Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Before my account become inactive...

My subscription ends soon, so before leaving, i need to know something. Can we consider on eliminating the random factor in obtaining augments entierly and make them progressive instead?
    • Theres like 5-6 weapons, and around 5-6 FULL ARMOR SETS I like to create from skirmish, because those augments are appealling. But I refuse to do them based on randomness.
    (4)

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    My subscription ends soon, so before leaving, i need to know something. Can we consider on eliminating the random factor in obtaining augments entierly and make them progressive instead?
    • Theres like 5-6 weapons, and around 5-6 FULL ARMOR SETS I like to create from skirmish, because those augments are appealling. But I refuse to do them based on randomness.
    Nah then everyone will have the same augments.
    (0)

3. 03-17-2015 01:51 AM

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We have the delve stuff with straight upgrade paths and we have the skirmish stuff with randomized upgrade paths. I don't really see the problem here. If you're quitting purely because you hate RNG (or becuase it hates you, i know that feeling) then you're going to have a hard time finding a good enjoyable RPG to play- virtually every game has some RNG somewhere.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    We have the delve stuff with straight upgrade paths and we have the skirmish stuff with randomized upgrade paths. I don't really see the problem here. If you're quitting purely because you hate RNG (or becuase it hates you, i know that feeling) then you're going to have a hard time finding a good enjoyable RPG to play- virtually every game has some RNG somewhere.
    Not sure about other MMORPG (FFXI is my first and last), but comparing with an RPG that plays offline isnt a good comparison.

Resources obtained, time and effort dedicated to obtain such reward is vastly different from FFXI in comparison to those other RPGs (Also the loopholes in some games like having to shut down the game for another chance to obtain a different reward).
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not sure about other MMORPG (FFXI is my first and last), but comparing with an RPG that plays offline isnt a good comparison.

Resources obtained, time and effort dedicated to obtain such reward is vastly different from FFXI in comparison to those other RPGs (Also the loopholes in some games like having to shut down the game for another chance to obtain a different reward).
    I'm speaking about the entire genre. MMOs are the worst offenders though. WoW, FFXIV, Rift, GW2, you name it, they all have content that has RNG in it.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Honestly, the new skirmish augments is a bit too much. Old skirmish was fine, random augment but just the one stone. But now you need 3 different kinds of stones per piece you want to augment. And for some jobs (melee), it can get ridiculously expensive. I've spent around 25mil trying to upgrade the acro pieces (and a couple of others) and so far I have ONE piece of gear with the desired augments. The others aren't even close. Other people, with more gil and patience than me, have spent a lot more.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Honestly, the new skirmish augments is a bit too much. Old skirmish was fine, random augment but just the one stone. But now you need 3 different kinds of stones per piece you want to augment. And for some jobs (melee), it can get ridiculously expensive. I've spent around 25mil trying to upgrade the acro pieces (and a couple of others) and so far I have ONE piece of gear with the desired augments. The others aren't even close. Other people, with more gil and patience than me, have spent a lot more.
    The new Skirmish augment system blows the old one away. Granted, a lot of that is because of how terrible the old system was (PDT -1% with a Wailing +1 was infuriating). But at least with Alluvion augments you have much greater control over they type of augment, plus you can get reasonable augments with lower quality stones. Not to say that the system is great but I just don't think it can be argued that at least it's better than old Skirmish.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    So i gave chance in trying to get some augments for my alluvion weapons, and I'm not amused. Getting any of the augments I want on Izunas are nonexistent. Is there such an augment as Critical Hit Rate/Damage for Izunas? Either way, this definitely isn't convincing me to come back and pay for monthly subscription.

I get the feeling that the Yakuzas are behind this and spread this gambling influence.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 05-19-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Randomness isn't inherently all bad. If you are leaving (and/or already left and just playing during this free time period) this game because you can't stand randomness, than you will hate every MMORPG ever created, because all of them have random components.

If they made all the augments 100% directly chooseable by the player, they'd have to make them much more difficult to obtain, otherwise players would obtain them too fast.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-19-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    It's not melee that it gets ridiculously expensive for, it's the hybrid jobs. RDM is by far the most expensive being on three different sets and wanting specialized augments. I have used about 400 mil in augmenting stones to get 20/20 acc/att or macc/mab with snow stones on all pieces, INT/STR/DEX stats, enhancing duration, and by far the most expensive part was getting 5/5 phalanx +3 augment.

In some ways I like it, and in some ways I don't. While I like some of the unique augments we are able to get, I don't like that the best gear in the game is easily achieved and all it requires is luck/effort and almost no skill whatsoever.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast