Player

switching from xbox to pc............

ok, for those of us on xbox who will be screwed over on this deal, is SE gonna give us a code or something to download POL and FFXI so we dont have to pay for it? i hope so, cuz i love this game and cutting us off, for whatever reason, is gonna suck. if you take away our primary platform, at least give us something back. just my opinion.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    ok, for those of us on xbox who will be screwed over on this deal, is SE gonna give us a code or something to download POL and FFXI so we dont have to pay for it? i hope so, cuz i love this game and cutting us off, for whatever reason, is gonna suck. if you take away our primary platform, at least give us something back. just my opinion.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html

Get it while it's hot. If I remember correctly, your game codes are attached to the Sqare Enix account, not the platform. Been a while since I switched from 360 to PC though. I could be wrong.
    (1)

Player
    ok, dumb question. there are four files to download = 5.2Gb. download all 4 and then run the setup?
    (0)

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah. It basically unzips the pol installer and the xi client + expasions and installs em in order. You just run PoL once its done and update it and your done.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by jbtexan View Post
    ok, dumb question. there are four files to download = 5.2Gb. download all 4 and then run the setup?

The EXE file is the installer, the other three files are the data archives that decompress into the FFXI installation files the installer uses. You need all 4.

As pointed out, since the last free weekend for inactive accounts, they have put the full Seekers Collection installation files on the web site. Registration codes are region-specific, not platform-specific, unlike FFXIV, which requires that you register it for each platform you want to play on. If you have one FFXI account, you can log into it on any system in the world that has it installed. You can even log into your account on a Japanese install and play the game in Japanese if you wanted. I have a Japanese account from PS2 launch, and I've used the Japanese PS2 and PC clients, as well as the NA PS2 and PC clients. My only restriction is that I have to buy expansion codes from Japan whenever new expansions come out.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/