Abyssea Proccing as a a BRD sub

How well does it work? Are Threnodies like Dia in the respect that cannot be resisted?
    (0)
    90 MNK. 90 BLM. 90 COR. 90 WAR.

All POST-Abyssea LEECHED and proud of it.

Cept MNK (Got up to 41 in 2009). All that time wasted camping Retaliators....

Character
    Nikoleta
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 90
    It can work, however, there are often resists that I've seen. I know that when we bring /brd, we usually do blm/brd so that we potentially have elemental seal if need be. The magic tonic also has helped in landing.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    threnodies can be resisted even when BRD is main, mostly when a monster is immune or highly resistent to an element.
    durinn vs. dark, big worms vs. earth, etc.

so a /BRD must stack lots of m.acc. to be safe.
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Player
    Considering it is a C level skill, and then SUBBED.... yes, it resists Quite often. the drink helps, but I'd agree with the blm/brd combo. You got the blm spells, and you got the threnodies- which once the element is decided you can Elemental Seal before casting the threnody. Never had one resist that way. :x

I love this combo with seal-farming. Other people will love it too
    (0)

Gamayun can resist even ES threnody if it's not ice-based. I popped revitaliser to use ES again to be sure, and it definately wouldn't land. It wasn't even wind-based either >.>
    (0)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i think you need to at least cap your singing skills. i tried blu/brd with a TON of magic accuracy (2atmas for it plus full gear), int, int song, and ascetics tonic. couldnt land anything on a seal nm. my singing is only like 120 and a person in my party said they had landed threnodies before. so idk, but its definitely not easy. maybe i could try a element+ acc atma.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Defiledsickness View Post
    i think you need to at least cap your singing skills. i tried blu/brd with a TON of magic accuracy (2atmas for it plus full gear), int, int song, and ascetics tonic. couldnt land anything on a seal nm. my singing is only like 120 and a person in my party said they had landed threnodies before. so idk, but its definitely not easy. maybe i could try a element+ acc atma.
    BRD songs are CHR, not INT. And yes, get your singing at least to the 45 cap. It is possible to land threnody as blm/brd without ES with plenty of M.Acc gear. You will most likely need the correct HQ ele stave for the spell too to help.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i was able to land threnody as bst/brd w/o any macc gear/atmas. chance to land the spells was at ~5% so it can take a while but isn't impossible.

Edit: NM was kharon (skeleton in attohwa)
    (0)