Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Ipetam is more of a tricky weapon to know if it's better overall for thf or not. Because of it's high delay for a dagger you are trading tp rate for ws damage. You need some solid augments on it to make it better than Izhiikoh. On the other hand I'm pretty sure even an unaugmented Macbain is better than Ragnarok.
    It's not. I have DMG +36 Atk/Acc +15 DA+4 on my Macbain and Rag is still stronger depending on what your doing. Spamming Resolution favors Rag while Torc favors Macbain, largely it's centered around how much Store TP is required to achieve the appropriate x-hit. That last TP/delay update had a very good effect on Rag making it really easy to get 6-hit with a ton of multi-attack to spare, weapons over 500 delay on the other hand didn't get much improvement and require sacrificing some multi-attack for enough store TP. For WS damage, my well augmented Macbain is only ~17% stronger on resolution even though it's base DMG is so high.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Bumping this. Please make more melee-friendly content which does not favour skillchain + Magic Burst, pets, or rangers. Please make WAR DRK and DRG useful in some way, make them unique, and able to survive against tough content easier without support. As long as the "heavy" DD do not dish out enough damage, and as long as the vast majority of content dies easily (and safely) to magic bursts and ranger/pet strategies, those of us who love playing these jobs (except Samurai) will never get the chance to play them outside of old/casual content.

Please make (some) NM/regular monsters which are resistant to skillchains, magic bursts, sleeps, and take extra melee damage. Don't just make them resistant, but make many of them appear (in fast waves) so you simply cannot have a bunch of Paladins/Pets kill them slowly. It should be rewarding to bring heavy DD jobs, and for a long time, it's been nothing but an inconvenience.

I have not played Dark Knight regularly since Delve I. Also please make Scythe "usable" again. Aside from Liberator, you could delete the weapon type from the game and it would not effect DRK in the slightest. I've been asking about Scythe since Resolution was introduced, but sadly .. never heard anything from SE about it. Rune Fencer has Great Sword, so why can't Dark Knight have Scythe?

WAR should have Ukko's Fury put back to how it used to be, and DRG just needs a new WS in general. All three jobs should have ways to survive and take status effects off without using dancer sub job. I don't want all content to be melee-friendly, but at least give us something aside from Delve or Skirmish.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kylos; 07-25-2015 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    A hundred people suddenly gearing BLU according to proth's guide will still produce a hundred sh!tty BLU's who will be unable to actually do well. It takes time a lot of experience to learn to play effectively.
    I love BLU and it's one of the jobs I've put the most effort into gearing, but I still suck at it compared to what it can do. So I agree with this sentiment. It's a really tough job to master.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Bumping again. While pet jobs, mages and rangers have a place in most content, heavy damage dealing jobs like DRK WAR and DRG do not have a place in the majority of content.

I'll continue to gear my Dark Knight as long as the game remains active, but for the love of Altana .. give us a reason to play these jobs, and not at the expense of other jobs. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person seriously bothered by this. I understand the need to play more than one job so you can get content done, and I do that, but the game is at its best when I play on my DRK.

I have been playing the job over a decade, but for the last few years it has become my least used job. Please give me a reason to play it anywhere except a Capacity Points party, or old content.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kylos; 08-21-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Are you tired of watching your pets have all the fun? Are you tired of standing back and using ranged attacks and elemental magic to stay safe? Perhaps you want to get stuck in there with a melee damage-dealing job? But then you realize, melee DD jobs don't work because they require a lot of support and end up dead from AoE and status effects. The job you once played every day for years, suddenly became a job you want to play, but no one will take. You want to keep it up-to-date, but what's the point if you can't play it?

I still feel this way about DRK. While I could use DRK for absolutely everything, it's not feasible. I would still struggle to stay alive against Escha NM, and instead of using an optimal setup using pets, rangers, or black mages, the melee setup would crumble before you can say "Wooo, look at me go!". Does anyone else feel like they can't use their favourite melee jobs anymore? Perhaps you're a SAM, and the only useful thing you can do is pop Perfidien and Plouton in Vagary. What happened to the almighty Samurai? What happened to the days when WAR was regarded a top tier DD? Did DRG ever get its time in the sun outside of Colibri camps?

So this is another bump. I know, shame on me. I only do so because SE REFUSES to acknowledge the fact that most melee DDs are useless in today's game. What's the point in playing DD when you can throw some Beastmaster pets at it? Why play melee DD when you can stand back and do damage as a Ranger and live through it? Why do melee DDs have such a hard time fighting in range, while pets, rangers and black mages can happily carry on with little-to-no repercussions? Yes, Beastmaster got a "nerf" by having their range shortened considerably, BUT IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, because people still throw Beastmasters at it, you just have to "not suck", and have some damage taken- equipment.

So I ask once again, for the sake of all those who love to get stuck in when they damage deal, click that little "Like" button down there, because apparently, SE only takes notice of threads with lots of likes. Unless you really want to keep playing BST, RNG, or BLM for everything. Again, I'm looking for a balance, I don't want melee DD jobs to take over the game so BST, RNG and BLM are left out (No more nerfs please), all I ask is .. throw us a bone or two. Give us something .. so I can be happy at this point of the games life.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kylos; 10-20-2015 at 04:51 AM.

Hey I agree DRK/WAR/DRG could all use a boost but could you stop attacking pet jobs?

Anyway the game is seriously unbalanced at this point and it is a real shame.
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Are you tired of watching your pets have all the fun? Are you tired of standing back and using ranged attacks and elemental magic to stay safe? Perhaps you want to get stuck in there with a melee damage-dealing job? But then you realize, melee DD jobs don't work because they require a lot of support and end up dead from AoE and status effects. The job you once played every day for years, suddenly became a job you want to play, but no one will take. You want to keep it up-to-date, but what's the point if you can't play it?

I still feel this way about DRK. While I could use DRK for absolutely everything, it's not feasible. I would still struggle to stay alive against Escha NM, and instead of using an optimal setup using pets, rangers, or black mages, the melee setup would crumble before you can say "Wooo, look at me go!". Does anyone else feel like they can't use their favourite melee jobs anymore? Perhaps you're a SAM, and the only useful thing you can do is pop Perfidien and Plouton in Vagary. What happened to the almighty Samurai? What happened to the days when WAR was regarded a top tier DD? Did DRG ever get its time in the sun outside of Colibri camps?

So this is another bump. I know, shame on me. I only do so because SE REFUSES to acknowledge the fact that most melee DDs are useless in today's game. What's the point in playing DD when you can throw some Beastmaster pets at it? Why play melee DD when you can stand back and do damage as a Ranger and live through it? Why do melee DDs have such a hard time fighting in range, while pets, rangers and black mages can happily carry on with little-to-no repercussions? Yes, Beastmaster got a "nerf" by having their range shortened considerably, BUT IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, because people still throw Beastmasters at it, you just have to "not suck", and have some damage taken- equipment.

So I ask once again, for the sake of all those who love to get stuck in when they damage deal, click that little "Like" button down there, because apparently, SE only takes notice of threads with lots of likes. Unless you really want to keep playing BST, RNG, or BLM for everything. Again, I'm looking for a balance, I don't want melee DD jobs to take over the game so BST, RNG and BLM are left out (No more nerfs please), all I ask is .. throw us a bone or two. Give us something .. so I can be happy at this point of the games life.
    Gonna have to agree there. Been trying to catch up and beat the SoA missions... but my only level 99 jobs are MNK, DNC, and NIN. So, it's basically been a bad time.
    (1)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

If you don't already have the rhapsodies ki's for 5 trusts I'd recommend that first. A couple of the fights might still be painful but possible at least. Wish you were on Phoenix, I'd lend a hand
    (0)

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The Balance on the DD Jobs are MESSED UP When a PLD out DD a MNK >.> and when my NIN does way better than a SAM MNK DRG DRK PLD RNG BLU on WS DMG >.> and Skillchain / MB

They should revise those and make sure that : MNK DRG DRK SAM are back at the TOP DDs Followed by other jobs and PLD on last row >.> PLD not a DD but a Tank , so I dont understand why a PLD doing 10 K WS and a MNK doing only 3 K

ya.......... not just me but alot of ppl doing shit dmg on MNK >.> Even TOP Players with 119 Relic , Mythic , Emp still not doing the DMG they supposed to.

PLD just isn't supposed to do 10 K >.>

MNK should be doing 7~11 K Victory Smites not 3~5 K

Also EMPERYAN WEAPON SKILLS Must be back to its Former GLORY !

When we see a Savage Blade out DD a CDC >.> it makes you wonder WTF

or Raging Fists doing better than Victory Smite >.>

Blade: Ku and Shun out DD HI

Sidewinder out DD Jishnu's Radiance >.>

Not to mention the Freaking Shoha out DD FUDO >.> WTF !

so ya........ need to make EMP Better and need to bring back DD Jobs to being DD >.> and Tank to being TANKS <,<

My NIN Rapes most DD nowdays <,< doing 8~18 K WS (Depending on mob) and 1 WS each 7 seconds or less <,< Solo skillchain > Solo MB !

so please Revise jobs and make them able to be useful again >.>

ALOT of ppl QUIT cuz they feel they are useless now, be nice to have MNKs DRGs DRKs SAMs back at top

Thank you
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Hey I agree DRK/WAR/DRG could all use a boost but could you stop attacking pet jobs?

Anyway the game is seriously unbalanced at this point and it is a real shame.
    I agree. They seriously need to look at the amount of damage / debuffs that anything on the front line takes. I mean you can still do most things with DD jobs that can reasonably sub /nin like THF, DNC and BLU, but really all of them need some sort of defensive buffs. The difference in difficulty between throwing DDs at something or just nuking it is silly at this point.
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast