Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manux View Post
    The answer is no because they are backing away with the console market not many players play it on those also they will have to invest a lot more time to put it on Wii-U I don't see it happening.
    Ah excuse me but this thread is specifically for us to ask questions for them to answer not for everyone else to hop on and answer like they're the authority on the matter. Just because they haven't yet answered doesn't mean they won't, by the way.
    (3)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Malefactorx
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by steellords View Post
    I guess the main diff is the company has 2 other major and far newer MMOs and the board saw the subs for this one continue to dwindle and that the last expansion only lowered the # of subs. They probly want 11 dev team working on the other MMOs. We're getting to the point that they had to decide between raising the iLvl or wrapping it up...and they chose the latter

Other diffs is the issues with sony/microsoft over adding new content with limited resources. Cut off ps2/xbox as they're doing and you might see closer to EQ numbers. In addition, they may hope that some # of 11 players will move on to 14 long term.
    Your assumption does seem realistic, based on the process and timeline in which FF14 was introduced. However, if i were the one making the decision, and I dont presume I know the intricate methodology of their business, I would simply cut down the development drastically, BUT continue developing the game and continue reaping profits, because it in fact has proven itself to be very stable given the sheer amount of time people have been hanging on to the game.

It wouldn't be a great loss financially to divert a majority of the developers over to 14, if they so wish, and simply create a schedule of perhaps one content update every 2 years, even once in 3 years if they like. That in itself would not be received extremely well by the community, however the psychology is sound in that people see a foreseeable future for the game.

To hope that some of the 11 players will move to 14 long term is a risky endeavour at best. Essentially if 11 players move on, there are no extra profits involved in that it's merely swapping one subscription for another, and the high likelihood that a lot of people dont even move over and either stop gaming or play other games.

In addition, they absolutely must see that FFXI is a game that holds extreme longevity, and that the theme park model of ff14, while very well received at the moment, may not offer similar longevity, given the lack of socialization and community, which is pretty much what binds people to a game in the first place. It seems a terrible mistake to bank everything on ff14 on the premise that at this very point in time, it offers higher margins on a sales chart. That seems to be like a horrible lack of foresight and a risky gamble.

Of course, if ffxi in itself is not making any profit and creating losses, then i fully understand their decision. However, in comparison with other games, we can safely assume they are making a profit, even though small. They just seem to not want to be bothered just to earn smaller profits, and in the end alienating their loyal players and creating distrust. In the end, is that worth the damage to their company reputation as a whole?

If they could do this to ffxi, I wouldnt want to go to ff14 either, because it's a vastly more volatile game by way of subscribership and they could shut that down at any point in time too.
    (9)
    Last edited by Malefactor; 03-21-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Character
    Ultimulee
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 0
    Remove nexus cape restrictions, allow all zone previously visited except abbysea.
    (7)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefactor View Post
    Your assumption does seem realistic, based on the process and timeline in which FF14 was introduced. However, if i were the one making the decision, and I dont presume I know the intricate methodology of their business, I would simply cut down the development drastically, BUT continue developing the game and continue reaping profits, because it in fact has proven itself to be very stable given the sheer amount of time people have been hanging on to the game.

It wouldn't be a great loss financially to divert a majority of the developers over to 14, if they so wish, and simply create a schedule of perhaps one content update every 2 years, even once in 3 years if they like. That in itself would not be received extremely well by the community, however the psychology is sound in that people see a foreseeable future for the game.

To hope that some of the 11 players will move to 14 long term is a risky endeavour at best. Essentially if 11 players move on, there are no extra profits involved in that it's merely swapping one subscription for another, and the high likelihood that a lot of people dont even move over and either stop gaming or play other games.

In addition, they absolutely must see that FFXI is a game that holds extreme longevity, and that the theme park model of ff14, while very well received at the moment, may not offer similar longevity, given the lack of socialization and community, which is pretty much what binds people to a game in the first place. It seems a terrible mistake to bank everything on ff14 on the premise that at this very point in time, it offers higher margins on a sales chart. That seems to be like a horrible lack of foresight and a risky gamble.

Of course, if ffxi in itself is not making any profit and creating losses, then i fully understand their decision. However, in comparison with other games, we can safely assume they are making a profit, even though small. They just seem to not want to be bothered just to earn smaller profits, and in the end alienating their loyal players and creating distrust. In the end, is that worth the damage to their company reputation as a whole?

If they could do this to ffxi, I wouldnt want to go to ff14 either, because it's a vastly more volatile game by way of subscribership and they could shut that down at any point in time too.
    I can only imagine the amount they made with Seekers, it must have been decent. I have no idea why they feel this will be the most profitable but to me it doesn't seem so. A new expansion could easily increase sub numbers provided ps2/xbox are dropped and we see big changes, they probably didn't think it was worth the time.
    (2)

Once the PS2/Xbox 360 versions cease to exist, how long do you plan to keep the PC version servers up and running?
    (2)

Hello, everyone.

Thank you for all the questions regarding the Vana’diel Project.

The following is a comment from Producer Matsui.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

Thank you to everyone who watched the press conference in real-time or caught-up on the announcements afterwards by reading the forum digest and other media articles.

I’d like to personally go over some of the questions that have been posted in this thread so far, and I plan on setting some time aside during next week’s Freshly Picked Vana’diel to talk about them.

I apologize to keep you all waiting until then, but I appreciate your patience.
    (22)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Basically you have to liturally manually turn on the Legacy Features in 8.1 by going to control panel, Programs and features, and finding "Turn Windows features on or off" and here is the link with instructions on how to do it: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...12467588909672 but take careful noting that you do not have to reinstall windows 8.1/8.1 pro to do this method. Also it may require the windows 7 windows playonline viewer install that can be found on the playonline's website but I can't help but wonder with windows 10 coming out not to long from now, if it might be part of the cause for change/taking a different direction for the ffxi game.
    I'm confused by this note. I installed FFXI on my 8.1 laptop last December and also on a surface pro 3 a few weeks ago. It plays beautifully on the laptop and better than I expected on the Surface Pro without changing any windows legacy settings or anything else special that I can think of. I just installed, configured the display settings and joystick, and played. I thought it was easier than the past.
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Are job point categories and gifts going to be expanded at all?
    They currently cap out at 10 points per item and it was originally stated they would expand up to 30.
    I would like to see them expanded to 30pts per category and more gifts added.

My favorite jobs have 100-150ish job points currently, I like the jobpoint+gift system and would like it to be something that continues to allow small increments of character growth for those of us playing beyond the end of 2015.
    (5)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Player
    are we going to have a New Way to farm heavy metal plates maybe from the new addon expansion VW is dead!.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone.

Thank you for all the questions regarding the Vana’diel Project.

The following is a comment from Producer Matsui.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui

Matsui here.

Thank you to everyone who watched the press conference in real-time or caught-up on the announcements afterwards by reading the forum digest and other media articles.

I’d like to personally go over some of the questions that have been posted in this thread so far, and I plan on setting some time aside during next week’s Freshly Picked Vana’diel to talk about them.

I apologize to keep you all waiting until then, but I appreciate your patience.
    I really really hate to say this but... why does it feels like we're waiting the medical test results from an oncologist ? :-/
    (2)

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast