.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Agreed. I find the behavior of some of the moderators on auction house to be very disheartening. They seem to have a visceral hate for this game that I can't understand.
    (3)

Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    Does anyone know the logic behind Doomsayers and why they keep bothering people on FFXI forums? I'm interested in the psychology behind that lol.
    Do you not like FFXI and not have a life outside FFXI? Become a FFXI Doomsayer and lurk forums all day.
    Just sad people with deeper issues and nothing better to do maybe some of them with psychological disorders involving attachment.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    [QUOTE=Roja323;545689]Except salvage 1 and 2 are completly different. [quote]

Salvage II uses the same maps as Salvage I with different mobs.

That and i see no real point for salvage 3
    ilev 119 salvage gear.
    (2)

Character
    Jongalt
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    119 WOTG BC fights and Fenrir, Diabalos and Cait Sith 119 fights would be another set of content the developers can stockpile.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Atomic_Skull;545733][QUOTE=Roja323;545689]Except salvage 1 and 2 are completly different.

Salvage II uses the same maps as Salvage I with different mobs.

ilev 119 salvage gear.
    Salvage gear is still my favorite set of models. 119 salvage gear would make me so happy. :3
    (1)

IF, and that's a big IF Salvage gear gets 119'd I most certainly hope Salvage is not the place to do it in.
    (0)

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't see this as the end for ffxi, simply a change that was bound to happen one day!

I don't care who thinks otherwise, I enjoy hopping back into ffxi when I can regardless.
    Until the actual end arrives, enjoy what you have and make the best of it.

(3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    Kind of the same reason people complain about most things. It's the old saying "misery loves company". No company, go and try to create some. It's like Barenaked Ladies said in their song "Angry People":

Angry People think a good solution is getting others involved.
    So they surround themselves with happy people and watch the smiles dissolve.
    We just drag them down.....
    We just drag them down....
    Watch us drag them down....
    Until they're just like us!
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast