Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I more so would have fully welcomed the charm +11 so I could test it on my Gjallarhorn bard's varelai and its good to know I can use duskorb stones for charm +11, this is also good for when you sub beastmaster because charm is based on your CHR, the higher your CHR is- the more likely/longer u charm an enemy, so a blm/bst can successfully charm most seekers of adoulin monsters which I think is pretty cool as an option, but sucks since u'd have to use drain to recover HP ; ;, but that's just using blm as the example, again I would eagerly like to test charm +11 to see if it increases varelai's charm as well, but until now we havnt had access to those types of armors. Thank you SE for giving us sooooo many options to do things now! I specifically <3 kraken club bard now since I can wear accuracy +30 / attack +30 armors 5/5 boooooooooooooooo yeaaaaaaaah! and putting store TP or weaponskill dmg on the linos as well as weaponskill dmg / weapon skill accuracy +30 is sooo amazing for bard with rudras! (snowslit / leafdim stones!) cant wait for this next version update to see what the new events are going to drop!! but yeah duskorb is pet augument so beware before u use them ; ; that's why they are the cheapest stones because not too many play pet jobs as much in endgame events vs other jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by evanwimbish; 03-13-2015 at 03:45 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Protey, both of your answers are flawed, as each of the items mentioned have a pet job on them. Clou might have been aiming for a SMN augment, but got augments for jobs that are not on the staff, while Ramzi was likely going for BST augments and got augments that cannot be used by jobs that aren't on the piece. Don't be so high-horse. >.>

That being said, I wish they would at least eliminate the augments for jobs that aren't on the item. Blood Pact damage on Linos, for example, should never happen, etc etc.
    my answers are not flawed. you could sub smn on those jobs. i'm not high-horse. you are just limited in your thinking. -orb is for pet jobs. doesn't matter if the augment is for the specific pet job you want, because you could have that pet job as a subjob. bst/smn for example.
    (1)

Character
    Rainehx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Its not so much the augments that get me, its the fact that in a month when empy hits this will all be worthless.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainehx View Post
    Its not so much the augments that get me, its the fact that in a month when empy hits this will all be worthless.
    doubtful. these augments are ridiculously powerful and some have special augments that are not likely to be found on empy (phalanx+ for example)
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    my answers are not flawed. you could sub smn on those jobs. i'm not high-horse. you are just limited in your thinking. -orb is for pet jobs. doesn't matter if the augment is for the specific pet job you want, because you could have that pet job as a subjob. bst/smn for example.
    It's supposed to be for pet jobs... however from what I've seen the only "pet" augments on duskorb on weapons is charm, base stats and bp dmg. The majority of the possibly augments for duskorb have nothing to do with pets at all
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    "You are just limited in your thinking" is a very condescending reply, so yes, yes you are. That being said, the flaw in your logic is that there is no real benefit to subbing a pet job in today's 99+ gameplay. Yes, I understand the possibility of developer intent, but this intent is ridiculous, and it is because of that we are speaking out to try and remove augments that are mostly useless for the jobs wearing the equipment.

Subbing BST only gets you charm since you can't equip pet jugs, and the use of charming things in Adoulin is next to none. Subbing PUP gets you a level 49 puppet, more than 60 levels below the average Adoulin content, and its only use in the past was to have it for Ob, who is ridiculously easy to solo at our current levels even without changing his frame. Subbing SMN is the only one with any minor bonus between Auto-Refresh and maybe something like a niche Garuda Hastega casting. With so much dependent on skill and avatar level, having it as a subjob is an extremely weak choice as compared to say, SCH or RDM.

Again, I'm not saying that the Devs didn't do this intentionally because "oh, they may sub X pet job", because I'm not psychic last I checked. But the point of the forum is feedback, and the feedback is that it is ridiculous to get repair potency on a piece designed for Beastmaster when /PUP is mostly useless.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

I still sub bst and charm things and throw them at the delve enemies outside fracture.... sometimes on blu , sometimes on bard, I usually solo triobox so having the extra pets if I'm BLU BRD SCH and blu, brd, use charm it quicken things up a bit, an example would be when I have to solo tier V delve yorica for a bead, then i'll use nearby enemies to charm and throw it at NM, and its not like those enemies have their level scaled or anything.... so ur throwing 113 pets at them or so with "charm" as /bst

charm is also used for bind on all enemies that aren't charmable so the charm +11 works in that case as well, good for parties where you need to keep your distance, so the charm +11 would also work to that advantage

/pup is very very good after the recent adjustments so having a pet cure is a great option, however the magical attacks still kinda suck, even wearing 5/5 pet MAB armor +25~30 my pet cant break 500~1000 dmg.

/smn is great when taking advantage of day/weather/elemental weaknesses, but your enemy has to be weak to an element to take most dmg, but caitsith is amazing as /smn which some ppl overlook that he gets raise II at like level 20 or something as well as reraise,

but again, maidens varelai and charm are the TWO things to charm enemies with. so charm +11 I'm curious to see if it works on bard vs bst, but even more so a charm +11 weapon isn't something you main in anyways, it would be part of a equipset if anything, but /pet jobs aren't that bad, u just have to put a lot into them.

I use thief/pup to solo dynamis when I'm bored, the pet heals me and staggers enemies , I use drain bolts when necessary, and my pet always has MP due to mana converter, I can have him haste me, protect IV shell IV cure status ailments, use an eraser on me, ect

with the new armors you can make 5/5 -pet damage armor so thats even more amazing for jobs like diablos which give phanlx to the pet, allowing him to take a lot less dmg than normal, then swapping to 5/5 pet macc for things like absorbs attributes from enemies within range ect.

what I always told my LS members when we were doing verdgris / wailingstones armors; Never throw or re-augument armors if use a +2 stone, unless you already have that augument, because eventually ull have an idea that ull want to test out, and u wont have the armor that u threw away... example I saved all my pet magic attack bonus +25~30 hagondes armors so that way when I wanted to play as blu/smn later , or thief/pup ect I would have them. (thought I didn't save -enmity or magic burst dmg because blu can only magic burst with blu spells under a 2 min job ability, and I would need a sam to effectively use magic burst armor)

Im not replying to try to hurt anyones feelings, I'm just hoping to raise awareness for these armors and what their intents were for, they definitely work fantastic in certain situatations like if u have 5/5 pet magic accuracy / magic attack from using duskorb stones +2 5/5 (magic attack bonus +30 / macc +30 on each) making it so I can throw away some old hagondes pieces (like hands) and keeping things like feet which have initial pet auguments. And they are universal armors making it so I can wear it for blu or smn (though most smn armors cant be replaced with skirmish gear) ect.

i'll take the charm +11 weapon if u don't want it ;p
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    "You are just limited in your thinking" is a very condescending reply, so yes, yes you are. That being said, the flaw in your logic is that there is no real benefit to subbing a pet job in today's 99+ gameplay. Yes, I understand the possibility of developer intent, but this intent is ridiculous, and it is because of that we are speaking out to try and remove augments that are mostly useless for the jobs wearing the equipment.

Subbing BST only gets you charm since you can't equip pet jugs, and the use of charming things in Adoulin is next to none. Subbing PUP gets you a level 49 puppet, more than 60 levels below the average Adoulin content, and its only use in the past was to have it for Ob, who is ridiculously easy to solo at our current levels even without changing his frame. Subbing SMN is the only one with any minor bonus between Auto-Refresh and maybe something like a niche Garuda Hastega casting. With so much dependent on skill and avatar level, having it as a subjob is an extremely weak choice as compared to say, SCH or RDM.

Again, I'm not saying that the Devs didn't do this intentionally because "oh, they may sub X pet job", because I'm not psychic last I checked. But the point of the forum is feedback, and the feedback is that it is ridiculous to get repair potency on a piece designed for Beastmaster when /PUP is mostly useless.
    my first post, no, no it wasn't. stating what something is designed for and pointing out that you were using the wrong one is not high horse. it's pointing out you didn't do what would make sense.

there is no flaw in my logic. the -orb stones are designed for pet augments. yorium gear is war drk pld; should they just not give any augments for -orb? doesn't matter if you don't like it, doesn't matter if you deem it ridiculous, that's the way it is designed and you should not use that stone if you don't want pet augments. and if you want certain pet augments over others they would have had to create a ridiculous amount of tertiary type stones for each possible augment. doesn't matter if you think subbing a pet job is unreasonable, people play different ways. your gripe is what is ridiculous.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Why would they have had to create a tertiary type of stone? Granted, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know the load that goes into it, but why wouldn't they have something like simply limiting stone results based on the type of armor or weapon? We already know they have different bonuses based on the equipment piece used (i.e. you can use Leafslits on Acro but you won't see TA or Dual-Wield, where you'll see it on Taeon), so why not make it so that only the pet bonuses that can apply to the jobs equipping the piece can be put on? Granted, I see the problem that comes on on Yorium gear, the only set that doesn't have pet augments, but with the wide number of general augments, what harm would it do to have them snip a few that don't make sense?

Even more, why are you arguing against trimming unuseful pet augments that apply to jobs that can't use the armor piece? I see no reason it hurts you to have Avatar Perpetuation cost removed from a BST axe or BP dmg+ removed from Linos.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    the harm is that there are people like evanwimbish who do play with those pet jobs as subjob. why should his augments be taken away because you are a little inconvenienced? now if you were to say something like: when you trade the armor/weapon and augment stone a dialog box pops up that you choose which specific augment you get (values will vary still) then that I could totally agree with. But as the system is now, it would not be fair for you to suggest taking the augments away from people (although I think it odd that they would play /bst or /smn or w/e, that is their choice).
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast