Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I've been logging in to take care of my automaton since 2006, when I found him rusting on an old ship. Nine years later I still look forward to seeing him run around on his frantic stick-legs, getting severely dented by angry mobs, and doing his funny emotes when we win a battle.

If I can't log-in anymore, who will look after my automaton? Who will oil his little knee-hinges, who will hammer all the dents out of his little head?
    I can relate. Thanks, your cute comment cheered me up quite a bit. c:

Ignore the bitter and angry people trolling the forums.
    (1)

Character
    Faithful
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I've been logging in to take care of my automaton since 2006, when I found him rusting on an old ship. Nine years later I still look forward to seeing him run around on his frantic stick-legs, getting severely dented by angry mobs, and doing his funny emotes when we win a battle.

If I can't log-in anymore, who will look after my automaton? Who will oil his little knee-hinges, who will hammer all the dents out of his little head?
    Love this comment! I wish everyone had this attitude.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm at least playing until I finish Adoulin and Rhapsodies, and that will mean I'd have finished all major story arcs, after that, we'll see.
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I am saying this now i am not leaving next year no force can keep me from this world. other then an account ban or servers closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moppet View Post
    I can relate. Thanks, your cute comment cheered me up quite a bit. c:

Ignore the bitter and angry people trolling the forums.
    Not the same thing but i feel that way about my pld. I love this world and do not feel like i want to leave it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kawar; 03-22-2015 at 06:53 AM.

5. 03-22-2015 06:51 AM
    Reason
    Deleteing it was all moved to the other post

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanfrano View Post
    I won't be going anywhere even though most of my friends are not playing anymore.

I am deeply, fondly, in love with this game and with Vana'diel. They should understand that some people can't find a game like FFXI anywhere. I tried several MMOs, none of them made me quit this game.
    And I'm really hoping that they're not thinking that we will be moving to FFXIV, most of us tried it, most of us don't like it at all.

Even if they really stop updating FFXI after November, I will stay until they decide to close the servers.
    FF XIV has gotten better. But I agree - it still can't measure up to this game.

My guess is if their smart phone model is successful in Japan then they will start updating it again. If not - then the updates probably will stop.

I appreciate the commitment you have to stay as long as the servers are open. But I doubt many others would stay if development on the game was to permanently stop. I probably wouldn't.
    (0)

Character
    Spiriel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I always said I wouldn't quit this game until they shut down the servers as as far as I'm concerned I mean it.

I've been playing this since a couple months after the NA release and only dropped my sub for 3 months because I got hacked and it took that long to get my account back, but I've been subbed for the rest of that time. I love this game, I love the friends I've made in it, and quite frankly I've been pretty depressed about it since I read this announcement yesterday. There are still things I haven't done that I need to do and want to do, like actually bother completing the WotG missions, the SoA missions, completing a Mythic weapon, just a bunch of things.

I would prefer this game not die, simply put.
    (4)

Character
    Akson
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiriel View Post
    I always said I wouldn't quit this game until they shut down the servers as as far as I'm concerned I mean it.

I've been playing this since a couple months after the NA release and only dropped my sub for 3 months because I got hacked and it took that long to get my account back, but I've been subbed for the rest of that time. I love this game, I love the friends I've made in it, and quite frankly I've been pretty depressed about it since I read this announcement yesterday. There are still things I haven't done that I need to do and want to do, like actually bother completing the WotG missions, the SoA missions, completing a Mythic weapon, just a bunch of things.

I think just about everyone whom still plays FFXI as of atm feels the same way. This is not just a video game to me any longer. This is the one and only hobby I have now which negates every other means of entertainment for me including movies, TV, and other video games as well. FFXI or GTFO
    (1)
    ДΚςφη

Quote Originally Posted by Spiriel View Post

Heheh, I suppose you'll need to start logging in again more regularly champ. ;P
    That Terpsichore won't make itself y'know.

And as long as die-hards like us still stick around, there's still plenty of things to do and enjoyment to be had here in Vana'diel.
    Even if SE does think wrapping up production of content will drive people onto XIV or whatever their real motivation behind all this nonsense is.

We might need a need a server merge or two down the road, but that's beside the point.
    The game is unlike anything else that exists right now, there's simply no alternative.
    (1)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    SE never said FFXI will end after the 3 futures adds on, thoses adds on are going to be the end of the "main story line" of the game (it does not exept the side quest... etc I think), but then everything can happen, and i think till this game is a money maker for SE they will not shutdown it, and if a day this happend, we will all merge on a private server.
    (1)
    Last edited by Hercule; 03-22-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    FFXI is a wonderful game still. BUT, it is obvious (for a couple yrs now) why they have made their decisions though.

I have subscribed from the NA start without interruption and played heavy duty for many years, and far more casually for the last 3 or so.
    Thankfully I still have much to do and work on
    I have no intention of leaving the PC version as long as it exists.
    Nostalgia plays a big part of that I admit, and that's ok!

It's been a wonderful experience and will continue to be until that final day does come for this memorable game
    (3)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast