Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Whisperingwind
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I do agree with you that they are probably checking out the money spent on mules that people hire for mogbonanza or even just login shanks etc.

However re; Cash Shop / Inhouse RMT, ie. legalised real money trading, dollars for ingame currencies / gear / progress, might have some drawbacks, SE also need to consider how many people would close their FFXI accounts entirely if a Cash Shop arrived. A lot of people despise RMT, and only accept it grudgingly because it is illegal and not sanctioned. But if a Cash Shop arrived, selling currencies or high value gear or progress, this would upset quite a few purists who have never bought gil, and believe that the only way to progress in a game is to play the game. My friends are firmly in this camp, they are roleplayers and see external cash-injections into the virtual character's world, as an unnatural and corrosive factor in online roleplaying games.

Obviously the selling of fancy fun stuff and costumes, things like Tidal Talisman etc. is totally OK, it is just the currencies/serious gear/progress that might cause issues.

I am not going to say anything about my own opinions, because I have now learned that I will just get flamed for that, but I do think that for every person who likes the Cash Shop there may well be a few others who don't like it, and a few who might even /unsubscribe, if currency/gear/progress goes on sale.
    Seeing as they're ending updates in 7 months and cutting ps2/xbox AFTER that, i highly doubt that they will care one way or the other. They may go f2p/cash shop as subs really drop a year from now, or just merge into 1 server and keep the sub fee until the game dies off. I doubt it will be financially driven so much as PR driven
    (0)

Character
    Shadowbringer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I have been a loyal ffxi player since it was released on Xbox 360,I own ffxiv too and to me ffxi has something about it that's made me and no doubt lots of other Xbox players put much time into it.now today I learn that services are going to be stopped on it,I think this is a mistake because your going to be losing lots of loyal players and servers will be even less populated,lot of people have friends on ffxi on different formats that they will lose too.SE please re-consider this decision and other players out there that agree with me speak up too,we have put many years of hard work into this and it's a shame for it to come to an end like this.its not just the game we lose,it's the friends we made too.keep the game going on all formats and let everyone enjoy the future content together please.
    (2)

DAMNIT ! I don't want to have to learn how to play 14 and watch as 11 dies WTF!!! I trio box in USA with 2 xbox and 1 laptop
    (1)

Character
    Urzla
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

so sad

i feel like crying. no more content updates after this year just sucks.

I really wish they would remake this game on a new engine.
    with the same job system and battle systems they are perfect in my opinion.

I wish thats what they would of done with FFXIV.

i donno what else to say im just heart broken.
    (5)

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This certainly does bring the term "orz" back from the dead.
    (0)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by urzla View Post
    i feel like crying. no more content updates after this year just sucks.

I really wish they would remake this game on a new engine.
    with the same job system and battle systems they are perfect in my opinion.

I wish thats what they would of done with FFXIV.

i donno what else to say im just heart broken.
    Yea, it's sad. But at least it will keep running indefinitely, until everyone leaves completely lol. Also, they have been pumping out content faster than I can collect gear. It was kind of making me think twice about devoting time toward certain gear. This would now leave a solid path for me for a few years at least. By then, who knows where I/we will be personally as well as where Final Fantasy will be. Maybe another MMO aside from FFXIV will be in the works.

The game can't run forever, they would at least need to remaster the whole thing at some point (i don't count ffxiv as being this).
    (0)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't even play pet jobs but I hope they turn BST, PUP, and SMN into godmode for this.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Avina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 85
    I've been behind for years--and there is still so much I want to do. As long as I get to do it all, and have the time to do it, I'll be happy.

If the PC version will remain alive for some time, thatI's fine with me. What I fear is them trying to replace the PC version with this mobile thing--which given this company's reputation, will surely flop.

I'm less worried about there not being anymore content. I think with the new stuff we'll be getting, if its done well--well, it could be nice. I pretty much hate FFXIV. It just feels like a game that doesn't take itself seriously--and the FATE system is dumb. I don't see myself sticking with XIV without XI around. XIV is my distraction, XI is my love.

The whole thing though just seems extremely strange. We're told on some level that they are sunsetting FFXI. But then we're told this native app is on the way... its a weird thing to say "we're not developing this anymore" and then say "but we're making a massive undertaking to push it to mobile." I don't really understand.

FFXI Grandmasters looked alright honestly. Too bad SE says no NA region version--because making less money makes tons of sense.
    (2)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I recently started having issues where expanding/trying to change chat windows on my chat log crashes me to desktop. It's actually pretty game breaking, and I haven't been able to get any help solving it, so I'm done. It feels like a punch in the gut to just stop playing so suddenly but I've always preferred to have the proverbial band aid ripped off fast, rather than a slow, painful process.

With a wide variety of games coming out for consoles in the next few months, FFXI would only serve to distract me from giving these games the attention they deserve anyway.
    {Take care} XI community.
    (1)

I hate to put this out there but one reason they may be getting rid of the 360 is because they (Microsoft) maybe be cutting Xbox live service some time in 2016 and this is their way of subtlety giving us a heads up. If that is the case I don't know what the heck Microsoft is thinking and if that's not the case I don't know what SE is thinking.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast