Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

March update and enmity

Will we be seeing an update to enmity caps, or a possible removal of the caps in the March update?

I feel this is something that needs to be looked at and adjusted. Tanks should not be losing threat unless a DD specifically does something to warrant said threat. It shouldn't be based off a cap nor should DDs strats revolve around things like turning (except on hate drop mechanics) or throwing relics rangers at everything or stuff like conspirator considering how fast another DD job can hit cap, especially thief. I shouldn't have to as a DD carry around full PDT sets because I know that I will be tanking due to caps (though I do anyways).

This isn't fun game play. At least to many people I know, I shouldn't speak for everyone. I should be able to bring a job like PLD to ALL content and not worry about something bouncing around between all the DDs and me.

DD jobs keep getting more and more powerful, but nothing is changing with enmity. It's making it not only hard to be a tank, but hard to enjoy being a DD. I still do enjoy it none-the-less, but I think about how much fun it would be if I didn't have to worry about ripping every WS I do or repeated multi-hits.
    (4)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I doubt they will have enough time to address this issue before the upcoming update, but I also agree that there needs to be adjustment to the enmity situation. I don't think it's feasible to remove the caps because the values stored for it can only go so high. An easier solution might be to look into how enmity is calculated.
    (1)

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    or introduce threat meter for pld and the group party to see.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE still seems to believe that no changes to the enmity system are needed even as damage outputs have increased by several orders of magnitude and all dps are at or near cap hate all the time unless they hold back a LOT.
    (0)

Character
    Jassik
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Do you think anyone would go back to standard party setups even if they fixed enmity? As long as mp is unlimited and DD's can survive, nobody will choose to take longer to accomplish the same end. Simple party checklist: can DD's survive... Yes, bring SAM... No, PLD/RNG start...
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't think a threat meter would help the problem at hand. I can tell when I have 20k total enmity without a bar. The problem is enmity builds too fasts, and is near impossible to get rid of without using an ability to remove it, or dying. If DDs backed off enough to not be capped on enmity then they wouldn't do enough damage before timing out. I say to prevent this from needing adjusted in the future the formula for determine cumulative enmity for damage dealt should be based around how much total hp the target has rather than some hypothetical 240 delay sword at the targets level.

That being said I wouldn't mind having a threat meter though. It sounds like a useful tool for knowing when to use abilities like enmity douse. Libra could just do something useful instead like display basically a /checkparam of the target.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I've got it! Increased enmity decay food!
    But make sure it also has acc and attack on it, or it probably won't be worth it.
    (1)

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    I've got it! Increased enmity decay food!
    But make sure it also has acc and attack on it, or it probably won't be worth it.
    Yeah thats a good idea but only will buy if it makes a big difference.
    Also I would rather prefer it as an ability for PLD since its a tank class or make Sentinel decay after the next Sentinel recast so that we only need to provoke it once or flash it once to take back hate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Manux; 03-16-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The only way adding an ability to pld would work is if it took enmity away from other players like accomplice, or added enmity to a third category that takes total enmity up above 20k. The reason tanks can't hold hate is because everyone apart from relic rngs doing anything will have capped cumulative and volatile enmity. If everyone is capped everyone's total enmity is equal so the person targeted by the target is the person to make the last aggressive action to it, like hitting it. When I do something like an AA fight on thf I don't even use sneak attack. All my weaponskills are done with trick attack on the pld, and I still cap hate with just auto attacks. Even with losing enmity from shadows, status effects, and having my hp thrown into the red I pull hate with auto attacks. That is how bad the enmity situation is.
    (2)

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    The only way adding an ability to pld would work is if it took enmity away from other players like accomplice, or added enmity to a third category that takes total enmity up above 20k. The reason tanks can't hold hate is because everyone apart from relic rngs doing anything will have capped cumulative and volatile enmity. If everyone is capped everyone's total enmity is equal so the person targeted by the target is the person to make the last aggressive action to it, like hitting it. When I do something like an AA fight on thf I don't even use sneak attack. All my weaponskills are done with trick attack on the pld, and I still cap hate with just auto attacks. Even with losing enmity from shadows, status effects, and having my hp thrown into the red I pull hate with auto attacks. That is how bad the enmity situation is.
    u got a point
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast