Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Wickywahwah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90

Norg Airship

Will we ever find out where this goes to?
    (3)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    What will happen to the community reps and localization team?
    (2)

Character
    Akson
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manux View Post
    The answer is no because they are backing away with the console market not many players play it on those also they will have to invest a lot more time to put it on Wii-U I don't see it happening.
    You do realize FINAL FANTASY is a console franchise correct and that any FINAL FANTASY game that would be or is ported to Next Gen would be to prolong the life of a console game? It sounds to me that SquareEnix is saying Game Over. Thanks for playing.
    (0)
    ДΚςφη

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by brandi View Post
    Monk has some great gear but a thf Sam dnc rng easily doubles or even triples the dmg a average monk can do I just think it would be nice if a few job classes like monk weapons skill scale up just enough to do some decent damage even as a relic monk ws isn't that impressive as it takes so long to build one where someone can easily put on a delve weapon and deal nearly equal or more damage seems a bit unfair
    THF pops up impressive numbers but a good MNK still does about the same damage as a good THF when you take DPS into consideration and as a bonus doesn't get oneshot by delve bosses the way THF does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisotte View Post
    If not there's always EVE Online for your slow-paced MMO that actually makes you interact with other people, folks...
    Yeah but EVE is basically the 4chan of MMOs.
    (1)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 03-20-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Norg ship question

Pay closer attention: the Norg ship is a barge, not an airship. It was noted several years ago that, shortly after it leaves dock, the Selbina/Mhaura ship is attacked by PIRATES. It makes sense that a pirate raiding ship would use a secret pirate towns secret dock as its home base.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Laptops aren't great for multiboxing anyway. Build a gaming tower with a decent amount of RAM, and run FFXI inside VirtualBox instances or such, and then you can have multiple FFXI instances running at once, each in their own virtual machine. Otherwise, the offiical client, on console and PC, only supports one instance per OS. You cna either use the unofficial fix, or use virtual machines. You already bought multiple consoles, what's wrong with multiple computers, when FFXI runs on the cheapest computers on the market?
    Because now I have to spend MORE money, and I already have an alien ware for gaming as well as 5 pcs that I use for gaming,my problem is now in order to play i have to spend more money to replace hardware as well, and when you multiple accounts on 1 device, the game runs significantly slower which is why I play on consoles primarily and not my towers. Not to mention that xboxs can't get viruses....

Believe me, over the last 10 years I have fully explored ways to play ffxi (from using my portable ps2 , to using my swivel/cinemin video projectors and playing it in my expedition SUV) the reason I'm not so happy about them taking away xbox support is because I have found it to be the best way for ME to play the game. The reason I bought all these devices was to play ffxi on a console, when I travel out of the country playing it on my very pricy Alienware (which I customized online and bought from the AW site specifically for ffxi) is more ideal however I enjoy xbox ffxi at home and It sucks I have to say goodbye to something that I still currently use on an everyday basis.

I literally have spent a lot of my earnings and stipends (I'm in entertainment) on enjoying ffxi as to the max, when I purchased my first house I made an arcade room where I could comfortably sit and play ffxi (as well as about 10 stand up arcade machines which mainly run on RAM/ROM) it sucks that I'm also going to have to modify my arcade room as well if I continue to play ffxi.

The other benefit to playing on xbox and NOT running all my chars on 1 system is when I have friends over , they can sit at a ffxi station in my arcade and play the game on xbox with me.

As I stated I have multiple gaming pcs and laptops and game copies so quickly acclimating myself to this change wouldn't take more than the version updates, however I have always found ffxi to be superior on a console due to the ability to not screw up ur laptop / tower. The more third party programs you install on ur PC the more risk u have to viruses which can't be fixed with antivirus software and it's tedious removing viruses.

Lastly, I usually move 2 chars at the same time (which is easy with practice since I play piano) so I prefer to have full access over my chars vs letting a program use them / alt tab, I've always been anti PC games and pro console games so I am heavily effected by this

My favorite way to play ffxi: 2 xbox controllers and 1 keyboard
    (0)

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What happened to the new UI that was planned? Is that still planned under this project?
    (0)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Thanks for the heads up a year's time earlier!! ;-)

Well when I first read it, it was my understanding that they are making it so both windows and pc players can communicate and play together on the severs with the characters you already have.

Honestly there was a point in my life when I wouldn't wanted the FFXI game to come to a end like all of you players out there but with my real social life dwindling, relationships in person never formed, a broken relationship or relationships after all the years of play, I've come to a reconsideration of everything i've ever done wasting my time away on games and just seems its becoming a great blessing that i'll be getting a more productive social life for once... as i've been trying to get away from games for a long time in which it looks like I will be able to buy stuff from david wygant finally after the game ends which would help my social life in various ways and who knows the mobile version of ffxi implemented with another name in an expansion form just might be what the doctor ordered to get out and be social while still able to play ffxi on the go everywhere you are with a mobile device.

An Interesting note as to what could've been on the game creators minds when they decided to go into mobile with ffxi: If any of you ever installed the nvidia experience program/app on your computer's, you all know about there incorporating a system called game streaming with their Shield Tablet or Shield Portable Devices that allows you to play a game on your computer but can instantly switch it to the Shield Tablet/Portable and continue playing right the exact moment you're at in the game or left off at the point on the pc.

This is what I was thinking about when they mentioned about the economy market of the changing times, there is now a lot of devices out there in which they'll allow you to watch movies, etc. say from your cable/satellite tv moving it on over to your mobile phones to continue right where you left off watching the movie/show and even some games out now that have implemented this method of play into their system/game and what this does is makes me wonder if this is the exact method they have planned for ffxi going into mobile?

Now how cool is that if you can continue playing your pc game right the exact second you're at in the game on your mobile device if something arose where you had to get going in where you had to leave the house?? I'd think it be a brainy-cool idea for FFXI gamers playing the game.

Edit: I'm sure the creators/?sponsors? considered every option or avenue in there players and anticipated the questions they may receive before going ahead with there decisions with futures of ffxi and I wouldn't doubt its the reason they gave a year in advance notice to give everyone time to prepare for the switch and even maybe purchase what needs to be done ahead of time before the set date arrives for permanent changes to be perceived.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 03-20-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    Because now I have to spend MORE money, and I already have an alien ware for gaming as well as 5 pcs that I use for gaming,my problem is now in order to play i have to spend more money to replace hardware as well, and when you multiple accounts on 1 device, the game runs significantly slower which is why I play on consoles primarily and not my towers. Not to mention that xboxs can't get viruses....

Believe me, over the last 10 years I have fully explored ways to play ffxi (from using my portable ps2 , to using my swivel/cinemin video projectors and playing it in my expedition SUV) the reason I'm not so happy about them taking away xbox support is because I have found it to be the best way for ME to play the game. The reason I bought all these devices was to play ffxi on a console, when I travel out of the country playing it on my very pricy Alienware (which I customized online and bought from the AW site specifically for ffxi) is more ideal however I enjoy xbox ffxi at home and It sucks I have to say goodbye to something that I still currently use on an everyday basis.

I literally have spent a lot of my earnings and stipends (I'm in entertainment) on enjoying ffxi as to the max, when I purchased my first house I made an arcade room where I could comfortably sit and play ffxi (as well as about 10 stand up arcade machines which mainly run on RAM/ROM) it sucks that I'm also going to have to modify my arcade room as well if I continue to play ffxi.

The other benefit to playing on xbox and NOT running all my chars on 1 system is when I have friends over , they can sit at a ffxi station in my arcade and play the game on xbox with me.

As I stated I have multiple gaming pcs and laptops and game copies so quickly acclimating myself to this change wouldn't take more than the version updates, however I have always found ffxi to be superior on a console due to the ability to not screw up ur laptop / tower. The more third party programs you install on ur PC the more risk u have to viruses which can't be fixed with antivirus software and it's tedious removing viruses.

Lastly, I usually move 2 chars at the same time (which is easy with practice since I play piano) so I prefer to have full access over my chars vs letting a program use them / alt tab, I've always been anti PC games and pro console games so I am heavily effected by this

My favorite way to play ffxi: 2 xbox controllers and 1 keyboard
    You can get a PC about the same size as an xbox 360 that will run this for @ $100 and use your xbox controllers. All you need to install is a driver for controller support. 3rd party programs are optional (and prohibited).
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    Pay closer attention: the Norg ship is a barge, not an airship. It was noted several years ago that, shortly after it leaves dock, the Selbina/Mhaura ship is attacked by PIRATES. It makes sense that a pirate raiding ship would use a secret pirate towns secret dock as its home base.
    We actually got a sort of official response on this
    Yoshitsugu Saito: That’s a good question! (laughs) But putting all jokes aside, Norg has its own burgeoning markets in addition to its den of piracy, and as such often engages in trade with nearby islands. As such, it occupies a place similar to Mhaura and Selbina—there is no one set location.
    Full interview here.
    (0)

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast