Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    So, to answer your question and be honest, the current listing for 8k for 12 Onions is kind of dumb, but even the prices from the NPCs that sell them once they're bought is stupid. ~1700ish at it's lowest.
    The biggest barrier to seeing stuff like this on the AH commonly these days is the stupid low seven item cap combined with the short listing time.

What I'd propose for SE if they wanted to alleviate these issues without adding the items to be sold by NPCs would be to have the seven item cap only apply to items selling for more than 100k, and a larger number of items can be sold cheaper, with longer sale times available. Basically, you can sell up to seven items for over 100k, then say something like 23 more items for less than 100k, which will stay on sale for up to two weeks.

SE's standard reply to this is that having more than seven items for sale would make the game explode however.

On actually adding items like this to an NPC, why not just add all the food you make to an NPC instead? Universal Ninja Tools come to mind as one example that has decimated markets. Another example of NPCs basically setting the price of items are Echo Drops. You can't sell Echo Drops for more than about 9k a stack because NPCs sell it for thereabouts.

In any case, onions would be a helpful item to have available from an NPC, but I'd expect the price to be closer to that 20k a stack price you mentioned from reselling NPCs, although some friends of mine would love to see it at a low price that is just abit above the NPC price, which would be a lot closer to 1200 gil a stack. It's hard to say what SE would price these things at as they could easily up the drop rate (and ruin gardening even more), and lower the NPC price, or any other number of measures.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Wild Onion are pretty easily grown using vegetable seeds in the old gardening. I haven't tried them in the Mog Garden but fairly certain that they can be grown from there as well.
    (0)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    8k a stack for onions sounds reasonable. Don't know why you wouldn't think that. It takes time for someone to go farm them. And let's face it, 8k is practically nothing in today's economy.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Wild Onion are pretty easily grown using vegetable seeds in the old gardening. I haven't tried them in the Mog Garden but fairly certain that they can be grown from there as well.
    You are correct, they can be farmed in the Mog Garden with Veggie Seeds and a few other random seeds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    8k a stack for onions sounds reasonable. Don't know why you wouldn't think that. It takes time for someone to go farm them. And let's face it, 8k is practically nothing in today's economy.
    Because I don't think it should be that much, and feel that they should be carried by NPCs at a much lower price. I have no problems farming them myself, but any crafter will tell you that being next to a source will speed of productivity in something that's already balls slow. Thundermelons: Kuzotz Region, Standard Merchant, and a Guild Seller; You use it in 3 recipes and it ranges from 243-1261 gil, Kazham Peppers: Also has a region, standard, and Guild Seller; you use it 26 recipes with it ranging from 45-144. Both of these combined still don't outnumber the recipes that Wild Onions do and they're 1/2 or lower of the price. And there are other crafts that this applies to as well, but Cooking is my main, so that's where I'm gonna pull my source from. The game wants people to craft and want people to use items, but over all the prices are not worth the value of the return of things. I sure everyone can remember that stupid voucher you got when you first joined the game which gave an amazing 50 gil.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Although we don’t have any specific time frame in place, we’re currently looking into a system where players can max out all of their gathering and crafting skills.
    (17)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Although we don’t have any specific time frame in place, we’re currently looking into a system where players can max out all of their gathering and crafting skills.
    While you're at it make it so we can build guild points at all guilds at the same time. Switching guilds and waiting for Jpn Midnight is such a pain.
    (5)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    While you're at it make it so we can build guild points at all guilds at the same time. Switching guilds and waiting for Jpn Midnight is such a pain.
    It's A Pain, I totally agree about the locks to one guild at a time with them not being unlocked to being accessible and acceptable by all guilds at the same time which has down graded my willingness to craft from time to time with long spurts of it happening til I feel like jumping back into trying again. I also agree that points are very low slow raising in gaining crafting guild points received upon trades but also been thinking on wanting other possible ways to gain this quicker in completion times as well but not only that but also opens up the avenue to being able use guild points on HQ crafting crystals if we so wished to do so instead of paying insane amount of Gil price rates to gain a stack for them instead.

I also agree that all crafts should be able to reach there max limit without lock restrictions to each and everyone as this seems to be a way to of been punishing the player for there trying to be leveling up other crafts.
    On a Side note that I Probably should add: I have posted quite a few times about this sort of thing amongst my subscribed locked to crafting threads created by other ffxi players which you my find them to read if you wish to do so by looking up those particular past posts of mine but of course i'm just saying!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 07-16-2015 at 09:39 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

And while we're looking into requests... How about removing the pesky Guild Holidays... >_>; The need to take a day off is overrated....
    (3)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    And while we're looking into requests... How about removing the pesky Guild Holidays... >_>; The need to take a day off is overrated....
    Well in weird way, what they could do instead is give the guilds switch-a-roo npc's/npc's that swap on those days for taking breaks to fill in those who are on the taking a holiday days much like real life as in order to take a break or a holiday you have to know someone or have someone to fill in your place while your away to take that holiday/an holiday trip! This would mean there always open no matter the time of day or even the day of the week, etc.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Poooty
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Were they not all removed in the June 2014 patch?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast