Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Why is change so hard to accept? There is soo much to do in that game...I mean..it took me almost 4 years to complete all the story lines. I've enjoyed my time with FFXI. I play on Windows, so I'll still be playing...even to the end hopefully. There are still others out there that will still want to play, so I'll play with them. You can't expect them to keep tossing out new content over and over when they want to move on...whether its better or worse. Thank you SE for the wonderful memories! Thank you for creating a virtual world! Thank you for your time!
    I applaud you, Sir.

You really said what I have been thinking, entirely. Vanadiel has given me over a decade of fun, friendship, excitement and joy. Nothing else in my life has ever come close to that, not videogames or anything. Even though I pay subs for the game, I am still in SE's debt because they gave me a decade of unforgettable memories, something money can not buy, and certainly not the tiny subs they asked of me.

And so I will be battling monsters in Vanadiel, going fishing, petting my Mog Garden sheep, and so on, for as long as the game is available online, and it doesn't matter to me that there are no more expansions 2016+ because it is still Vanadiel and still the realm of wonder where all my fondest memories dwell.
    (7)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Anything new in the game after the last major story will probably be contigent on any gains that come from the mobile version. If they get more out of it than they expected, they might announce some new content.
    Trickling simple things into the game would still do wonders IMO. Add a few quests, some Unity NMs, etc. There's still dozens of zones in the game that we do little in. Add a ??? with a sparkle or a swirl, some NM they brain stormed together in 5 minutes with a reused model, and add some gear that they developed with a dart board with a reused model and it'd go much, much further than "no more content."

If the mobile version is the game directly, beyond catching people that haven't played the game yet that take part heavily in mobile games (younger generations fit that bill well) I can't see much reason for seasoned players to give it much thought since it'll be released at a point when the game is receiving no content. :/ Not saying that to you so much as I'm saying it to SE. Business wise, I can understand wanting to relaunch this massive amount of content at an audience that has likely never heard of it, much less played it, in an ecosystem where such an offering would dominate if handled correctly. But providing no further content seems to be crippling it out of the gate.
    (6)
    7/10/14

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    We'll probably get a definitive answer as to what kind of updates we can expect after November, I think it's safe to say there will not be any new storylines, battle systems, or jobs. I would expect to continue to see login campaigns, new trusts, job point categories, balance adjustments, quality of life improvements, etc, so long as there is demand for it.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I would like to see new high tier fights or other challenging activities once in a while. It's fun to grind old content but it's always exciting to figure out a new challenge.
    (1)

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I applaud you, Sir.

You really said what I have been thinking, entirely. Vanadiel has given me over a decade of fun, friendship, excitement and joy. Nothing else in my life has ever come close to that, not videogames or anything. Even though I pay subs for the game, I am still in SE's debt because they gave me a decade of unforgettable memories, something money can not buy, and certainly not the tiny subs they asked of me.

And so I will be battling monsters in Vanadiel, going fishing, petting my Mog Garden sheep, and so on, for as long as the game is available online, and it doesn't matter to me that there are no more expansions 2016+ because it is still Vanadiel and still the realm of wonder where all my fondest memories dwell.
    Have to agree here as well, regardless of new content or not I will stay as long as I can. Too many good memories and tbh too much for me to still do!

It is simply too close to my heart to abandon it, but ppl should not be surprised, I have noted many many times on alla how dead ffxi is ...this is simply the result of that reality.

Its a change...nothing more in my eyes. Look forward to playing this wonderful game for a good bit of time yet, but if and when the end does happen, I will accept it. Until then, I still have a long list of things to finish....and even start!
    (5)

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I wish we'd at least get slow updates... like get some kind of new content once every 6 months, or a year. Rehash something! Redo old content! Make Nyzul 3.0, just the same as the original but higher level with new gear! Add like 3 items every few months but say nothing about where to get them and see how long it takes the community to figure it out!

Maybe I'm a bit too guilty of falling for the carrot and stick model we've had all this time, but I really imagine that if they will hang on to as much of a skeleton team to release bugfixes and even balance the game better, I can't see why the same people couldn't add a little something new here or there, on the side. The way I see it, SE is attempting to shuffle us all on over to XIV or something new, because even with how old FFXI is, with some server merges we'd all still be fine.
    (4)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    We'd be fine but I am wondering if FFXI has stopped making as much money? I think their timing is poor though because I knew several people who were going to resubscribe for the reforged af3 and now I know several people who have quit because of the whole 'end is near' thing.
    (3)

Character
    Akson
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Why is change so hard to accept? There is soo much to do in that game...I mean..it took me almost 4 years to complete all the story lines. I've enjoyed my time with FFXI. I play on Windows, so I'll still be playing...even to the end hopefully. There are still others out there that will still want to play, so I'll play with them. You can't expect them to keep tossing out new content over and over when they want to move on...whether its better or worse. Thank you SE for the wonderful memories! Thank you for creating a virtual world! Thank you for your time!
    The problem is that once you've caught up to speed on accomplishments with nothing left to look forward to but the Next Update. That's when you quit. Which would happen sooner rather than later I would imagine for the vast majority whom still play. I play on 360 and if Nov is the last of the last then I won't even need them to boot me offline by March 2016 when they kill off support for my platform. I would be already long gone by then with little to do that meant anything beyond nastalgia.
    (0)
    ДΚςφη

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Strange things will happen after this announcement, we will come together as a tight knit community and we will beat the odds. Remember if this happens, I said it first! /copyright
    (0)
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd hope SE would continue with updates in the forseeable future with large updates like they did with Zilart and Aht Urghan. These little content upgrades we've gotten to add more missions, more dungeons, more gear with moot upgrades, have been disappointing imo. They've not given me the same buzz I used to get in the days when whole new worlds were added. It feels like SE is just squeezing in little bits here and there to satisfy the hardcore players who've already cleared everything else so they have a reason to log in besides login points. All servers suffer with low population, if the players who've completed everything haven't anything to look forward to they'd not log in or they'd move onto another MMO and likely not return to FFXI and that would cost SE money and probably put an end to FFXI. I am guessing SE is saying "no more updates" probably because they want to see if it'll be worth it first after they drop PS2/Xbox support.
    (0)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 03-24-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast