Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Could you address BP cooldown being wasted and put on full CD when it happens?

There are quite a few reasons why a BP timer would be wasted, sleep, stun, terror, a mob dying after use but before it goes off, your pet dying before it goes off, etc. I'm sure people could list more.

Perhaps treat it in the same way as a paralyzed spell if it does not go off? Maybe give SMN a new job trait that shortens BP recast if it does not activate? I don't know, those are just suggestions. This has bugged me for a long time.

Even with the bp timer reduction gear that exists now, I still think it's unfair when it happens, especially considering how important BP's are to the job.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mookies75; 03-17-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    this... quality of life for sure
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The range issue has already been addressed, if you receive an 'out of range' message you can use your BP again immediately.

A lot of those issues would be helped, not fixed entirely mind you, by speeding up the BP charge time. Which is exactly what they are going to do in the next update.

As it stands it is treated exactly like when a spell gets paralyzed, it sets the recast time just as if you had successfully cast it, the only difference is that most spells have a very short recast time, especially with the currently high amounts of haste and fast cast that most spellcasters get.

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly how you feel, just the other day I fought AA MR on SMN and 9 times out of 10 she would use Havoc Spiral just as my avatar was readying a BP, and it frustrated the hell out of me.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    The range issue has already been addressed, if you receive an 'out of range' message you can use your BP again immediately.

A lot of those issues would be helped, not fixed entirely mind you, by speeding up the BP charge time. Which is exactly what they are going to do in the next update.

As it stands it is treated exactly like when a spell gets paralyzed, it sets the recast time just as if you had successfully cast it, the only difference is that most spells have a very short recast time, especially with the currently high amounts of haste and fast cast that most spellcasters get.

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly how you feel, just the other day I fought AA MR on SMN and 9 times out of 10 she would use Havoc Spiral just as my avatar was readying a BP, and it frustrated the hell out of me.
    Didn't realize they fixed the out of range thing. I tend to be extremely careful not to use it if out of range. That's cool.

Paralyzed spells can be recast almost immediately, paralyzed JA receive the full CD as if used, the only exception being 1hr abilities which follow the spell rules. Check the wiki, check in game.

My main concerns are Stun, Sleep, Stone, Terror, Death of mob, death of avatar. Things along those lines. I'm not 100% sure you get the full timer on a para'd bp rage/ward so I'll leave that out for now, I shall check when I get some time.

I'm not sure how much they intend to speed up the cast time, but there are tons of instances where these negative effects are spammed with impunity. So it will have to be pretty much instant if it's going to be a viable fix.

Also knowing that they were able to fix the out of range issue with BP timers, It seems to me that it would be pretty easy to implement the same fix for the situations I mentioned as a safety net.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mookies75; 03-17-2015 at 09:25 PM.

The only good thing is that if you aren't Paralyzed but the avatar is then you don't have to worry about the BP. But the Death of Mobs/Avatar, Stun, Amnesia, etc. REALLY slows use down.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Adjustments to make it so the recast timer does not activate when Blood Pacts are not executed properly would be at the level of creating an entirely new ability, and we won't be able to address this at the moment.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While it is nice to see developers finally recognise this issue, I would like serious, concrete assurances that this won't be yet another thing that just falls by the wayside.

I'm going to be honest here. Summoners have consistently had to be patient when it comes to having glaring job deficiencies fixed. Things have improved but there are still parts of the jobs that are just broken. Not undesirable or weak - broken. BP timers being wasted has been a thorn in our side for such a long time, and it's only getting worse with the introduction of AoE stun additional effect melee swings and near instant cast sleepga/breakga/etc.

This kind of bug fix, that can significantly affect the operation of the primary functionality of a job, should be addressed as a priority. I understand the work to fix this might be significant, and thus might need to wait for already scheduled work to be completed, but it needs to happen. Can we please get some information to give us something to hope for?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    I would like serious, concrete assurances that this won't be yet another thing that just falls by the wayside.
    I'm pretty sure he just told you that it has fallen by the wayside. Where did you get any idea otherwise?
    (2)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    While I do think BP timer should be fixed - this video puts things in perspective as far as SMN bloodpacts.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I'm pretty sure he just told you that it has fallen by the wayside. Where did you get any idea otherwise?
    we won't be able to address this at the moment
    The rep response implies that, while it's not possible now, it may be in the future. We all know that doesn't always pan out. Hence why I'm interested in some assurances that it will happen rather than might.

I'm also assuming that's the video of someone completely destroying a delve NM with Flaming Crush? It does sort of demonstrate how bizarre blood pacts can be. The fact remains that in any sane scenario, that's impossible, and that sort of behaviour is clearly unintended. It doesn't mean blood pacts don't need some help still.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast