Character
    Akson
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

SquareEnix beyond FFXI

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hail, adventurers! Matsui here with an update for you.
    We are pleased you all enjoyed the press conference in which we showcased our aspirations to bring forth a joint collaboration between SquareEnix and Capcom called Final Fantasy Monster Hunter Online. The combat will be of Capcom's design and Monster Hunter glory while the storyline, mythology, and universe of Final Fantasy will fill in the void that is missing from past iterations of the Monster Hunter franchise. We hope you all enjoy our new MMO collaboration titled Final Fantasy Monster Hunter Online which is due out sometime in 2016 on PS4 and PC.
    We would also like to announce our prolonged commitment to FFXI by expanding the Vana'diel universe with FFXI 2.0 due out sometime in 2016 as well and both games shall both be PS4 and PC exclusives. Enjoy!
    Ftfy. No offense. If translated into Japanese and posted on the Japanese threads they would all go bananas over such News. This is the conference news everyone wanted to watch ._. /bow

Edit: Collaboration or just do as you did with Final Fantasy Tactics. Before SquareEnix there was just Square and Enix had crafted a niche called Tactics Ogre. The Final Fantasy universe is 2nd to none. Including Monster Hunter itself. Just like Tactics make a Hunter. There's a very good reason why Monster Hunter broke all sales records in Japan including Final Fantasy's own so why does Monster Hunter remain uncontested?
    (0)
    Last edited by Akson; 03-22-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    ДΚςφη

2. 03-22-2015 09:06 PM

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Man you made me excited for all of like 20 seconds... bummer.
    (5)

Character
    Akson
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Wishful thinking I know. Just that whole "event" if you can even call it that was a huge letdown for myself and everyone else included. So instead of the Doomsday Event I figured I'd toss SE a more possitive alternate reality that I woulda have enjoyed over The End Game Over. I guess I must also be the only person here whom thinks such a collaboration along the lines of Kingdom Hearts' Square plus Disney unity would be a grand idea. Heh
    (0)
    Last edited by Akson; 03-23-2015 at 04:17 AM.
    ДΚςφη

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah I'd have loved a "Renewed Commitment to Vana'diel" with Final Fantasy XI-2 announcement for modern systems (Keep the Areas, jobs NPCs etc. with New Storylines) even if I had to start over from scratch.
    (2)

Character
    Akson
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Should just convert FFXIV engine into FFXI 2.0 and maybe even a SquareEnix version FFMH as well. FFXIV just ain't for me and I'm definitely not alone on that stance. FFXIV is a great game in it's own right. I just want more command over actual combat in a MMO.
    (0)
    Last edited by Akson; 03-23-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    ДΚςφη