Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Number of questions that I can think of to say the least.

1) In regards to the updates after November its stated that there will be no more major version updates. Does this mean after November the only things that will happen will be just bug fixes and QoL adjustments? Or is the end of major updates just in regards to story lines themselves and new things like Dynamis for example might get added after this in post November updates?

2) In regards to the termination of Xbox360/PS2 with the termination of these services and the sole remaining platform being the windows system will the PC version simply just be maintained as is with just minor fixes or will things like the UI redevelopment, decommissioning of PoL, upgrade/replacement of the old game engine be looked at again?

3) In regards to server merges will these be happening for the less populated servers in the near future?

4) In regards to the future alot of people have felt that the announcement is basically a "sunset" for the game and that some of the console players even think the game is shutting down entirely. What people might want to ask is SE simply gonna wind down the game outright over time including the loss of all the lore or would they sometime down the road do an ARR style relaunch of the game retaining all the main campaign storylines rather than let a numbered FF drop out of existence?

5) Will SE ever impliment those remaining spells that players currently havent got access to for players enen tho mobs have them (examples: Banish 4/5, Banishga 3~5, elemental aga 4/5, Poisonga 2~5, Poison 3~5, Bio 4/5, Dia 4/5, Diaga 2~5)

6) Will SE reintroduce discounted subs for those concurrently subscribed to FF14?

7) Would it ever be possible to introduce a Race change feature?
    (4)
    Last edited by Raiyara; 03-22-2015 at 03:01 AM.

Character
    Soleus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    5) Will SE ever impliment those remaining spells that players currently havent got access to for players enen tho mobs have them (examples: Banish 4/5, Banishga 3~5, elemental aga 4/5, Poisonga 2~5, Poison 3~5, Bio 4/5, Dia 4/5, Diaga 2~5)
    I'm really also hoping maybe through later BLM gifts maybe we'll finally see the spell Ultima.
    (2)
    Take the opportunity to see, hear, and feel Vana’diel as it exists today—a Vana’diel created not just by the developers, but by each and every one of you.

Character
    Akson
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Wow, such anger and yet it makes wonder if it just gives them all the more reasons to possibly just give them the idea to quit the game...o.O!!
    Just being 100% honest with them. Accepting criticism only makes us all better. If it's all shutting down after Nov then I don't see any reason to pretend that they are meeting expectations and can do alot better than themselves and even Capcom.
    My apologies. I ain't speaking to praise thier past accomplishments. I want more of the best of SE online.
    (0)
    Last edited by Akson; 03-22-2015 at 04:30 AM.
    ДΚςφη

Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    Number of questions that I can think of to say the least.

1) In regards to the updates after November its stated that there will be no more major version updates. Does this mean after November the only things that will happen will be just bug fixes and QoL adjustments? Or is the end of major updates just in regards to story lines themselves and new things like Dynamis for example might get added after this in post November updates?

2) In regards to the termination of Xbox360/PS2 with the termination of these services and the sole remaining platform being the windows system will the PC version simply just be maintained as is with just minor fixes or will things like the UI redevelopment, decommissioning of PoL, upgrade/replacement of the old game engine be looked at again?

3) In regards to server merges will these be happening for the less populated servers in the near future?

4) In regards to the future alot of people have felt that the announcement is basically a "sunset" for the game and that some of the console players even think the game is shutting down entirely. What people might want to ask is SE simply gonna wind down the game outright over time including the loss of all the lore or would they sometime down the road do an ARR style relaunch of the game retaining all the main campaign storylines rather than let a numbered FF drop out of existence?

6) Will SE reintroduce discounted subs for those concurrently subscribed to FF14?

7) Would it ever be possible to introduce a Race change feature?
    I know you weren't asking me but they already answered this in the stream. There will be NO MORE UPDATES aside from occasional tweaks like bugs/balancing. Unless they decide that "balancing" entails giving us banish 5, it will come by november or never. And you know job balancing is one of those things they bury in patch notes. There sure as hell won't be a relaunch like ARR

You will be better able to let go if you think of november as the end of updates period, which it basically is, and stop asking/expecting new things
    (0)

Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    A server merge is a waaay better idea than the current one. I know that the dev team wants to be over and done with ffxi, but there are alot of ppl that still play ffxi. I have asked some of my friends that still play, and most of them don't like ffxiv, cant play because of console issues. or just plain don't understad gameplay. Merge the servers! Make it free to play once you're done with it! Make it offline. You've pretty much made the game to where we can solo it alone, make it so we can play it offline. Don't just throw a great game out for good. Yes all good things must come to an end and we all should cherish our memories. I mean.. i met my husband on this game. I guess that's why I don't want to say goodbye, but I still think its a dumb move SE. When you're down to 1 server and only 20 ppl play, then I say.. ok.. time to kill this horse. There are still a good amount of ppl that play if you combine the servers.
    They are just ending updates, not killing the horse. No company can churn out updates for a game with 30 ppl 1 server. In addition they want what's left of the dev team to focus on 14 and/or DQX. That's their prerogative

I agree they should merge servers and probably will once they get a gauge on how many may renew for this "finale" and that it should be F2P or bare minimum fee to support the servers, once updates end
    (1)

Player
    yes but how many people will continue playing with no updated content?
    (1)

Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefactor View Post
    Your assumption does seem realistic, based on the process and timeline in which FF14 was introduced. However, if i were the one making the decision, and I dont presume I know the intricate methodology of their business, I would simply cut down the development drastically, BUT continue developing the game and continue reaping profits, because it in fact has proven itself to be very stable given the sheer amount of time people have been hanging on to the game.

It wouldn't be a great loss financially to divert a majority of the developers over to 14, if they so wish, and simply create a schedule of perhaps one content update every 2 years, even once in 3 years if they like. That in itself would not be received extremely well by the community, however the psychology is sound in that people see a foreseeable future for the game.

To hope that some of the 11 players will move to 14 long term is a risky endeavour at best. Essentially if 11 players move on, there are no extra profits involved in that it's merely swapping one subscription for another, and the high likelihood that a lot of people dont even move over and either stop gaming or play other games.

In addition, they absolutely must see that FFXI is a game that holds extreme longevity, and that the theme park model of ff14, while very well received at the moment, may not offer similar longevity, given the lack of socialization and community, which is pretty much what binds people to a game in the first place. It seems a terrible mistake to bank everything on ff14 on the premise that at this very point in time, it offers higher margins on a sales chart. That seems to be like a horrible lack of foresight and a risky gamble.

Of course, if ffxi in itself is not making any profit and creating losses, then i fully understand their decision. However, in comparison with other games, we can safely assume they are making a profit, even though small. They just seem to not want to be bothered just to earn smaller profits, and in the end alienating their loyal players and creating distrust. In the end, is that worth the damage to their company reputation as a whole?

If they could do this to ffxi, I wouldnt want to go to ff14 either, because it's a vastly more volatile game by way of subscribership and they could shut that down at any point in time too.
    I agree with a lot of what you say, but even an update every 2-3 years, for it to keep anyone around, would have to be expansion caliber. That costs millions and the PS2 which half of jp plays on, cannot handle further updates.

If i were in charge, from a business PoV i would do 2-4 updates a year plus at least more iLvL phase, until down to 30k subscribers. However...perhaps they also feel it would be dishonorable to update the game after PS2 is done. Keep in mind this game started in japan on PS2

14 has been increasing subscribers. It simply has newer graphics. A PS2 era game isn't going to appeal to new gamers, no matter how enjoyable it is to the rest of us. So in terms of longevity, 14 may or may not succeed, but 11 will never have over 100k subscribers again. That's why investing in 11 is a far greater risk
    (0)

Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysten View Post
    yes but how many people will continue playing with no updated content?
    Look at how many kept playing as ToA ended and WotG was a huge letdown, all the way to abyssea. With CP updates, skirmish, the coming update, the "finale" - that could all sustain for a year from now. Then you have the usual grind after that, which, who knows but some will want to try out new R/E/M if nothing else

I'd say the answer lies in whether it goes free to play and if trust boost allows us to solo more
    (0)

Player
    not the same thing lol there were updates in the game itself... when there are 0 world wide it will be a huge difference

i dont think levling is the problem per say i think its money, the game revolves around the AH so they need to significantly boost NPC if you sell items or merge servers

i think it will be like SW galaxies youll have a fan base that stay but the numbers wont be there yet they say they will continue to make windows a good expirence... but how without any updates?? new graphics? some other way?
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Um... this isn't up to them actually.
    If you just install the right drivers you should be able to configure the gamepad just fine.
    It is up to them. The game doesn't support input from the triggers. They can fix that on the game client. People shouldn't be required to install unsigned third party drivers in order to use the most commonly owned game controllers on the planet.
    (0)

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast