Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I came to realize this easily when I saw how many Nirvana users were in game with me.
    Nirvana is different, because everyone actually wants that one.

No. Gate of Tarutaru provides an 8/MP per tick refresh. At 3000 TP, that's 60 seconds. That's 20 ticks, or 160 MP gained. Even if you were using spirit taker on an extremely physical resistant mob, you could EASILY garner more than 160 MP, instantly, rather than after 1 minute. I Spirit Taker mobs for around 2k with that much TP sometimes (2k MP). Even if you didn't want to use Spirit Taker, you could use Myrkr too, which also would be far better.
    Spirit taker returns more MP yes, but is a lot weaker. I'd rather use GoT unless i'm running really low (largely because I might way "overheal" on MP). Just my preference, I'd rather not run out of MP at all than run out for even a second or two. OCD, maybe, but thats just how it is for me. If I can do more damage and not run out of MP, that's better than doing less damage and not running out of MP.

I am more worried about it landing and functioning than however much piddly amount of damage it will provide.
    There was a reason I picked up one of hte highest DMG: staves in the game, and hint: it wasn't for additional effects since the weapon doesn't matter for that purpose (except the hidden effect on all relics). And at least from a solo perspective, that damage is hardly "piddly" against my avatar.

I think you're arguing just to argue with me (and probably because you think that's my only purpose on this forum), because there's no way that buffing that WS, which very few people have, would unbalance anything. Even if they doubled the damage it wouldn't be shattering any records, but I'm not asking for that. I simply think it should be above shattersoul, which is easily the best 1000 TP WS right now. Not worlds above, just above. I don't think this is an unreasonable request.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-04-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Player
    Nirvana is different, because everyone actually wants that one.
    How does that make it any different? The point is that the website does not accurately estimate the quantity of an item within a specific server, nor does it attempt to, and thus, is not an accurate benchmark for approximating it. I was simply using that to bolster that point.

Spirit taker returns more MP yes, but is a lot weaker. I'd rather use GoT unless i'm running really low.
    Correct, it has a situational use. Gate of Tarutaru does more damage, however, does restore less MP, in addition to the other properties of the weaponskill. However, your statement made it sound like you use it solely for the aftermath, or, aim to use it as an answer to low MP issues, or, try to maintain the aftermath. If I was wrong in assuming that, then woops, but its niche still fits.

There was a reason I picked up one of hte highest DMG: staves in the game, and hint: it wasn't for additional effects (except the hidden effect on all relics). And at least from a solo perspective, that damage is hardly "piddly" against my avatar.
    But there are numerous easily obtainable alternatives with more damage than Claustrum. If you're only out for damage, something as simple as a Homestead Scepter would beat it, and that is just a small hunk of bayld. If you wanted a pure DPS melee staff, than Gridarvor wins in both damage and delay, offering higher DPS, avatar melee DPS through the avatar stats, AND is very economical on your MP thanks to the perpetuation cost reduction. You could say "well I could get that to minimum through gear" but even that is false, because then you'd easily be giving up some refresh to accomplish that. If we're talking about black mage, Kaladanda is in the same boat. These are just 3 staves that will serve better as a melee staff, and there are more, without costing an approximate 100 million gil.

The damage of your avatar will greatly vary with gear, of course. However, even before Nirvana, my avatar was greatly out damaging my weaponskills. This is compounded by the fact that the blood pact's damage is increased from skillchaining with your staff weaponskill, not even counting the skillchain damage. Any amount of damage you gain from using a weaponskill for damage is moot if you have to decide not to skillchain with your avatar with your TP; not worth it, at all. You lose too much damage from not skillchaining the blood pact.

Either way, I certainly deem the damage as completely negligible. The damage is poor, and I could've used the TP to do so many different things than just push out self weaponskill damage. Even doing something like Shell Crusher will help both my avatar and I out more in the long run, but skillchaining is of course the go-to choice, especially considering it usually takes about that long (30 seconds) to get that 1000 TP, without Nirvana aftermath of course. This syncs it up with the blood pact perfectly to skillchain every time.

And yes, this is all from a solo perspective.

I think you're arguing just to argue with me (and probably because you think that's my only purpose on this forum), because there's no way that buffing that WS, which very few people have, would unbalance anything. Even if they doubled the damage it wouldn't be shattering any records, but I'm not asking for that. I simply think it should be above shattersoul, which is easily the best 1000 TP WS right now. Not worlds above, just above. I don't think this is an unreasonable request.
    Ew, no. I don't argue to argue, of course not. I am also not against buffing things, or making changes for the bettering of the game. However, I do certainly believe that in this case, a buff just isn't needed.

Is Claustrum weak? Yeah, it kinda is, at least in my opinion, it's certainly not very powerful. However, the purpose it serves is there, whether or not its a popular use or one that is demanded in recent content. Between additional effect Dispel, lowering the attack of enemies, and offering staff users a level 3 skillchain property, it has a multitude of niche uses.

It does not need to do the most damage as well with its weaponskill. Could it? Yeah, they could change it, it wouldn't be the end of the world or anything, but I don't think it needs it. They've already stated that they don't want staff skills to do tons of damage, and with the state that both the weapon and weaponskill are in right now (read above), I believe its balanced properly. Even if you just wanted it to do the most damage, you could make that happen by just abusing the skillchain property that it has. They have no reason to just buff its damage for the sake of buffing it when it's already balanced accordingly.

If you wanted to buff the weapon and/or the weaponskill, you should look into buffing the unique effects it has rather than just trying to make it a truck. That would be much more interesting and actually expand its usage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crevox; 04-04-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    There are no plans to increase the damage mage jobs can do via weapon skills.

In regards to black mage, we'd like to make some adjustments since they are not able to use the TP gained when successfully landing a magic burst. However, it’s not practical for black mages to be in melee range when taking on high-level content,,
    What you talking about? I vidohunired Perfidian and Putraxia just yesterday
    (0)

4. 04-06-2015 01:37 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2