Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Rayfishass
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 44

Beastmaster overpowered?

Why is beast so strong? With my jug pet I was hitting mobs in the dune for 700-1200 per "ready" special attack with the pet. Beast is lvl 28 with crab familiar. My lvl 65 rune was hitting for 300-400 same mob. This game scaling is all jacked.
    (0)

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    There are a couple reasons for the results you're seeing:

1. You're using a Critical Ready Move (Big Scissors) on a low level monster (and pet Attack caps ~2x higher than player Attack), so you're going to see large numbers versus weak enemies typically.
    2. Familiar Ready moves were recently buffed because of additional costs associated with the job (maintaining pets with pet food, having to buy jugs, Pet Command JA usage lowering the Master's DPS, etc.)

In any end-game scenario where you're stacking player buffs and fighting monsters with extremely high Evasion/Defense/level correction, these kinds of advantages start to vanish. Don't worry about how much pain Carrie drops on some Dune Goblins.
    (0)

Character
    Rayfishass
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 44
    Thank you for responding! I have started to play again with my bros, 3rd time and I was telling them that I might drop beastmaster. I hate to see them doing 40dmg hits, while im hitting for 300-800 on the same enemy with the beast pet.

when its too easy I get turned off, I like somewhat a challenge/viable/ and unique style of play. That's why I love this game, I make bad job/subjob combos when playing with them lol.
    (1)

Character
    Falkirk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hope ya have fun then! And welcome back.

There are a lot of interesting facets to BST, explore'em all!
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Get more to come back. Maybe SE might change their minds about killing our game.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Get more to come back. Maybe SE might change their minds about killing our game.
    Personally, I never left per se, did not delete anything like I implied (Rant), nonetheless, decided to give the new stuff a go.

As it pertains to the OP, Bst was always powerful against EP-ish mobs, nothing has really changed aside from the Ready move boost.

But yea, bst is stronger than ever against fodder mobs; can basically clear a besieged by myself within mins on Xerin. Fun times.

Not sure this is enough to bring more ppl back though; notwithstanding the announcement to end major updates (Which does not help the cause; basically, you can pay, but we ain't updating).
    (1)

Character
    Rayfishass
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 44
    Just want to say I tested on batallia downs. I was naked, with crab, only pet attacking spamming the ready move "scissors" to the Tigers who rated tough and very tough. I was killing them in 2-3 hits. Little crab mowing down tigers In seconds. Right before this I was lvl 28 blu/run partied with my 2 bros, whm/rdm and war, and it would take us about 1-2 minutes lol. So I guess beast will be insanely overpowered til late lvls.

I feel I make my bros characters irrelevant in our little 3 man so I won't use him. I really wanted a lover beside me
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalgachuey View Post
    Just want to say I tested on batallia downs. I was naked, with crab, only pet attacking spamming the ready move "scissors" to the Tigers who rated tough and very tough. I was killing them in 2-3 hits. Little crab mowing down tigers In seconds. Right before this I was lvl 28 blu/run partied with my 2 bros, whm/rdm and war, and it would take us about 1-2 minutes lol. So I guess beast will be insanely overpowered til late lvls.

I feel I make my bros characters irrelevant in our little 3 man so I won't use him. I really wanted a lover beside me
    Now I want to create another bst char^^

Sounds like fun, at lower lvls that is. I hit 75 waaaaaaaaay back, don't lvl sync much.
    (1)
    Last edited by WoW; 03-24-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Player
    I can attest that in content up to at least Delve1 bosses, bst's pet can be a competitive DD with the traditional DDs, even buffed, the bst himself not even engaged, pet only, though I can't speak for higher level content than that, haven't seen any in action in Delve2 or VD BCNMS or higher tier incursion or read much about it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    I can attest that in content up to at least Delve1 bosses, bst's pet can be a competitive DD with the traditional DDs, even buffed, the bst himself not even engaged, pet only, though I can't speak for higher level content than that, haven't seen any in action in Delve2 or VD BCNMS or higher tier incursion or read much about it.
    yeah, hard to see what bst can do in party/alliance content since we still get no party love. best place to test is likely a Surge WoE where you can try to solo. I haven't done so since the Ready update, but I can say that prior to that it wasn't happening.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast