Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I've received gear drops from those fights on Normal level. The drop rate is lower, but not nonexistent.

Have you considered this option: live without the item you want? I know that nowadays the sense of entitlement is pretty strong. "Shiny thing exists. I want shiny thing. Give me shiny thing! It is my right!", but SE gave these fights tiered difficulty for a reason.

Is there any MMORPG anywhere that just lets you have all the best stuff without effort? Or should you maybe play a linear solo offline game?
    What you saying they should keep it like that while players are declining, With out players it become a solo play just like any other mmo out there.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manux View Post
    What you saying they should keep it like that while players are declining, With out players it become a solo play just like any other mmo out there.
    It's been like that for over 10 years, with probably the last 5 alone having server numbers like we're having now. Game seems to be doing fine.
    (0)

3. 03-17-2015 11:15 AM

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've received gear drops from those fights on Normal level. The drop rate is lower, but not nonexistent.

Have you considered this option: live without the item you want? I know that nowadays the sense of entitlement is pretty strong. "Shiny thing exists. I want shiny thing. Give me shiny thing! It is my right!", but SE gave these fights tiered difficulty for a reason.

Is there any MMORPG anywhere that just lets you have all the best stuff without effort? Or should you maybe play a linear solo offline game?
    Who said anything about wanting stuff without effort? The OP isn't even being given the opportunity to attempt the fight, in order to have a chance at the item. They could shout all day and not get a single response due to the high high cost of the KI, and the general disinterest in the content. You are missing the entire point with your statement- lots of unique and useful gear exists in this game that only a fraction of the playerbase has access to. FFXI is the only game that does this, and it's the only game where you would even want outdated gear because most of it can be used situationally unlike other MMO's where once you get to the next tier you don't look back.

That all being said, OP not sure if you are in an active Linkshell or not, but this is an MMO, and the general idea is to do content with a group. I'm sure you know this, and if your LS is unwilling to help out, you may want to consider looking for another one.
    (1)

Character
    Jassik
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Or you could always, you know, make some friends.
    (4)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    Who said anything about wanting stuff without effort? The OP isn't even being given the opportunity to attempt the fight, in order to have a chance at the item.
    Sure he is. You can enter these fights solo. Of course you really can't win them. You can do them on lower difficulty levels so that your requirements for job and skill aren't as rigid. But this isn't good enough for the OP who wants the DIFFICULT level fights to be made easier. Did you see the earlier posts? He's intentionally crippling his efforts by doing content with a selective job and skill requirement.

Here's another thing about doing /yells. It requires everyone to drop what they're doing, for an undetermined amount of time, and do your thing. I'm in a very active linkshell. A linkshell so active that on weekends we hit the 64 man limit and people can't enter linkshell (primarily because 3/4 of the members don't know how to use the /logout function). Yet we have had a fair number of people who complain that they can't get anything done because nobody will help them. I never log on to this game to sit around and watch the yells or wait around to see who needs something. Yet if I responded to even 1/3 of the requests for help, I'd do nothing but repeat content all day long and never have a minute for myself.
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sure he is. You can enter these fights solo. Of course you really can't win them. You can do them on lower difficulty levels so that your requirements for job and skill aren't as rigid. But this isn't good enough for the OP who wants the DIFFICULT level fights to be made easier. Did you see the earlier posts? He's intentionally crippling his efforts by doing content with a selective job and skill requirement.

Here's another thing about doing /yells. It requires everyone to drop what they're doing, for an undetermined amount of time, and do your thing. I'm in a very active linkshell. A linkshell so active that on weekends we hit the 64 man limit and people can't enter linkshell (primarily because 3/4 of the members don't know how to use the /logout function). Yet we have had a fair number of people who complain that they can't get anything done because nobody will help them. I never log on to this game to sit around and watch the yells or wait around to see who needs something. Yet if I responded to even 1/3 of the requests for help, I'd do nothing but repeat content all day long and never have a minute for myself.
    Yeah yell/shout does suck. I've only ever responded to one where I needed something from it (i.e. selfish). But my time is limited, and I can't sit around waiting for hours for a party to form, just to take a dirt nap because no one really knew what they were doing.

My LS is active too, but no one is really ever doing these fights. SE was retarded to put them at 20 merits, as it puts them on the same level as DM2, which they certainly aren't. DM2 you can get 5 loot pools of gear. Lower them to 10 merits, and people will do them.

From what I've heard you can't even solo these fights on very easy either, so you absolutely must have a group. (unless I heard wrong)
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    From what I've heard you can't even solo these fights on very easy either, so you absolutely must have a group. (unless I heard wrong)
    Nearly all of the merit fights have been soloed on E and N, with some even being beaten on D solo. Most are viewable on Youtube if you have any doubts.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Time to admit (imo) the game doesn't have the popularity/population to sustain the 3 --> 6 man mindset anymore.

Its not a bad thing, it natural for this games age...I love ffxi in a lot of ways but honestly its time they realize that all content needs to be offered as solo --->6man.

There are still some active ls and groups that have been around forever!!..but just as many that play solo or as a duo with a family member or friend. To pretend otherwise is just being...blind

The more ppl they can keep, the better, no matter how they need to adapt it.

Scale all content and remove the min. entry

The game is so far from what it used to be that they need to allow solo entry/completion for everything as well as group participation in a scaled environment!

At this stage of ffxi's life its better to adapt ALL the players you do have left and offer content to suit everyone.

agree or disagree is fine, but this suggestion is the best thing for this game 10yrs +
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2