Bluemage Counter

Recently ive been fooling around with the maximum counter rate for blu (80%)

/mnk

counter job trait 10%
    counterstance 50%
    orcish counterstance 10%
    and 10% from skirmish armors / wkr

after reading how counterstance works, it says minne will grant defense added toward counterstances eval but protect wont, is PDT also taken out of this equation because I cant find it anywhere online, and even with -50% pdt and phalanx with 520 enhancing magic skill scholar, along with sandweather vit bonus I'm still getting hit for 300+ dmg from delve raptor when normally he hits me for 0-40 dmg

my question is does PDT work towards counterstance, and if not , other than minne/valliant's are there any other job abilities to increase defense while under counterstance, or an all jobs item that has a latent to decrease the dmg .
    (0)

I use the delve raptor specifically for testing purposes because he has a very fast triple attack that will hit me with decent dmg allowing me to gauge the attack normally (plus its also fun to see almost all my moves countered as blu/mnk )
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well it's actually not 50 just from counterstance. There are varying sources of the exact value. Some say 45 some say it sets you at base 50% as a mnk which would mean 40%. Also you can actually get more with alluvion skirmish gear (only with other nice stats). Actually makes me want to try this on thf for some bully SA hilarity.

Yes pdt helps but it's hard to counteract all that lack of defense so it's kinda like running around as lvl 75 character against those mobs so yeah 300+ dmg sounds completely reasonable. Also that whole only minne helps is old data. About 2 years ago it was update to just reduce your def by half so feel free to still stack some. Heck you should be able to counter it with cocoon. And yes everything that ups def should work under counterstance now.
    (0)

when I put counterstance on, my defense goes all the way down to like 350ish,*(used to be 0 but they fixed that via a patch) then things like protect and cocoon and minne will add the "Defense" to my equipment screen, however I don't see it effecting the character, so for example;

if I don't use counterstance and have 800 defense, then I get hit for 50 dmg with phanlx and -pdt 50%

if I do use counterstance and use protect, minne, and cocoon and get around 700 defense, I get hit for 300 dmg or more(with phanlx and pdt) when I'm not countering 20% of the time.

I've gotton a lot of the counter skirmish auguments from armors , but i don't have the space for 5/5 atm due to dual weild 4~5 5/5, weaponskill acc 20~30 5/5, weaponskill dmg 2~5 % 5/5, INT+7~10 5/5 magic critical hit dmg +10 5/5, magic critical hit rate 7~10 5/5 and a few others i HAD to have first lol but counter 5/5 is def still on my list of things to 5/5, ; ; need a new mog wardrobe
    (0)
    Last edited by evanwimbish; 03-13-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Wait you've gotten 5 wsdmg on armor!?! Hmmm 300 def I could understand the dmg going up that much but 700 not as much. It might be some kind of bug where it's displaying the changes they made with the counterstance update but not actually counting and still basically counting it as the like 10 def it used to be
    (0)