Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Even more, why are you arguing against trimming unuseful pet augments that apply to jobs that can't use the armor piece? I see no reason it hurts you to have Avatar Perpetuation cost removed from a BST axe or BP dmg+ removed from Linos.
    there's no benefit. Nobody ever subs those jobs and there is pretty much nothing to gain from doing so. BST is the only pet job of the four that is in any way functional as a SUB due to charm being based on BST main level and not sub level. But that only helps you where there are charmable mobs. This does little but get in the way of trying to get legitimately good augments you can use.
    (1)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    lol OP's post went right over some people's heads. OP WANTED PET AUGMENTS. But ones he could actually use. He was augmenting the staff for avatar type enhancements, and he got Charm+11 which is on a weapon not usable by BST. This should not be possible- it's a broken mechanic. No one in their right mind is subbing any type of pet jobs in the game these days for any reason. There's just no need to, and you are intentionally gimping yourself by doing so.

So it's not his or my fault that the system sucks. Acro gear cannot be used by PUP or SMN so why have PUP or SMN type augments possible? I want BST augments on it. That's it. This crap is random enough without further complicating the problem.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    lol OP's post went right over some people's heads. OP WANTED PET AUGMENTS. But ones he could actually use. He was augmenting the staff for avatar type enhancements, and he got Charm+11 which is on a weapon not usable by BST. This should not be possible- it's a broken mechanic. No one in their right mind is subbing any type of pet jobs in the game these days for any reason. There's just no need to, and you are intentionally gimping yourself by doing so.

So it's not his or my fault that the system sucks. Acro gear cannot be used by PUP or SMN so why have PUP or SMN type augments possible? I want BST augments on it. That's it. This crap is random enough without further complicating the problem.
    Point taken. But that's basically the case as it is with all jobs I find.

I often get slit augments that might as well be useless to me because they do not fit my playing style. Technically you could make the argument they benefit me because my job can use them. In the reality though: unless they coincide with my build they are meager and not worth keeping.

As I understand it orb stones are singular to pet augments much the same way dim stones are singular to mage augments. So if you were to limit the augments of orb stones to match the main job requirements on armor then these stones would become advantageous in ways these stones are not. Protey's point this would shun sub job combinations is also something to consider.

I guess what I am saying is we all get useless augments. This isn't unique to orb stones or pet jobs. It just seems that way because the misplacement of the augment is more obvious. But in the end I believe the system is consistent.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dale; 03-14-2015 at 06:50 AM.

The original post is stating he used dusk orb(pet) on a karunos staff (smn blm sch) and he got dusk orb stats (pet)
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post

I'm wiling to wager that the augments are selected entirely based on the stones and totally independent of the gear you're using. It may or may not be simple for them to change this.
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm wiling to wager that the augments are selected entirely based on the stones and totally independent of the gear you're using. It may or may not be simple for them to change this.
    False. Leafslit will give you Triple attack on Taeon pieces, but only double attack on Acro pieces. They have made the distinction based on gear set. Why not with orb type stones?
    (1)

most people make the assumption about charm that it is based on your main level, because that is what ffxiclopedia.org/charm says but this really isn't the case.... charm is based on a users CHR, not their main level, you can test this by taking CHR off and trying to use gauge/charm on a tougher enemy and seeing what the log says , this is perfect in some cases with CHR bard set up (relic horn gives +CHR 15~25 and most gendewitha +1 is high CHR pre-yorcia allouvian) anywho I rarely use /pet because /sch is 99 sch in most cases so blu/sch is more worth while, with the new skrirmish regen potency armor and /sch regen II and bolebunga ect /sch is the best sub job for most jobs looking to be self sustaining.

an example;

if I am blu/sch and I have no arts active I have about 150 elemental magic skill if I use stone my stone will look like this;

stone 333 stone 49 stone 1100 stone 454 stone 843 stone 1100 stone 258 (stone 49 is the lowest amount of dmg my stone will do, and 1100 is my normal damage which I'm supposed to do unresisted)

if I use dark arts then I get 350+ elemental magic skil (which is what a level 99 has before gear/merits), if I use "stone" it looks like this

1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 1100
    *(1100 is an example, my stone is 2000+ as blu/sch with day/weather belt, quanpur necklace, ect 390 MAB, ect)

(elemental magic skill does not increase damage, it must makes it so the enemy does not resist your natural magic damage amount often(ly)

to further increase damage you look at 5 different methods;

magic attack bonus, (adds a % of damage to your spell)

magic damage (gives almost triple the amount listed towards spell, example stone does 1100 dmg , with dosis tathulm (+13 Magic dmg stone does 1143)

magic critical hit damage activation / magic critical hit damage %+ , not really worth while with tier I spells, but amazing if your spell does higher damage, example it makes my light/dark spells go from 5~15 to 25k+)

INT the more INT you have, the more magical damage you do, this also works if you lower an enemies INT as well (example Impact or soundblast)

day/weather adds up to 35~45% damage to your spell) new storm spells II from scholar gifts give 15% dmg, old ones gave 10 so I think this broke that to 55% cap however still havnt tested thoroughly)

anywho; EVERY job can use skirmish armor, and EVERY job can use snowdim on 5/5 armor to get 120+ MAB, then use a club for all jobs with magic dmg +99 + and sub sch in dark arts, ect, then every job can do 1000+ nukes with proper gear, this is how I'm hitting 1500+ nukes with my alt "phagen" bard/sch or with pld/sch or with war/sch ect and this is very much more possible for EVERY job, after the new allouvian skirmish was released

the reason why I don't use /pet jobs as much as I use /sch is for obvious reasons (my thunder does 2100 + on delve shark as blu/sch) but I do like to use pet jobs when I'm VERY bored with gameplay because everything is soo easy to do now once u get 5/5 MAB ect

imagine how many people augumented their hagondes +1 armor with +2 stones and got pet magic attack bonus auguments, not knowing that the same method listed above works with pets...... 2/3 of the pet jobs have skill that cant be capped to 99 but that still does not mean that they "cant " do real damage if they don't have the proper armor.

things like "pet damage taken -2 neck for most jobs" from miser coast, and pet -5 dmg from the new skirmish armor is highly overlooked, but they are mainly for people who have been already working very hard on macro/equipsets for a while. These pieces may look random to some, and so may the auguments, but they are meant for EVERYONE as a whole, for people that like to take jobs to the maximum potency of a trait / attack / spell ect
    (0)

but put it this way..... if I have 360+ INT, +50 magic critical hit rate, +50 magic critical hit damage, +370 magic attack bonus , then I don't have to rely on ANY sub to play my main as blu..... so /sch in most new content isn't really worth while since I'm relying on my main blu magic to deal dmg vs low tier nukes, so if I'm spamming subdction or tempest upheaval or other blu magics, I don't have time to use the abilities of my sub. that is why I brought up my yorica weild example, (if I'm spamming 3~9k magic spells every 1 second, then it isn't worth while to use anything else except occulation or haste ect, so I could have a pet doing stuff for me as well since I don't have time to hit any other buttons)

I don't use /war because its only +20~35% attack bonus , provoke, 10% double attack which does not stack with blu trait
    I don't use ninja because occulation is 10 shadow images and I get it back 25 seconds later, I already have dual weild II + 5/5 dual weild armor +5 on, so theres no point in /nin
    I don't use /dancer often because phagen is either brd/dnc (kraken club gjallarhorn rudras) or brd/sch (I also have wolfevangelist as scholar (trio box) so I already have access to sambas /waltzs
    I don't use /rdm because I have magic hammer for 1500 + every 1~2min so no convert or refresh necessary
    i don't have to /blm since i have access to my own stuns as blu
    i might /drk after the update since absorb traits will raise my INT making me do more dmg both ways since I'm gaining the INT, and the enemy is losing it
    but /sch is the most comfortable sub atm for blu since u have access to light and dark arts making u a 99 sch and a 99 blu basically at the same time, minus the regens and high pro/shell ect
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    most people make the assumption about charm that it is based on your main level, because that is what ffxiclopedia.org/charm says but this really isn't the case.... charm is based on a users CHR,
    I don't play BST at all admittedly, but I had read (as you noted) that your BST level plays into the success rate of Charm, as supposedly if you had not fully leveled BST, charm would fail with BST subjob much more than if your BST was max level.

Why not with orb type stones?
    Well, I agree. If it's already a thing as you said, it makes little sense to have Charm be a thing on gear that BST can't equip. I can't say it's COMPLETELY invalid though, given what was said by the poster I quoted above, because that means technically BST sub is "viable."
    (1)

10. 03-15-2015 07:19 PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3