Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashira View Post
    I'm not going to sit here and tell you I'm not upset regarding the announcement because I am. I am a Xbox 360 user and have been for nearly a decade. If you plan on killing off the 360 user then I ask you make it where if ppl change to a PS3 or PS4 can keep their character as Xbox 360 players know is that our characters are tied to our Xbox accounts. I would like a response because I would like to continue my FFXI experience.

You have it wrong, the Xbox Live account link is only for logging in on Xbox 360. It has no effect on logging in on PS2 or PC. You can only link on a 1-to-1 basis, PlayOnline accounts and Xbox Live Gamertags. Linking the account has no effect on being able to log in on other platforms. If you tried on PC right now, you'd be able to do it with no trouble. Your character is tied to the PlayOnline account, not the Xbox account.
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-our-hiragana/

Any chance with the removal of console clients, and thus the reliance on the ATOK IME that Japanese text input can be enabled for people using the English client?
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Ultimulee
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 0
    to help inventory mgmt, remove all restrictions on sending gear/items/duplicate spells (the yoi can only hold 1 of said item) to character linked on same account.
    (2)

Character
    Ultimulee
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 0
    increase the #of items you can place on AH too!
    (1)

Character
    Paugue
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    I have been playing ffxi since I moved into my first apt back when I was twenty one years old, I am now thirty, I have had three accounts that I pay for each month and I always pay my subscription fees on time.

13.99 x3 = 41.97 + a few mules = $50+ per month. 50x 12 = 600 per year x 9 = $5,400 on just subscription fee's. I realize that may not be a lot to a large corporation however I feel like paying for this game any longer knowing that they are going to shut it down on xbox 360 (and I primarily play ffxi on x2 xbox360 x1 laptop) is going to be a waste of money. I really don't want to have to buy x2 more laptops to play and I don't believe in third party programming. I went to sleep last night hoping that this press conference was going to talk about ffxi on mobile gaming or ps vita but i really wasn't expecting to end gameplay on xbox 360...

I mean how hard is it really to just create a ffxi-2 like you did with all the other final fantasy's?, release it on the next generation consoles, (steam / ps4 / mobile support / wii-u / xbox one) and then offer current ffxi players some incentive like (automatically become level 50 if you port your char and keep relic / mythic weapons) ect and start the ffxi experience over again on next generation systems for another 10+ years....

I really feel like i just wasted 5 thousand dollars and I could have bought something much more valuable with my money, and now i feel like a FOOL for wasting time and money on all these Xboxes (ive been thru like 6 box 360s playing ffxi and multiple game cd's) and paying for subscription fees from both xbox and playonline.

(you know the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted)

How could you do this to me? Stop posting adds in magazines saying that SE is ballin out of control and they don't currently see an end to either of its mmorpgs (dragon quest, XIV XI) and then 4 months later tell me that its ending.

edit; why not just put the game out on the xbox one marketplace / psn network so that way the newer systems can play ffxi, then more ppl will have access to the game, after watching southparks episode of "console wars"((My University had History of South park as an elective) it can be assumed that a lot of people ran out and bought a next gen console since their release 2 years ago, and there are still little to none MMORPGS on their market places.
    I feel that converting the product solely to Windows / tablets is a good idea in some ways, but imagine how long its going to take to download the game onto the tablet initially.... and even more so with games such as "game of war" always lagging and freezing up, its going to be soo annoying having to relog into playonline---->ffxi if its a bad connection day, which implies that these new apps might not have as much online capabilities, Though I have recently played a few MMMrpgs on the app store and I'm surprised at how much can actually run on a mobile phone, I have recentlyish learned (through being a google glass adventure beta tester and paying the 1500 for glass 2 years ago and being extremely dissatisfied with the product) that not everything is as good as it may appear and I can honestly forecast that ending the xbox360 / ps2 gameplay support and trying to replace it with mobile gaming is not going to satisfy xbox/ps2 users.
    Just a suggestion, but if you want to install multiple clients on the same computer without using a third party tool, you could look into dual booting Windows and a GNU/Linux OS such as Kubuntu and install using Wine (multiple wineprefixes). For several years, I used to run 4 clients on the same machine and alt-tabbed between them using the Windows key + left key/right key on the keyboard. Granted I had to run them in Windowed mode and not full screen, plus I haven't tried using a controller, but it worked really well. Here is a little information about FFXI using WINE https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...rsion&iId=2739
    (1)

Character
    Nekole
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Server merge before or after PS2/360 support drops?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    I have been playing ffxi since I moved into my first apt back when I was twenty one years old, I am now thirty, I have had three accounts that I pay for each month and I always pay my subscription fees on time.

13.99 x3 = 41.97 + a few mules = $50+ per month. 50x 12 = 600 per year x 9 = $5,400 on just subscription fee's. I realize that may not be a lot to a large corporation however I feel like paying for this game any longer knowing that they are going to shut it down on xbox 360 (and I primarily play ffxi on x2 xbox360 x1 laptop) is going to be a waste of money. I really don't want to have to buy x2 more laptops to play and I don't believe in third party programming. I went to sleep last night hoping that this press conference was going to talk about ffxi on mobile gaming or ps vita but i really wasn't expecting to end gameplay on xbox 360...

I mean how hard is it really to just create a ffxi-2 like you did with all the other final fantasy's?, release it on the next generation consoles, (steam / ps4 / mobile support / wii-u / xbox one) and then offer current ffxi players some incentive like (automatically become level 50 if you port your char and keep relic / mythic weapons) ect and start the ffxi experience over again on next generation systems for another 10+ years....

I really feel like i just wasted 5 thousand dollars and I could have bought something much more valuable with my money, and now i feel like a FOOL for wasting time and money on all these Xboxes (ive been thru like 6 box 360s playing ffxi and multiple game cd's) and paying for subscription fees from both xbox and playonline.

(you know the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted)

How could you do this to me? Stop posting adds in magazines saying that SE is ballin out of control and they don't currently see an end to either of its mmorpgs (dragon quest, XIV XI) and then 4 months later tell me that its ending.

edit; why not just put the game out on the xbox one marketplace / psn network so that way the newer systems can play ffxi, then more ppl will have access to the game, after watching southparks episode of "console wars"((My University had History of South park as an elective) it can be assumed that a lot of people ran out and bought a next gen console since their release 2 years ago, and there are still little to none MMORPGS on their market places.
    I feel that converting the product solely to Windows / tablets is a good idea in some ways, but imagine how long its going to take to download the game onto the tablet initially.... and even more so with games such as "game of war" always lagging and freezing up, its going to be soo annoying having to relog into playonline---->ffxi if its a bad connection day, which implies that these new apps might not have as much online capabilities, Though I have recently played a few MMMrpgs on the app store and I'm surprised at how much can actually run on a mobile phone, I have recentlyish learned (through being a google glass adventure beta tester and paying the 1500 for glass 2 years ago and being extremely dissatisfied with the product) that not everything is as good as it may appear and I can honestly forecast that ending the xbox360 / ps2 gameplay support and trying to replace it with mobile gaming is not going to satisfy xbox/ps2 users.
    Laptops aren't great for multiboxing anyway. Build a gaming tower with a decent amount of RAM, and run FFXI inside VirtualBox instances or such, and then you can have multiple FFXI instances running at once, each in their own virtual machine. Otherwise, the offiical client, on console and PC, only supports one instance per OS. You cna either use the unofficial fix, or use virtual machines. You already bought multiple consoles, what's wrong with multiple computers, when FFXI runs on the cheapest computers on the market?
    (1)

This was touched on in a few earlier posts but I'll ask for more clarification are there any plans to put FFXI on any of the newer consoles? Even if it's the Wii-U it will be gratefully appreciated.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    This was touched on in a few earlier posts but I'll ask for more clarification are there any plans to put FFXI on any of the newer consoles? Even if it's the Wii-U it will be gratefully appreciated.
    The answer is no because they are backing away with the console market not many players play it on those also they will have to invest a lot more time to put it on Wii-U I don't see it happening.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You could always buy a steam console and install windows on it :P
    (0)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast