Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Ideas for new Job structure & more armor

Hello Square-Enix Staff,

I have ideas for two major overhaus that I wanted to share with both SE and the community.

Instead of two jobs, ("mainjob" & "subjob"), there would be Three jobs. The new structure would define your jobs as "Primary Job", "Secondary Job" and "Auxiliary Job". The three job levels would be 99, 49 and the new auxiliary would cap at 24.

Just off the top of my head, setups like these sound nice:

Ninja & Samurai
    1. 99NIN/49SAM/24THF
    2. 99NIN/49SAM/24DNC
    3. 99SAM/49NIN/24THF
    4. 99SAM/49NIN/24DNC

Black Mage & White Mage
    1. 99BLM/49WHM/24SCH
    2. 99BLM/49SCH/24WHM
    3. 99WHM/49BLM/24SCH
    4. 99WHM/49SCH/24BLM

Next, the amount of rings that you can wear would go from two to four. Their setup would look like this:

Left Hand
    Pinkie Finger = Ring 1
    Ring Finger = Ring 2

Right Hand
    Pinkie Finger = Ring 3
    Ring Finger = Ring 4

Would these radical new job & armor arrangements be something that's just given to you or would it be something that has to be unlocked via a mission or quest (or perhaps a combination of both)? That's something I'd leave up to Square-Enix to decide.

I look forward to everybody's feedback on this issue.

Best regards,
    Bill N.
    Long Island, New York
    (0)
    Last edited by Billnes; 03-18-2015 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Fix typos & spelling errors

Character
    Ironisland
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've always like the idea of having tertiary jobs, but I wonder how much it would mess with game balance. If we ever get a third job to sub, I'd love to see the addition of a third macro bar (CTRL+ALT) to compensate for additional job abilities. I know my BLU especially struggles with two bars, so I've taken to using the page above and below my "main" two bars for additional macros.
    (2)