Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You can easily test the theory. Do a fresh install and try to play it without updating first.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    I suggest that all non minors/non AA people on the servers get drunk the last saturday of every comming month and redo old content for giggles, that would be a fitting goodbye.
    I've always said they day they shut the servers down I would go to every area of the game and end on Misreaux Coast by the waterfall, because that's where I wanted my character to retire...
    (1)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm fairly sure FFXI will be around a very long time, if anyone remembers that time before ToAH where it was just log in, and do meh all day with just occasional balence updates, even After ToAH before WoTG was the same long wait. PC isn't even an issue these days any pc can run XI, a toaster with LCD screen probably could.
    (0)
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    It's very unlikely for SE to shut down FFXI servers due to the lack of active players in the near future. FFXI is an FF MMO, SE seems to manage FF MMO titles differently from how western/Asian game companies treat their MMO titles.

Remember how SE kept FFXIV 1.0 servers up for entire year and remade the entire game just because....it's an FF MMO. This is something Western/Asian game companies usually won't do, since other companies often treat their MMO titles like money generator.

I bet FFXI would get a PS3/PS4 or Vita port(Like Nobunga's ambition online, which is almost as old as FFXI) before server shuts down.

Just my 2 cents, I could be wrong
    I guess I was right about keeping FFXI alive....except I wasn't expecting a mobile version lol.
    (0)

Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayomi View Post
    I'm fairly sure FFXI will be around a very long time, if anyone remembers that time before ToAH where it was just log in, and do meh all day with just occasional balence updates, even After ToAH before WoTG was the same long wait. PC isn't even an issue these days any pc can run XI, a toaster with LCD screen probably could.
    WoTG release was so empty, it's when most of my original LS quit. Really from end of ToA to abyssea was a huge void in which it *seemed* nothing worthwhile would be added again. If you ask me, the bigger concern in terms of ppl quitting will come before next march. I see again the signs of boredom before this announcement was made, my last good friend from 75 era quit last month too, so i doubt the "finale" updates will hold people over for 2 month interval. Now is the need for better gear and new challenges

But clearly SE reached a point of not caring about vertical progression
    (0)

Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. This news makes me Angry... Very angry. I know this game can't go on forever, and I know that the 360 is on it's way out. But for the love... WTF a Mobile Game? It's a cool concept, by why would I want to play something like that on a mobile device when I'm at home. I want to play on the Video Game Console that I bought for gaming. I'm okay with them ending support for those 2 consoles, if there was a way that I could continue to play on the next gen that I have. After playing FF14 on the PS3 then going to PS4, I was floored at the drastic changes that were visible. The PS4 already has 1 FF MMO, It can handle the graphical changes for a game like this, and it'll open up to the instant DL Market. HD Remake is something that I'm sure people would get back into, even in they had to start over.
    The kind of remake that would do justice to PS4 would cost tens of millions...It's one thing to do a texture 'enhancement' like FFX HD, but start going into skeletal facial features etc, in a way it's like making a new game and from SE point of view, 14 v1 was the intended HD remake. We're fortunate the release for 14 failed miserably, or support for 11 would've died long ago, i suspect SoA wouldn't even exist
    (0)

Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I agree, there wouldn't be much point adding AF3 reforged, Vagary, and whole new Expansion with new areas and missions and rewards, if the game was then going to shut down six months or a year later. Given that it can take casual players a year to clear mission lines.

And the thing is, everyone I speak to in FFxi says they will keep paying subs anyway, even if FFxi becomes "Han Solo'd" frozen mode, on the shelf. My friends will keep playing it and paying for it, so long as it is online and not bug-ridden. If that is a demographic, then SE have every reason to just keep the game floating in limbo indefinitely, like a virtual museum lol. It is called Nostalgia Gaming, some fans will just play their favourite classic games until the keyboard is just a pile of dust.
    They're saying that now with the "finale" coming. Ask them in december if they feel the same way

There's a lot of variables though. At the very least, some servers will need merging because "nostalgia gaming" in an MMO with no one to play with doesn't make much sense
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think everyone is overreacting to them saying there won't be any major updates. There are still going to be minor updates. So expect to see the same sort of updates you have over the last year. Stuff like reused old nms for unity, mog gardens, new high teir battlefields, ect. Also the developers might even change their mind about there being no more expansions. I vaguely remember them saying that Wings of the Goddess would be the last expansion too, but even if they do start working on the next expansion, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to tell the players that. Pretty much as soon as seekers came out they were getting hounded for when the next expansion would come out. I can't imagine how annoying that must be.
    (3)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I think everyone is overreacting to them saying there won't be any major updates. There are still going to be minor updates. So expect to see the same sort of updates you have over the last year. Stuff like reused old nms for unity, mog gardens, new high teir battlefields, ect. Also the developers might even change their mind about there being no more expansions. I vaguely remember them saying that Wings of the Goddess would be the last expansion too, but even if they do start working on the next expansion, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to tell the players that. Pretty much as soon as seekers came out they were getting hounded for when the next expansion would come out. I can't imagine how annoying that must be.
    They said they would apply bug fixes and balance updates. I doubt that means adding new NMS or battle content.
    (1)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ive been a long time player sence pc and dial up only ....three merges later and 13 years....burned up 3 towers and 1 laptop playing this game...now it ends? Well ill make sure nvr to invest in another SE game again if i have to purchase another laptop/tower to play it will not happen....i play on xbox because some of the people ive played with in the past needed a microphone as they couldnt type id like to have seen wat la theine looked lik in the crystal wars ...well said my say if FFXI ends my RDM that ive worked on though the years dies also my gamer tag will be all thats left Elqplau gone forever
    (1)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast