Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

My response as to the reason why I posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by kylani View Post
    I'm confused by this note. I installed FFXI on my 8.1 laptop last December and also on a surface pro 3 a few weeks ago. It plays beautifully on the laptop and better than I expected on the Surface Pro without changing any windows legacy settings or anything else special that I can think of. I just installed, configured the display settings and joystick, and played. I thought it was easier than the past.
    There could have been some changes to the games mechanic's from the game creator's since I had problems to run the game Kylani as to why it worked so well for you or it could be just type of system you installed it on that allowed it to install easy. I hope you clicked on the link I provided as well?

I was just assuming the person I was responding to was having the same windows 8/8.1 problems I had to get the ffxi game to run on my windows 8.1 alienware 18 laptop from the pol viewer screen where upon hitting play ffxi an error message would pop up stating you need to have direct play installed to play this game. The windows 8/8.1 originally by default had Direct Play set/turned to off under its legacy settings where you had to go find it and click on the box next to it to put a checkmark into the box in order to turn it on.

Back when I having the problem to run the game on my laptop, I called SE's tech support without a ticket marker stating the problem as to the reason of my call and waited for at least an hour, maybe more for their response to my phone call but finally getting a person on the phone to respond telling them of my problem about it popping up the Needs to have Direct Play installed to play the ffxi game issue on my alienware laptop with windows 8.1, There response was sure its not recommended to play ffxi on windows 8 as it's not even made to run on windows 8 as of yet, so upon their wasting my time with calling in the first place, I went on a googling search to see what I could dig up on the problem that might fix the issue and also contacted an old ffxi player on my fb list which is good with knowledge to this type of stuff in which he directed me to the website link I have posted above and talked me through getting it to work but he had to know what type of set up my windows 8.1 was set up as for an operating system.

Just thought I'd add I dont play with a joystick, just my laptops keyboard as the software I've looked into in which allow me to use an very extremely old huge controller to play the game's softwares that i've looked into seemed to have a possibility to allow malware through it use of them.
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 03-21-2015 at 05:45 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone.

Thank you for all the questions regarding the Vana’diel Project.

The following is a comment from Producer Matsui.
    thank you for your Responce, im glad to see they will take some time to address things,

* Monstrosity
    * change to finally get More banish spells ( IV, V , gaIII IV)
    * will these mobile games be available to US market?
    * chance to get Automation gifts to use Tier VI nukes?
    (2)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

My ffxi Question's!

Will they ever allow us to be able to pearl sack our characters on the same account since as of now as far as I know it we arent able to log into both characters on the same account?

With the change to mobile coming will they allow a feature where you're able to be logged into the same character on two different devices at the same time such as your pc and mobile device to make it easy to be staying in the game with an easy switching from one device onto the other device?
    This would also allow us to pearl sack our other characters on the same account in which we are the leader to the ls with both/all characters on the same LS as well.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Will Monstrosity ever get any updates or content before NOV? Will there be ANY kind of content added after NOV at all?
    (1)

Character
    Pobleraud
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just something I haven't seen posted about yet: this seems to be the coming to and end of this game, but they are releasing this month the reforming of Empy gear. Why do this then announce the end of updates? Wonder if something else is planned. Who knows. Makes me wonder what to do now as I play on Xbox and own all Apple products at home. Sad day.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pobls View Post
    Just something I haven't seen posted about yet: this seems to be the coming to and end of this game, but they are releasing this month the reforming of Empy gear. Why do this then announce the end of updates? Wonder if something else is planned. Who knows. Makes me wonder what to do now as I play on Xbox and own all Apple products at home. Sad day.
    sounds like you will need to update the Xbox or buy another console. that said, an old windows PC, bought used is actually likely to run the game BETTER than a new one as there have been serious issues with this game and certain newer video cards, although certainly not always. but an XP or earlier system will not only run it, but run it without the need for backwards compatibility features.

which begs the question, will older versions of Windows also not be supported?

now, my REAL question is whether there will be new expansion packs in the future? In my opinion this is the best MMORPG out there, including SE's other products, and as things stand the day they unplug the servers is the day I quit gaming, entirely. Of course, a new product COULD come out between now and then, but 14 isn't it for me, so it will have to be an actual new product of the quality of 11. and I don't see anyone working on anything that remotely fits that description.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pobls View Post

Macintosh computers since the Intel changeover in 2006, are able to run Windows natively via Bootcamp. Buy a copy of Windows for about $100 and install it on your Mac. Thney haven't said which platforms their mobile FFXI client will be on, but iPhone/iPad is a good bet given their past track record, as well as Android. Windows Phone and RT are more of a mystery.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Terika
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95

FFXI Coming to an end?

I have been getting the news all day that you guys (SE), plan on getting rid of ffxi for good?! First Xbox, then you know what's going to happen.. pc players! You're going to make it into some freaken app or something! Is this true?!
    (0)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    FFXI Coming to an end?
    {I'm really "actually" hoping so, that it's coming to an end since i've found it hard to just move on from the game entirely to work on my social life to get it to back into being a healthy living social life again, to be honest.
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    why drop ps2 and 360 when you can just do a server marge and it dose the same thing. I just think its silly your loseing mostly whats left of your player base. the game is not going to last long on windows only how many people could be playing the windows only? + how much money you are going to lose.
    (1)

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast