Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Character
    Autopatch
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I use signed Logitech drivers and I can use my triggers just fine.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    Malthaaaa, thats FF4. Unless you mean FF4 remake for the DS!
    You know what I mean, newbie. :-P
    (0)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    There could have been some changes to the games mechanic's from the game creator's since I had problems to run the game Kylani as to why it worked so well for you or it could be just type of system you installed it on that allowed it to install easy. I hope you clicked on the link I provided as well?

I was just assuming the person I was responding to was having the same windows 8/8.1 problems I had to get the ffxi game to run on my windows 8.1 alienware 18 laptop from the pol viewer screen where upon hitting play ffxi an error message would pop up stating you need to have direct play installed to play this game. The windows 8/8.1 originally by default had Direct Play set/turned to off under its legacy settings where you had to go find it and click on the box next to it to put a checkmark into the box in order to turn it on.

Back when I having the problem to run the game on my laptop, I called SE's tech support without a ticket marker stating the problem as to the reason of my call and waited for at least an hour, maybe more for their response to my phone call but finally getting a person on the phone to respond telling them of my problem about it popping up the Needs to have Direct Play installed to play the ffxi game issue on my alienware laptop with windows 8.1, There response was sure its not recommended to play ffxi on windows 8 as it's not even made to run on windows 8 as of yet, so upon their wasting my time with calling in the first place, I went on a googling search to see what I could dig up on the problem that might fix the issue and also contacted an old ffxi player on my fb list which is good with knowledge to this type of stuff in which he directed me to the website link I have posted above and talked me through getting it to work but he had to know what type of set up my windows 8.1 was set up as for an operating system.

Just thought I'd add I dont play with a joystick, just my laptops keyboard as the software I've looked into in which allow me to use an very extremely old huge controller to play the game's softwares that i've looked into seemed to have a possibility to allow malware through it use of them.
    Thanks, I did click on the link, and I didn't have to do any of the things mentioned, so maybe SE did fix the issues. Previously, I dreaded re-installing because it was always a pain, so I was actually pleasantly surprised I didn't have issues these last times.

btw - I play with a logitech gamepad, not a joystick. I haven't used a joystick since the old atari days, but I keep calling them joysticks. I need to break the habit, but I don't talk about them much, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It is nice to see some like minded people on here, particularly Sayomi up above me. I would like to mirror those exact feelings completely and reiterate exactly what she said.

I began playing this game just months after it was released in North America, however many years ago that was. I was at a tough spot in my life then and have been in many tough spots in my life since. I've had to relocate around the country several times, had to leave my home where I grew up, but no matter what I always knew Vana'Diel was there. As silly as it may sound it felt more like a real home than any real place I've lived in my whole life. Furthermore, it enhanced my real life, it enhanced my view on the world and the beauty of both nature and exploration, things I never really appreciated before Vana'Diel. I will admit, I played for way too many hours a day for a good number of years, but then I figured out how to balance my life and FFXI together, once I did I enjoyed both much more. Wherever I worked, whatever I did, I always looked forward to going home and going back into Vana'Diel.

I remember all the friends that I made along the way. It chokes me up and almost brings me to tears just thinking about them. I do hope that with dropping the PS2 support and Xbox support that maybe now the Friends List can be uncapped and it would be really cool if we could see all the people we ever added or whoever was on our friends list. So many people I had to delete because of the 200 cap limit on the Friends List. I think back at what amazing friends I met on FFXI, the trials and tribulations we went through together, helping each other with missions and quests, gaining experience together in parties, fighting the big dragons and HNM's together. I lost contact with most of these friends and it hurts dearly, I truly miss them and I miss adventuring with them.

No other MMORPG can even begin to replicate what FFXI was. FFXI was to me much more than a game, it was an online world. One where like a true world, you had to really work hard at it but it could be done. One where adversity only strengthened the bonds and friendships you had made. One so expansive, with such rich lore, with such a well balanced story and back story that you truly felt you were not just a part of another world, but one more incredible than any other story has ever told. I've played FFXIV since the original Alpha. It's shiny, it's pretty, it has some fun points to it but it just feels like a game and it feels like it tries way too hard in certain aspects. I've played other MMORPG's, Aion, WoW, Lineage 2. They were fun and interesting but again, they felt like video games. Other MMORPG's always have felt confined, even FFXIV it feels so limited, but FFXI always had this feel like the horizon was only the beginning of another land, that there were so many places to discover, that the world had no limits and that endless possibilities were laid out before you. No other "game" has ever recreated that feeling for me.

Vana'Diel felt like something else, like another world I was blessed to be a part of and adventure in. It gave me hope, it inspired me and it made me believe there is more to life than meets the eyes. FFXI taught me how to feel things deeper within than I knew before hand or would have known on my own. Not a day goes by that I wish instead of redirecting their focus to a new game that Square Enix would have dropped whichever console support back then and done whatever they must to keep the world of Vana'Diel flourishing. A major graphics update, adding big expansions with huge new areas, continuing to expand on a world with endless possibilities.

FFXI to me is the greatest piece of art ever created. I hope dearly that no matter what they preserve it. If content updates must come to a halt for now than so be it, but I hope and pray they continue to maintain it, fix bugs and monitor the quality of life adjustments so that even if new things cannot be had, those we already love can be enhanced and enjoyed for many years to come. My life on this planet just like anyone else's is limited. One day, in such a short time we will be gone. I always had hope that given the age of technology we live in, until that day should come, Vana'Diel would always be there waiting on me. I don't see a reason why something built by man so incredible must "die" or "be forgotten" when things like the Mona Lisa and the Bible have lasted for thousands upon thousands of years, preserved and still loved by many. As silly as it may be in comparison again, we live in a digital age of technology, so I believe preserving something like Vana'Diel is very important. I think in not doing so it would go to prove that Square Enix cares only for a quick buck and nothing more, I guess as many differences as I've had with them over the years I have more faith in them than that.

Please preserve this beautiful thing you have created and all the dear memories so many people have within it that are so much more to them than just a game. You created something much more than you had imagined.
    (7)
    Last edited by Adventurer; 03-24-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Character
    Ultimulee
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 0
    Make chocobo raising easier please? 30 days to make something thats not used due to hp's and guides.

Let us raise em, armor them like af, call them in battle or something?
    (4)

Character
    Corvo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hey of your gonna remake ffxi for the ps4 can we get it for the Xbox one also please? I'll do dirty things for you
    (2)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverZero View Post
    Once the PS2/Xbox 360 versions cease to exist, how long do you plan to keep the PC version servers up and running?
    It is reasonable to assume the answer to this will be some variation on "as long as the revenue outweighs the costs, leading to a net profit coming from continued operation of FFXI, service will continue."
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

8. 03-24-2015 03:07 PM

Character
    Mooserocka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
    Hey of your gonna remake ffxi for the ps4 can we get it for the Xbox one also please? I'll do dirty things for you
    I think whoever posted that was as a joke.
    (0)

Character
    Corvo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The part about the Xbox one no but the dirty things being done yes I was joking (don't tell anyone though O_o
    (0)

Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    It is nice to see some like minded people on here, particularly Sayomi up above me. I would like to mirror those exact feelings completely and reiterate exactly what she said.

I began playing this game just months after it was released in North America, however many years ago that was. I was at a tough spot in my life then and have been in many tough spots in my life since. I've had to relocate around the country several times, had to leave my home where I grew up, but no matter what I always knew Vana'Diel was there. As silly as it may sound it felt more like a real home than any real place I've lived in my whole life. Furthermore, it enhanced my real life, it enhanced my view on the world and the beauty of both nature and exploration, things I never really appreciated before Vana'Diel. I will admit, I played for way too many hours a day for a good number of years, but then I figured out how to balance my life and FFXI together, once I did I enjoyed both much more. Wherever I worked, whatever I did, I always looked forward to going home and going back into Vana'Diel.

I remember all the friends that I made along the way. It chokes me up and almost brings me to tears just thinking about them. I do hope that with dropping the PS2 support and Xbox support that maybe now the Friends List can be uncapped and it would be really cool if we could see all the people we ever added or whoever was on our friends list. So many people I had to delete because of the 200 cap limit on the Friends List. I think back at what amazing friends I met on FFXI, the trials and tribulations we went through together, helping each other with missions and quests, gaining experience together in parties, fighting the big dragons and HNM's together. I lost contact with most of these friends and it hurts dearly, I truly miss them and I miss adventuring with them.

No other MMORPG can even begin to replicate what FFXI was. FFXI was to me much more than a game, it was an online world. One where like a true world, you had to really work hard at it but it could be done. One where adversity only strengthened the bonds and friendships you had made. One so expansive, with such rich lore, with such a well balanced story and back story that you truly felt you were not just a part of another world, but one more incredible than any other story has ever told. I've played FFXIV since the original Alpha. It's shiny, it's pretty, it has some fun points to it but it just feels like a game and it feels like it tries way too hard in certain aspects. I've played other MMORPG's, Aion, WoW, Lineage 2. They were fun and interesting but again, they felt like video games. Other MMORPG's always have felt confined, even FFXIV it feels so limited, but FFXI always had this feel like the horizon was only the beginning of another land, that there were so many places to discover, that the world had no limits and that endless possibilities were laid out before you. No other "game" has ever recreated that feeling for me.

Vana'Diel felt like something else, like another world I was blessed to be a part of and adventure in. It gave me hope, it inspired me and it made me believe there is more to life than meets the eyes. FFXI taught me how to feel things deeper within than I knew before hand or would have known on my own. Not a day goes by that I wish instead of redirecting their focus to a new game that Square Enix would have dropped whichever console support back then and done whatever they must to keep the world of Vana'Diel flourishing. A major graphics update, adding big expansions with huge new areas, continuing to expand on a world with endless possibilities.

FFXI to me is the greatest piece of art ever created. I hope dearly that no matter what they preserve it. If content updates must come to a halt for now than so be it, but I hope and pray they continue to maintain it, fix bugs and monitor the quality of life adjustments so that even if new things cannot be had, those we already love can be enhanced and enjoyed for many years to come. My life on this planet just like anyone else's is limited. One day, in such a short time we will be gone. I always had hope that given the age of technology we live in, until that day should come, Vana'Diel would always be there waiting on me. I don't see a reason why something built by man so incredible must "die" or "be forgotten" when things like the Mona Lisa and the Bible have lasted for thousands upon thousands of years, preserved and still loved by many. As silly as it may be in comparison again, we live in a digital age of technology, so I believe preserving something like Vana'Diel is very important. I think in not doing so it would go to prove that Square Enix cares only for a quick buck and nothing more, I guess as many differences as I've had with them over the years I have more faith in them than that.

Please preserve this beautiful thing you have created and all the dear memories so many people have within it that are so much more to them than just a game. You created something much more than you had imagined.
    Well said, but i don't think u need to worry about the servers shutting down for PC. They're a long way from that

But yeah the community on this game was always superior to any ORPG (i can't even bring myself to add "massively multiplayer") since then. Of course the endless WoW arcade mode clones is the reason for that. You hook up with up to 5 random ppl for some dungeon and the PT breaks the minute the boss is killed. I mean your "friends" won't even wait to raise you so you can get loot...i cannot imagine that happening in FFXI
    (0)

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast