Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

What is happening?

I changed my mine...took my idea down.

Seems they are going to have a MMM (phone FF)

This year appears to be it for FFxi if translation on FFIAH is correct some major parts added this year and a some updates this year and sounds like maintenance after that.
    (0)
    Last edited by lllen; 03-19-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Worry not, for I'm sure your mail is on its way!

2015 marks my 10 years of age on this character, and 833 days on-line. We're luckily not going out just yet either, although it may get slower from here on out. There's still time, and more to come!

Cheers to all the memories that have been created thus far, and for those not yet formed!
    (3)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well that was all very wierd and somewhat depressing. Why Nexon? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    (6)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Agreed, it is all pretty depressing, yet not surprising.

Just gotta make most out of the rest of the flight, I maybe guess! °—°
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    How they'll make this work on a smartphone, I have no idea. It almost seems like an early april fools joke.

Whatever, I guess, I don't even own a smartphone, so you won't be seeing me using a phone version of the game.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    How they'll make this work on a smartphone, I have no idea. It almost seems like an early april fools joke.
    I can imagine it, and a word that first(ish) comes to my mind is: bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Whatever, I guess, I don't even own a smartphone, so you won't be seeing me using a phone version of the game.
    Oooh, I'm not the only one not owning one. Heh!

All this is not likely to get me obtain one, either. Mobile games are definitely not my thing.
    (0)

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It's just a weird transition. While moving to mobile might pull in new kiddies, the existing community might for the most part, have a tough time transitioning. Even if they already have smartphones. I was thinking about it and the game might lose it's character/soul by not playing on a PC or other legacy device. I would have the feeling of being disconnected, ironically...
    (3)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It's just a weird transition. While moving to mobile might pull in new kiddies, the existing community might for the most part, have a tough time transitioning. Even if they already have smartphones. I was thinking about it and the game might lose it's character/soul by not playing on a PC or other legacy device. I would have the feeling of being disconnected, ironically...
    It is hard to say. Mobile, for me, definitely takes down a barrier to logging in. I could see myself sitting on the couch, logging in to do some crafting while watching TV, then an LSmate says "hey wanna do X?" which I wouldn't have seen before because I wouldn't have dragged my ass into my room to fire up the monster computer to just do some crafting - so I say "yeah that sounds like fun, let me just log in on my computer."

I think what is going to hurt the game is the "no new content..." even though I am not one of these people, a lot of people already say they have nothing to do... those people are not going to stick around - that will be a massive hit to the hardcore population. The hardcore population is the only thing really moving the economy at the moment (the only things that derpy folks like me make money at are generally things I sell to more hardcore players)

The announcement of no new content means a lot of people will unsub, not seeing any point in sinking more hours into a character which will just end up deleted in a couple years (not saying it -will- happen, but a lot of people could think that)

That's really the only thing discouraging me - I don't mind if the game goes into stasis, but I don't want to think of my character being deleted. That destroys my urge to play. Like a single player game, I may never play it again but it doesn't mean I want to go delete my save files, and if I knew the save files were going to be deleted whether I liked it or not, I would probably not play it ever again.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Wait, unless I didn't understand what they said in the video the Nexon mobile version should be a separate thing that will allow you to import your char from XI but will not replace the game or have any effect on the PC version.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well playing FF on a smartphone is not my idea of fun....buttons so little, picture so small and battery perpetually pluged to either pc or wall.

I am just wondering if this cancels the update for March...they stopped talking about it. Its the 19th already.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast