Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Attempt to cycle log windows crashes to desktop

Hello,
    Hoping someone can help me. Recently (not exactly sure when it started because I didn't know the root cause right away) I noticed that by trying to change the chat log view, I get booted immediately from POL and crashed to desktop. I've tested this with and without a controller plugged in and on multiple characters.

So to give additional detail, this happens when I attempt to change from log window view, say I want to see only LS chat, I was able to cycle to that specific window, but now I cannot do that without a crash. Someone in my LS said his works fine, so it's not a game problem. Has anyone ever heard of this?
    Thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, it got worse and now I can't even look at my window without a crash. GG S-E, GG.

Services cancelled. March 29th will be my last day.
    (0)

Sorry, but I find this utterly hillarious.
    In your first post you specifically write this being a local problem for you, which the people in your shell confirm by not having this problem and the lack of response here confirms it even further.

Now you go all "It's SE's fault! I'm unsubscribing, bye!"

Well, let the door hit you on your way out!
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Did you try running a file check yet?

If it only happens during a certain action, I believe a corrupt data file is a prime suspect.

You can launch the check via the opening 'page' of PlayOnline viewer, before logging in. Hopefully it wont be a more serious issue than that, but I would also look into the health of the hard-drive (Smartmontools) for example.

If you use any third-party tools, I think it goes without saying that you should try without those, too. I would recommend staying away from them anyblue, but I digress!

Best of luck, if you decide to stay.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.