Character
    Autopatch
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Save Settings File feature not saving Equipment Set Macro

Thread Title: Backup and Restore of character settings to server does not backup Equipment Set Macros.
    Platform: Windows
    ISP: Time Warner Cable
    Type of Internet Connection: DOCSIS 3.0
    Internet Connection Speed: 300Mbps/30Mbps
    Date & Time: 3/17/2015 between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM PST
    Frequency: 1. Always
    Character Name: Autopatch, Maarta, Caerie
    Race: ElvaanM, ElvaanF, Mithra
    World: Asura
    Main Job: THF
    Support Job: DNC
    Area and Coordinates: N/A
    Party or Solo: N/A
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None

Steps:

Tested today on the latest version of the PC client. Logged into the original PC where the equipment macros were created. From the character selection screen chose Shift-Cntl-Alt-B to backup the settings file to the server. Selected Yes. Received "Settings Saved" confirmation dialog box. (Note: Only one character's settings file can be stored on the server at one time in the PC client, even if there is more than one character on the character selection screen.)

Moved to second machine with clean install of current FFXI client. At the character selection screen chose Shift-Cntl-Alt-R and confirmed loading of character's settings file from the server. Received success dialog.

Logged in as character and verified that Macros were present however Macro Equipment Sets were still at the default settings. The Equipment Set Macros did not transfer.

Tested again by creating a equipment set in the new environment. Logged out, retrieved the settings from the server again on the character selection screen using Shift-Cntl-Alt-R.

The test equipment set macro was not overwritten.

It appears that when Macro Equipment Set functionality was introduced that provisions were not made to update the backup and restore of settings to also transfer these new type of macros.
    (0)
    Last edited by autopatch; 03-18-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I believe this is not a bug, but a feature.

I have a faint recollection of it being mentioned in an official post, too, but that could easily be false. I do think they simply haven't (yet) extended the save feature to Equipment Sets.

In any case, I do hope it is being worked upon! ^^

Edit:

Darn, it just got moved as I was replying! Well, on the off-chance you'll read this edit...

Yeah, it's definitely a valid enhancement request, and it will probably be a good idea to post about it on the other forums here, where the community representatives forward things from. That said, I'm fairly certain this is already in the works, or so I maybe hope at least!

As for being forced, since you used that word, I will say that Linux is an option, too! Heh, I do realise it is certainly not an option for many, but well, for some it is!

I do not remember there being more than one slot to save settings to server-side, but there are a few more to save locally. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of? (You can select them by pressing 'down' while selecting the slot, though I'm thinking this is not what you were thinking of.)

As for doing a clean install, it is possible to copy over the data files after the installation process has completed. This will not only have the old settings move over, but likely cut off a bunch of update time! ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-18-2015 at 08:37 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Autopatch
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'll consider it an enhancement request since there are 100 Equipment Set macros and transferring them by hand when upgrading machines is a pain. Particularly with Microsoft dropping support for Windows 7 licenses, people are going to be forced to upgrade to Windows 8 or Windows 10 which in my case caused me to do a clean install.

It's also surprising that you have to do one character at a time; I thought there used to functionality where there was more than one slot available on the server.
    (0)