Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I've tried a 3rd party controller, an actual 360 controller, a PS3 controller, and a PS4 controller. All of them suffer the same problems. I can't register the configuration of L2/R2 for macros. It acts as if those buttons don't exists. ;^; It's very frustrating.
    It's because those buttons are only supported with Xinput I think, and older games like FFXI can only work with DirectInput.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstrife View Post
    Seems everywhere I check is full of disappointment with the news of Square Enix ending FFXI on Xbox 360,and rightfully so,me like many others have been there since ffxi debut on Xbox 360,it's been a big part of so many people's lives and I think it's wrong that the Xbox users are being forced to stop playing like this.Square Enix need to listen to what we are all saying in forums not just on here but around other forum sites too,there's people angry,sad,disappointed and even one person used term heartbroken,and I can understand why because me like many others are not only losing 9+ years of hard work and dedication to ffxi but we're losing the friends we have made in that time too,it's not a pleasant feeling.We need more people to post their thoughts and hope over time SE will maybe reconsider and let everyone enjoy the future content together of ffxi.Square Enix please listen to us.
    http://www.play-asia.com/super-joybo...en-70-qc4.html

Use that and a PS2 controller, or use a Wired Xbox 360 controller on your PC. Use an HDMI cable to connect your PC to your HDTV. Download the PC installation fiiles from the link a few posts earlier. BAM, you have PC FFXI on your TV with a controller. I've been using that option for a couple of years, since I had to put my NA PS2 into storage. Any Windows laptop you can buy now will play FFXI just fine.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    Also another note that I seen by googling is it looks like Microsoft wont be supporting the Xbox360 support beyond 2016 and Sony is pulling PS3 support as well in 2016. This is probably the most potent factor in SE announcing the termination of XI on the 360 platform as well as the fact that the PS2 is no longer supported or manufactured.

Its time like this when the good ol classic meme hits most potently
    Sony of Japan is also ending PS2 repair service March 31st, 2016. Yes, if you still have a Japanee PS2 (compatible models and HDDs were produced through 2010 in Japan), you can still get it repaired for now, officially.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

I've tried a 3rd party controller, an actual 360 controller, a PS3 controller, and a PS4 controller. All of them suffer the same problems. I can't register the configuration of L2/R2 for macros. It acts as if those buttons don't exists. ;^; It's very frustrating.

There are 3rd party drivers that fix that, or XInput to DirectInput remappers that will fix it. Solutions have been around for at least 5 years, you just have to search for them. ANother option is to use a PS2 controller and an adapter to make it work via USB.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I was using these drivers for 360 controller on all my computers: http://lavendy.net/special/driver/x360wc/index.html

But for some reason when I built 2 new computers this month, they wouldn't work on one of them. So I'm using this program to get the triggers working correctly on the other one:

https://sites.google.com/site/0dd14lab/xinput-plus

You can use the wireless controller as well if you get the little dongle thingy, although I think they stopped selling them separately from the controller so you may have to buy a new controller if you want to use wireless. Don't buy the ones off amazon. They say Microsoft on them, but they're actually fake and I've had issues with them in the past.
    (0)

The amount of complaining over this thing is almost amazing. I find it amusing that only now are some people starting to realize that accounts are platform independent. The consoles, especially the PS2 are almost as old as time itself, I find it incredible that they haven't been dropped a long time ago.

I've played FFXI with a gamepad on my PC for years, and I've never had any problems mapping keys to whatever I want.

If you're going to "boycot" everyone who drops support for an online game, you're going to run out of developers in not too long. Unless of course you're cherry picking and only hating on certain devs for dropping support of old platforms, but not caring when others do it. Hm.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 03-20-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    The amount of complaining over this thing is almost amazing. I find it amusing that only now are some people starting to realize that accounts are platform independent. The consoles, especially the PS2 are almost as old as time itself, I find it incredible that they haven't been dropped a long time ago.

I've played FFXI with a gamepad on my PC for years, and I've never had any problems mapping keys to whatever I want.

If you're going to "boycot" everyone who drops support for an online game, you're going to run out of developers in not too long. Unless of course you're cherry picking and only hating on certain devs for dropping support of old platforms, but not caring when others do it. Hm.

Regardless if a system is as old as time immemorial, the fact still stand that there are people that have video game consoles for video games. I know it's a strange concept. I'm not playing FFXI because I want 1080 HD graphics, I play the game because I enjoy. And for many people, the average Joe, they just want to throw in a game and go. For a PC, with my problem being a prime example, you have to configure this, download that, get this thing here, etc... just to get things to work. And I'd like to note, that the SE Dev complimented the PS4 when it came to FF14 (A game FAR 'superior' in graphics and enemy numbers.)

Yes, a PC can do a lot of things, I use my for drawing, but I still have my gaming consoles and I'm sure that there's a WHOLE lot more of those out there that are being played right now.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Yes, it is a strange concept to want a game to be supported on an obsolete platform. Glad you agree.
    (3)

seriously, people have been screaming for them to drop the PS2 on these forums since day 1, like 3+ years ago? they finally announce that they are going to drop it and a 2nd console that is almost as old and obsolete when the game turns 15 years old, now everybody is dropping bricks. and the manufacturers of both consoles are dropping support for them too at almost the same time. I mean get a clue, when the people who make the hardware itself tell you they aren't going to support the hardware why would you expect a company to continue to support the software? I mean, I can still program for the Atari 2600 but I can't find cartridges to put the programs on or the hardware to interface with them. I loved playing MechWarrior, Halflife, Grim Fandango, Alice, Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider, etc. but the support stopped. for awhile I kept an old PC around to run them but eventually I tossed it for the space in my apartment. Sure the games were great-I so want to play Oddworld again-but they just got passed by. Get over it and buy something built in the last decade.
    (0)

10. 03-25-2015 08:28 AM

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Regardless if a system is as old as time immemorial, the fact still stand that there are people that have video game consoles for video games. I know it's a strange concept. I'm not playing FFXI because I want 1080 HD graphics, I play the game because I enjoy. And for many people, the average Joe, they just want to throw in a game and go. For a PC, with my problem being a prime example, you have to configure this, download that, get this thing here, etc... just to get things to work. And I'd like to note, that the SE Dev complimented the PS4 when it came to FF14 (A game FAR 'superior' in graphics and enemy numbers.)

Yes, a PC can do a lot of things, I use my for drawing, but I still have my gaming consoles and I'm sure that there's a WHOLE lot more of those out there that are being played right now.
    Nope on both fronts. For FFXI at least, pretty much you just install, jack up the settings to max (if you have a computer that came out in the past 10 years or so you should be good), plug in the controller (shouldn't have a problem if it isn't a 360, XBone, PS3 or PS4 controller... PS2 controllers with cheap adapters work great), and go.

And as for people on consoles... let's be real, for FFXI at least the numbers of people on PS2 are minimal (almost all from Japan), the 360 numbers also have to be small. Not to mention, not only does the game run like 1000x better on PC (like actually good loading times), but also you will have an immense advantage as a PC player due to... reasons.

And overall the PC gaming market is growing at an immense rate. When you consider that on PC you can play the newest games at 4K at 60 FPS, and on the new consoles play them at 720p and 30 FPS (often stuttering too), most people at some point are going to learn how to build a PC (pretty easy by now), or get one built. And there's hardly any console exclusive games these days; I've got 2 on my PS4. Actually a lot of informed people think the XBone/PS4 might be the last generation of consoles period, as right now they're just underpowered PC's.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast