Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    ... having spend an addition 100+ of anything when you already have something that could do it is frustrating. An additional cost for things that could be otherwise spent else where is not something that should sit well with ANYONE.
    Well, it's not like the only thing a PC can do is play FFXI. Honestly anyone who wants to say, get a job, should own a PC at this point. I can't imagine trying to get a job without a PC or at the very least a smartphone - but lots of websites don't play nice with smartphones and you can't write resumes on them.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Well, it's not like the only thing a PC can do is play FFXI. Honestly anyone who wants to say, get a job, should own a PC at this point. I can't imagine trying to get a job without a PC or at the very least a smartphone - but lots of websites don't play nice with smartphones and you can't write resumes on them.
    Absolutely, I agree that people should have a PC of some sort in today's global connected society, but I don't believe that they are the end all be all for gaming. A vast majority of people believe that games have to have 1080p+ with 100% realistic graphics, but after a certain point the human eyes can't perceive that difference. I've played games since the Atari and my Mom swears I came out of the womb with a controller in hand. But I play games for the enjoyment of it. It doesn't always have to look the super best. A friend of mine refuses to play or even try games like Terraria or Minecaft, simply because of the looks. If the game is good, like this one, people should be happy that people would try/do everything they can to play it. It's the biggest compliment a Developer could receive.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    what is it about PC gamers that like to hate on consoles?
    What is it about people that like to turn things around on others? He wasn't hating on consoles. At the same time, I'm confused at platform preference between those who claim they play both. It's the same game on either platform, so what makes you prefer one over the other? I know some people who say they prefer the console version because they can play it on the TV and sit on the couch, but that's a dubious statement because you can do that with any PC as well. Any modern TV has pretty much every kind of hookup used today. If your PC doesnt have HDMI out, many modern TVs also include RGB in. The ONE sticky issue with the PC is controller support, since FFXI on PC can't recognize analog triggers as digital buttons. But you CAN use your controller with it. In games that don't require detailed communication with other users, I lean towards consoles, but for this type of game that typically benefits from a lot of buttons and text chat, the PC works better. It's largely a matter of the type of game for me.

I've played games since the Atari and my Mom swears I came out of the womb with a controller in hand. But I play games for the enjoyment of it. It doesn't always have to look the super best.
    I don't think anyone here has argued that playing on PC is about having the best graphics, the most frames, bla bla bla. That's icing. It's nice to have, of course, but it's not a requirement. For me the best benefit of playing on the PC has little to do with hardware or the games themselves: multitasking.

As far as consoles, as I've mentioned before, I've always been a bit of a nintendo fanboy, so I have a Wii U to play many of the titles that will never see the light of day on any other platform (it's a love hate relationship as I love their franchises but hate exclusivity)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-24-2015 at 03:28 AM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Irrelevant argument is irrelevant. When microsoft stops supporting xbox/360 for online, you wont have a choice anyways. When they wont allow you to go online, you wont be playing any online games, regardless of if SE supports them or not.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    what is it about PC gamers that like to hate on consoles? i play XI on both xbox and pc, but i prefer xbox. somebody in this thread said all you need is enuff cpu and memory. well, xbox has that. plus there is xbox live, where i can talk to my friends on xbox, and i can look stuff up on pc at the same time or watch a movie, ect. a lot of people out there pay their monthly dues so they can play on xbox. not sure about ps2, never played it on a PS. i love my xbox, and i sincerely hope that SE reconsiders dropping xbox. another thing, if im taking a vacation and i know that i will have internet access, i can always take my xbox with me and play there. hard to do that with a pc unless u have a laptop. my xbox can prolly do almost anything a laptop can do for sure. so what is with the "haha you cant play on xbox anymore" attitude that i have seen from so many ppl? you like your PC. fair enuff. to each their own, but dont belittle players who choose to remail loyal to their console instead of taking the path of the pc. consoles are made for the sole purpose of gaming, with a few extras thrown in. not so for pc, unless you happen to be one of those "wealthy" ppl that can afford to make their own setup.
    I don't hate on consoles at all. If I'm hating on anything, it's this weird attitude that console players have that Square Enix has put up some insurmountable obstacle to them playing the game. When really the only obstacle is your own stubbornness. There's also this arrogant assumption by some that they make up such a huge swath of the playerbase that they're the only thing keeping the game alive. You sound like someone who refuses to buy a DVD player, then complains that you can't get home movies any more because people stopped making VHS tapes over a decade ago.
    (1)

Character
    Themailman
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Getting a PC to continue to play this is an obvious solution, I own a laptop already but I enjoy my xbox features like xbox live chat. I can talk to my friends who play other games on Xbox. It can do everything a PC can, I just prefer console. This wasn't even the point of the thread. Maybe it would be a big undertaking but there are enough players out there than would net SE a good profit for the work they would do to make it offline. PC players I'm glad u enjoy playing on that platform and it's great that they are keeping ffxi going for you!
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The ONE sticky issue with the PC is controller support, since FFXI on PC can't recognize analog triggers as digital buttons. But you CAN use your controller with it.
    Controller support isn't so bad. I've had mixed luck with wireless controllers, but right now I'm using a regular Playstation controller. I bought an adapter for a couple bucks and it's been working fine. Plugs right into the USB port.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I don't hate on consoles at all. If I'm hating on anything, it's this weird attitude that console players have that Square Enix has put up some insurmountable obstacle to them playing the game. When really the only obstacle is your own stubbornness. There's also this arrogant assumption by some that they make up such a huge swath of the playerbase that they're the only thing keeping the game alive. You sound like someone who refuses to buy a DVD player, then complains that you can't get home movies any more because people stopped making VHS tapes over a decade ago.

take a look at my post again. i already "bought the DVD player". choose your words with a bit more wisdom next time. and as for that assumption, as soon as that announcement hit the public, numbers started dropping significantly from the playerbase. server populations back that up. hopefully the numbers will pick back up with the new content, once the kneejerk reaction is passed. im not blaming SE, although undoubtedly there are ppl doing just that. i think its sad. even you, captain assumption, would agree that consoles do represent a significant portion of the playerbase. i dont think that console users would be out of line to suggest offline play. while it is true that PCs are the solution to continued online play, not everybody wants to get a pc just for that purpose. im so used to my xbox that when i play on pc i have to remember what key does what. that is simply the way things are with a lot of ppl.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I've sold used shoelaces on ebay for money, just sell your console for a pc!
    (0)
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayomi View Post
    I've sold used shoelaces on ebay for money, just sell your console for a pc!

lol i play a lot of other games besides ffxi on my xbox. why would i sell it?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast