Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Player DrSmiley72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2
    Character
    Sierade
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 55

    Trying to understand this news.

    So I get they are dropping ps2/xbox.

    But My question is, will the mobile be an extension of the game that they're going to be refocusing windows interface after console support drops, or will it be a separate entity that will be the one to replace the windows while the windows just lays down and dies
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player Kashira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6
    Character
    Kashira
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm not going to sit here and tell you I'm not upset regarding the announcement because I am. I am a Xbox 360 user and have been for nearly a decade. If you plan on killing off the 360 user then I ask you make it where if ppl change to a PS3 or PS4 can keep their character as Xbox 360 players know is that our characters are tied to our Xbox accounts. I would like a response because I would like to continue my FFXI experience.
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,479
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66

    €°(((><

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSmiley72 View Post
    So I get they are dropping ps2/xbox.

    But My question is, will the mobile be an extension of the game that they're going to be refocusing windows interface after console support drops, or will it be a separate entity that will be the one to replace the windows while the windows just lays down and dies
    They are completely separate as far as I understand.

    Windows version will live on for an indefinite period of time, receiving bug fixes and “quality of life” adjustments (perhaps more than that even?), but no major updates. Not until the next Adōulin that is (okay perhaps this time it will really be the end, but impossible is nothing!).
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-20-2015 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Add quote since a new challen... post appeared betwixt!
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  4. #4
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,479
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashira View Post
    I'm not going to sit here and tell you I'm not upset regarding the announcement because I am. I am a Xbox 360 user and have been for nearly a decade. If you plan on killing off the 360 user then I ask you make it where if ppl change to a PS3 or PS4 can keep their character as Xbox 360 players know is that our characters are tied to our Xbox accounts. I would like a response because I would like to continue my FFXI experience.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, FFXI characters have never been tied to a platform, but only your account, meaning you can continue playing using a PC. ^^
    (1)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  5. #5
    Player bazookatooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, FFXI characters have never been tied to a platform, but only your account, meaning you can continue playing using a PC. ^^
    That is correct. I moved from PS2 -> 360 -> PC on all my characters.
    (3)

  6. #6
    Player Kashira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6
    Character
    Kashira
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Maybe I misunderstood. However we are still being forced to switch to PC in a year which i feel isn't right, I asked a GM regarding this and he informed me that at first it would be available for a transfer but then retracted his words.. So I'm confused. If I'm wrong then great but at the same time this is bullshit and we are being pushed out.
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,479
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashira View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood. However we are still being forced to switch to PC in a year which i feel isn't right, I asked a GM regarding this and he informed me that at first it would be available for a transfer but then retracted his words.. So I'm confused. If I'm wrong then great but at the same time this is bullshit and we are being pushed out.
    I suspect it simply looked more profitable in numbers to do it this way. Perhaps the only alternative would have been to end it all at once, but they figured they could keep it going for some time if they only keep one platform around.

    I'm only guesstimating, of course.
    (1)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  8. #8
    Player lllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Asura - Bastok
    Posts
    213
    Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I answered you on the other post, but you can flip between systems, but I was just thinking "SAVE YOUR MACROS TO SE", I forgot and lost mine when I did new install...my bad
    (1)

  9. #9
    Player bungiefanNA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    917
    Character
    Bungiefan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashira View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood. However we are still being forced to switch to PC in a year which i feel isn't right, I asked a GM regarding this and he informed me that at first it would be available for a transfer but then retracted his words.. So I'm confused. If I'm wrong then great but at the same time this is bullshit and we are being pushed out.


    There's no need to transfer. Download the installer for your PC from the official site and log into your account just like you do on the Xbox. Your character will still be there. PC version is given away for free now, you mainly pay for the registration codes to make a new account, not to use the software for an existing account.

    There is no other platform but PC to play on after March 2016, so no need to transfer or purchase the software for another platform.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

  10. #10
    Player Creaper609's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Character
    Creaper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    360 player here. i am not happy with this news. I could have survived when rumors of the new Dissidia game being japanese arcade only surfaced, but now you want to kill my character? I could move to PC, but only if you guys pay for it. If you think you will recuperate your subscription losses by tricking the discontinued fanbase into buying the PC version, you are wrong. Not only will I not make the move, I will never buy a SE product for the rest of my life. I have done so will Ubisoft and EA and I am not afraid to do the same with SE. If you want to keep a 360 customer who was with you since the beta test, you will at least pay for my PC copy when I make the move. I bought a new model xbox 360 just to continue playing this game. It is literally the only thing I use it for.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast