Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    The rep response implies that, while it's not possible now, it may be in the future. We all know that doesn't always pan out. Hence why I'm interested in some assurances that it will happen rather than might.

I'm also assuming that's the video of someone completely destroying a delve NM with Flaming Crush? It does sort of demonstrate how bizarre blood pacts can be. The fact remains that in any sane scenario, that's impossible, and that sort of behaviour is clearly unintended. It doesn't mean blood pacts don't need some help still.
    I have to disagree with you here. If you look at the video you will see that the SMN did not achieve those fantastic damage numbers solo - it required teamwork. Geo was using the proper buffs to boost the BP damage. Run was using Ignus + Gambit to boost BP damage. Healer was using Dia II on mob. The RUN & SMN were skillchaining together. You will notice the RUN turns away from the NM to avoid feeding it TP. This prevents the group from getting Paralyzed, or amnesia or any other detrimental effect (the subject of this thread). The SMN uses Cait sith at one point to reduce the TP of the NM to zero to ensure it does not get off a single TP move.

This is *exactly* what SE intended - people working together to boost the damage of favorable trait or ability in the group. This is where many NA groups fall short - everyone is focused on boosting their own damage only, spamming their own WS, no coordination or teamwork. The every man for himself "works" .. but is clearly not as elegant or efficient as the teamwork solution.
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Oh, I certainly agree with you that teamwork is what we should all be striving for. Working together seamlessly is what makes this game so much fun at times. I was talking more about the specifics involved in that particular video - did the developers envisage SMN (or indeed any job capable of dealing damage) being able to do that sort of thing, even with all the support set up perfectly? I suspect not. They certainly want us to use all the tools at our disposal, but I can't believe that two-shotting mega bosses with four people is what SE expects us to do. It is an extremely impressive feat though - please don't mistake my skepticism for a lack of admiration!
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    While I do think BP timer should be fixed - this video puts things in perspective as far as SMN bloodpacts.
    And that is literally the only blood pact that can achieve anything close to that, so don't believe otherwise.

Not to mention, extremely stacked conditions, with an ergon weapon, a mythic, the best summoner gear available, and more.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-19-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    And that is literally the only blood pact that can achieve anything close to that, so don't believe otherwise.

Not to mention, extremely stacked conditions, with an ergon weapon, a mythic, the best summoner gear available, and more.
    Most (possibly all) jobs need even more support than that to put out that kind of damage. Standard DDs still need a bunch of songs/rolls/buffs to do that content. It's just different buffs.

I still think it's fine for summoner to do that. I'd even be okay with them having more ways to do it.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2