Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

VNM System Outside of Abyssea

I'd like to discuss why the same treatment of Abyssea VNMs should be applied to those in regular zones, as well.

With the latest crafting changes, this content is more relevant than it has been in years. Yet it remains exceptionally counter-intuitive. As irritating and time-consuming as the Abyssea VNM system was, this one is actually far worse. While home points and survival guides have helped with navigation, we still have massive maps to traverse. Unlike Abyssea, we cannot use a flux to teleport to specific locations in order to find our NMs.

Then, when they are found, we need to rely on luck for upgrades. While writing this, I am currently 0/24 on clear abyssite NMs for an upgrade on this specific run. Another issue arises once the T3 is finally attained. Unlike Abyssea T3s, the item drop is not guaranteed, which can lead to a large amount of frustration and wasted time (currently 5/14 in the past 3 days, 10/26 in the past week for befouled silver).

Once you've killed the T3, the process begins again. However, depending on your previous luck with upgrades, there is a very real chance that the T2 NMs have still not respawned due to their 1 hour cooldown.

With the massive amount of materials necessary to attempt to HQ the hexed gear, you can see how this punishing system is hurting players. We desperately need some quality of life changes to this content.

Either increased chance or guaranteed upgrades would be wonderful. Perhaps lowering the respawn rate on T2s and especially T3s. Maybe add a chance for T3 pops to not be consumed upon use, allowing us to effectively gather materials. Or, if nothing else, allow the crafting materials to be a guaranteed drop. Any of these changes would do wonders to improve the enjoyment of this content and stimulate the crafting economy, particularly on lower populated servers.

Any suggestions or feedback are much appreciated. Hopefully SE will consider this to be an important matter to address.
    (16)
    Last edited by Dillus; 09-08-2015 at 09:31 AM.

I was surprised they didn't change these when they updated the ones in Abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I would like to see better cool downs as well!
    (1)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think the cool down times for certain notorious monsters needs to be adjusted. Mainly the colorful abyssite nm's for magian trials. 1 hour in my opinion is way too long to be waiting for trial nm's. maybe lowering them to 15-30 mins is more reasonable.
    (0)

Character
    Oneeightyseven
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This definitly needs to be fixed. Etheral Squama has jumped from 500k to 3-4m on every server because of the respawn time of the t3's. I can live with the t2 1 hour respawn, as that is almost never the killer even with 5-10 daily campers during euro and NA playtime but 4 hrs on the t3 is just crazy.
    (0)

Character
    Systematicchaos
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Agreed. This system is a nightmare for the new crafts. Due to the rarity of the materials they need to be priced high to get people to farm them. Pricing them high means the end synth costs more, and no one wants to pay ridiculous prices for some of these.
    (0)

Player
    Gonna give this a little bump in the hopes that SE doesn't forget about VNMs in this next huge update.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I maintain the best course of action to take with VNMs is to have them drop their relevant crafting mat 100% of the time with a chance of a 2nd, just like with Abyssea NMs.
    (3)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Agreed, but I think that all VNMs AND Abyssea KIs should be 100%. There's little reason why a mob that drops a KI or an upgraded KI for any of this old content doesn't drop it at 100% rate.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I maintain the best course of action to take with VNMs is to have them drop their relevant crafting mat 100% of the time with a chance of a 2nd, just like with Abyssea NMs.
    Heck increasing it to at least 50% would still be a massive buff, with respawn 1~5 minutes.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 10-29-2015 at 03:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast