Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Can I please get some assistance with my controller

I posted in Tech. Support, but can't get an answer, so I'll post it here.

I can't get my controllers to work with my PC. I've searched the web, but nothing works. Can I please get an easy setup for how to make my controller work with FFXI so I can use the triggers as well. I have a PS3/4 controller and a Xbox 360 controller. This shouldn't be this hard...
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Pretty sure ps3/4 controlers wont work for pc. Xbox 360 should.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...-windows-setup
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Pretty sure ps3/4 controlers wont work for pc. Xbox 360 should.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...-windows-setup
    Any of them should work. But I'm trying to get them to map and configure correctly. I can't get any of the XBDC driver or the SCP Drivers to work. I want to play this game with the exact same controller layout that I've played for the last 12 years.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

PS2 controllers are still easy to find, and can work with this adapter...

http://www.play-asia.com/super-joybo...en-70-qc4.html

That's what I use.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Any of them should work. But I'm trying to get them to map and configure correctly. I can't get any of the XBDC driver or the SCP Drivers to work. I want to play this game with the exact same controller layout that I've played for the last 12 years.
    No actually, any of them should not work. Microsoft was very clear that they would support xbox controlers for pc, but not playstation.

If its that big of a deal, get a 20 buck pc game pad (works just like a ps2-4 controler or xbox controller but was made for a pc.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I've been using these drivers for the last 5+ years. Sometimes they are difficult to get working though depending on your OS and you will have to fiddle with the settings to get them correct once they do work. If you google around, you can find some guides etc. to help with any issues.

http://lavendy.net/special/driver/x360wc/index.html

You can also google "XInput Plus", which is a program that maps the triggers as buttons on a per game basis so that you won't have issues playing games other than FFXI. That program has also worked pretty well for me over the years.

SE really should add support for these controllers though if they are going to force everyone onto PC.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    No actually, any of them should not work. Microsoft was very clear that they would support xbox controlers for pc, but not playstation.

If its that big of a deal, get a 20 buck pc game pad (works just like a ps2-4 controler or xbox controller but was made for a pc.
    it's not up to microsoft to decide if you can use a PS2/PS3 controller on your PC. It can easily be done with third party drivers. It's Sony who is to blame for not making an official driver. They don't want to do it because they want you to use their hardware.

But instead of fiddling with that, why not just go out and buy a logitech gamepad. They make several gamepads that are just like playstation controllers and they're plug and play.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    it's not up to microsoft to decide if you can use a PS2/PS3 controller on your PC. It can easily be done with third party drivers. It's Sony who is to blame for not making an official driver. They don't want to do it because they want you to use their hardware.

But instead of fiddling with that, why not just go out and buy a logitech gamepad. They make several gamepads that are just like playstation controllers and they're plug and play.
    My personal experience with Logitech controllers has been that they are unresponsive, the buttons wear out and start sticking and they are generally buggy. Especially if you use the wireless ones. I wore out and or broke several Logitech controls before I decided to put the effort into finding drivers for the 360 controllers and I've never looked back. The 360 and ps2/3/4 controllers are vastly superior hardware in my opinion.

Then again the logitech controllers are way easier to set up and a lot of people like them. So I guess it's a question of whether you want something that's hard to get working, or something that hard to work with. I think most people just don't want to spend another $20-$50 on something they already have.

I say this as a guy who hasn't used a PS or 360 for FFXI in years though. If they are going to cancel PS / 360 support, SE should at least thrown them a bone and support their controllers on PC.
    (0)

PS2 controllers are easily supported with inexpensive adapters. Xbox 360 controllers use a newer interface standard than FFXI was programmed for. DirectX 8 and 9 do not support XInput, which the Xbox controller driver uses, they use DirectInput. SE doesn't write hardware drivers, they can't enable the controller, just the standard, but they would have to update FFXI to use a newer DirectX standard to support XInput. That would be an overhaul of the whole game to do so. PS3 controllers are even newer, and have similar support problems. The community has solved these problems already with custom drivers, and XInput to DirectInput translators.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

I use this and works great wireless PS3 controller. BUT L2/R2 wont work

http://twigstechtips.blogspot.co.uk/...-ds3-dual.html
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast