Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Please reconsider dropping content additions after the last BC is released in Nov.

I think it's extremely disappointing to hear you will completely stop additions to the game after the 3 part addon is complete. Not only do I think you are making a mistake in that regard, but you are making a mistake by announcing it so far in advance. You have essentially made the entire community feel like there is almost no point in playing the game anymore. We feel like we will be abandoned.

You don't have to go all out with updates after November, the kinds of changes/updates we've been getting are more than enough even if you toned down the frequency and volume.

So I ask that you reconsider, and at least allow for additional job adjustments (additions and changes) in the future if needed, and completion/tuning of battle content/systems that are not quite finished yet.
    (19)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Here's a snippet from Announcing the Vana'diel Project:

Additionally, service for the PlayStation® 2 and Xbox 360® versions will end on or around March 2016, and we will focus our efforts on the Windows® version. Feedback posted on the forums and obtained through other avenues will inform quality of life improvements and balance adjustments, so do not hesitate to tell us your thoughts and opinions.

So it would indeed seem like there will still be changes done, just not in major scale... not until they change their minds, that is. ^^;
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Stage 3: Bargaining
    (13)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

I'm sure if they manage to retain a large enough player base in spite of this announcement, and we are vocal about getting another expansion, they will look into development of one. If we refuse to let the game die, they have incentive to keep doing things with it.
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Why is change so hard to accept? There is soo much to do in that game...I mean..it took me almost 4 years to complete all the story lines. I've enjoyed my time with FFXI. I play on Windows, so I'll still be playing...even to the end hopefully. There are still others out there that will still want to play, so I'll play with them. You can't expect them to keep tossing out new content over and over when they want to move on...whether its better or worse. Thank you SE for the wonderful memories! Thank you for creating a virtual world! Thank you for your time!
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Anything new in the game after the last major story will probably be contigent on any gains that come from the mobile version. If they get more out of it than they expected, they might announce some new content.

In all fairness, FFXI has become a ridiculously huge game. I'd easily need another year or so after content updates ended to say I've played and beaten every individual thing in the game.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Why is change so hard to accept? There is soo much to do in that game...I mean..it took me almost 4 years to complete all the story lines. I've enjoyed my time with FFXI. I play on Windows, so I'll still be playing...even to the end hopefully. There are still others out there that will still want to play, so I'll play with them. You can't expect them to keep tossing out new content over and over when they want to move on...whether its better or worse. Thank you SE for the wonderful memories! Thank you for creating a virtual world! Thank you for your time!
    I'm not saying they have to constantly add new content. I'm saying don't shut the door on QoL updates and needed job improvements.

Did they even finish monstrosity? That is a whole other side to the game that would be viable if they did a tiny bit more with it.

Also I hope they finish up Job points. It seems like an interesting system but I think there needs to be another 100 point tier passive or two (At 400, or even 500 JP, add ACC and MACC job point categories if possible).

I know the game is huge but at the same time it's finite (and I've done a lot of it). But another part of what made me come back frequently was the monthly updates even if it was just job tweaks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mookies75; 03-20-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I would be really happy with new content 2-3 times a year (on the size of what we get currently in a monthly update). I wish SE would consider something like that instead of abandoning FFXI updates after November 2015 (which is what it sounds like now).
    (4)

Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    I would be really happy with new content 2-3 times a year (on the size of what we get currently in a monthly update). I wish SE would consider something like that instead of abandoning FFXI updates after November 2015 (which is what it sounds like now).
    I agree with this, seems like SE are pooling all of there resources into a mobile game that might not even take off and if it doesn't it then may be too late to save ffxi if they stop proper content updates completely.
    (4)
    Last edited by madmartin; 03-20-2015 at 10:00 AM.

If new expansions and add-ons stop, will old abandoned content at least be finished and released as was previously announced? Moblin Maze Mongers could use some high level content, as well as Pankration, Monstrosity, the Colliseum from ToAU, and a whole bunch of other events that were just left hanging after a while.
    (3)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast